Stroller option for a preschooler???

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Yes, this is another stroller question! My oldest will be 5 (just turned 5 to be exact) at time of travel. I've pretty much decided that he's going to need a stroller (I think he'll still need one and a lot of people around here think so as well).

So with this bit of knowledge in hand, what kind of stroller do I get? I don't want to rent one, I want to have my own! At the moment, he's only 40lbs (right on the money) but the trip is still 6 months away - so, I don't know how big he'll be by then (he's a skinny little thing)!?! The last time we were there he was 3 (almost 4) and we used an umbrella stroller with a canopy. It worked fine except for... you know, the rubber foot rest that they have on those kind of strollers, well the thing stretched in the heat and my son's feet pushing down on it would also push down on the wheels. This made the stroller impossible to push and numerous times my husband picked up the thing and threaten to throw in the garbage!:mad: I had to beg him not to throw the stroller away!:lol: So, what are my options here? I don't want to get another umbrella stroller and have the same thing happen (especially since he's taller now).

I was also wondering about the stroller that they sell in the gift shops? We looked at one in our gift shop in AS Music. I can't remember much about it at the moment. I know it was a red color and around the $40 mark! Does anybody know what I'm talking about and or have used this stroller? Is it any good for big kids?

Sorry guys didn't mean to ramble but any advice, thoughts, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:wave:

SAV

We have been using the Baby Trend Trendsport lite from babies r us for the last 2 years and it has withstood the rigors of 2 Disney Trips(and countless other uses) and it has actually replaced our large travel system. We did buy it for my Son who is now 3, but my Daughter who is almost 7, fits in it just fine. The wheels will not melt in the Florida heat and it has a nice Basket, tray and a holder for the parents drinks. It folds up to be pretty thin and is relatively easy to transport. The only thing I don't like is the latch when it is folded up. It doesn't work too well.

Hope this helps.

mousefan1972

Maclaren strollers can hold up to 55 lbs. I would recommend the Volo, as it is the cheapest model and weighs only 9 lbs. It comes with a carry strap (great for the buses!) and has a canopy and underneath basket. You can find them on Ebay for around $60, or even less for a used one. They steer like a dream and are so easy to fold up, and they are very compact once folded. The only negative is that they don't recline, but given that your son is 5, I doubt you would need that feature, anyway.

henryt93

Maclaren strollers can hold up to 55 lbs. I would recommend the Volo, as it is the cheapest model and weighs only 9 lbs. It comes with a carry strap (great for the buses!) and has a canopy and underneath basket. You can find them on Ebay for around $60, or even less for a used one. They steer like a dream and are so easy to fold up, and they are very compact once folded. The only negative is that they don't recline, but given that your son is 5, I doubt you would need that feature, anyway.

I would have to second that!

MacLaren stroller worked awesome for us. My son turned 4 on our trip and my daughter was almost 2. My son is very tall for his age and weighs close to 50 lbs. I got a use MacLaren double stroller on Ebay for $120 and it was a lifesaver. We will bring it on our trip this fall too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom