Stroller Hell!!

Ok gang here's the question....when are you too old to ride in a stroller? Answer: WHEN YOU'RE BLOODY OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE EXPERIENCE!!!

C'Mon now, last week there were like 8-10 year olds in strollers I swear. Parents were crammin' 'em in no matter waht size! legs danglin' off, 2 kids in one stroller....What's the deal??

I can't tell you how many times I was run over last week! They are a menace. How about an age restriction? :(

monorail256

Originally posted by Pooh88
I meant an age restriction for stroller rental like some other parks do... :p

I totally agree with you! When I was there this past weekend... I saw kids that were eaisly 9 or 10 years old in strollers. For me, I was walking around Disney World at the age of 6... strollers are good for the little ones but not for ages 7+ (unless necessary due to some kind of handicap).

Maria

Originally posted by Pooh88
I meant an age restriction for stroller rental like some other parks do... :p

Oh I know... ;)

That was just my line after my shifts in the kidcot "fun spot"! :hammer:

The Mom

Premium Member
I always felt that once my children were old enough for "real" school (not nursery or preschool) they were too old for a stroller.

(Unless, as mentioned, they're a physical reason...other than "I'm tired!!")

Of course, by the time my eldest was 5, we were both Disney veterans, so had stopped doing "commando" type touring. :lol: The first time we brought her little brother, and put him in a stroller, she was old enough to have been mortified at the thought of riding with him! :eek:

aim

We stopped getting strollers when my sister was too big. They OLD strollers fit two kids nicely and weren't like huge ones they have now! :lol:

Instead of an age requirement......maybe a height requirement! lol, there are kids that are bug for their age!

mstarfishee

Just so annoying, I can't stand it. It's bad enough when you are clipped at the ankles by someone pushing a young child, but when it's an 8 or 9 year old, I really want to scream! OBNOXIOUS!!!

aim

Originally posted by mstarfishee
Just so annoying, I can't stand it. It's bad enough when you are clipped at the ankles by someone pushing a young child, but when it's an 8 or 9 year old, I really want to scream! OBNOXIOUS!!!

Or, how about when the kid's feet are hanging over and that hits you. I don't mind the whole people hitting me with the stroller, just as long as the say sorry (or I say sorry, same difference). But when the kids foot is well out of the stroller (because they're too big), that kind of annoys me.

crazygirley

When I was at MK last June, this one woman had a little boy (maybe five) and a baby girl (around 9 months) and she had two strollers (one from home and one rented). She had both kids crammed into one stroller, the baby sitting on the boy's lap...nearly falling out, and she had the other stroller full of bags of souviners, a purse, and a diaper bag the size of a suitcase. She was trying to push both of the strollers around, bumping into everyone, making sure the baby didn't fall out of the one stroller, and making sure the bags didn't fall out of the other. She was blocking practically all of Main Street...I mean, can you see it? One woman with two strollers, two kids...it was a disaster. She was also giving everyone dirty looks...perhaps she was feeling sorry for herself. I was wondering where her husband was?

Dave Radlinsky

OMG! This is getting out hand. We were at MVMCP this past December and I swear we saw 2 very able body kids at least 9 and 10 years old crammed into a stroller. I made sure to catch the father's attention and then just laugh. Cmon people, kids can walk for cripes sakes.

John park hopper

My sons were in strollers until they were 4 after that they walked and guess what they are still alive and remember being at WDW and I have never heard them complain OMG we had to walk at WDW. Disney should charge a stroller up charge of $99.50/day for stroller use. They charge for everything else.

Weather_Lady

OMG! This is getting out hand. We were at MVMCP this past December and I swear we saw 2 very able body kids at least 9 and 10 years old crammed into a stroller. I made sure to catch the father's attention and then just laugh. Cmon people, kids can walk for cripes sakes.

Just a gentle reminder -- please don't bump old threads!

The Mom

Premium Member
6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom