Stroller for 2 and a half year old?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Three kids 7 and under. No problems with the older two, they can walk (I am NOT a modern parent that way, very old school). Last year she was 1 and a half. We had a stroller and it came in handy. She had a nap, no problems. She fell asleep for the fireworks. It was convenient to do it then. However, the strollers are a pain in the neck. You need to collapse them and park them everywhere just to go on a ride. Our daughter isn't heavy, she can walk a lot and we have three adults that can help if needed. I don't like the idea of paying $15 for a stroller and I feel it is a nuisance to collapse them and park them. However, do you think I'll be hitting myself around 5pm? Or............is there a discounted price after a certain time at the Magic Kingdom? I've never done this. We didn't even bring a stroller to Florida, that is how often we use it.

Mark Cameron

My son was just over 4 years old the first time we took him to the World. He had not used a stroller hardly ever in his life, just never really liked one. My Wife and I decided to get a stroller just on the chance that he might get tired and use it rather than us having to carry him. We had already sold the stroller that we owned and wouldn't want to travel with on anyway so I started doing research. We ended up choosing Kingdom Strollers. We had an amazing experience with Kingdom Strollers and our son rode in that stroller much more than we ever expected and it was glorious! Kingdom Strollers delivers the stroller to your resort and picks it up from there. They have very nice strollers as well. We will be getting another stroller from then for our next trip in February. www.kingdomstrollers.com Not a paid advertisement lol

thomas998

There is no discount on the strollers based on when you get them on any given day. And yes you will regret not having one if your expectation is to carry 2 1/2 year old when she gets tired. I suggest you just stop by walmart when you first arrive and get yourself a cheap stroller then donate it to goodwill when you leave or throw it in the trash. You can get the cheapest umbrella stroller from Walmart for about 15 dollars... or a more substantial stroller for between 50 and 75... We have purchased and left behind about a half dozen strollers over the years because it has always been the case that you are better off buying a cheap one than renting one from Disney. Same goes for car seats from walmart vs renting them from the car rental places.

DreamalittleDisney

We use orlando strollers.. used them last trip for 3.5yo- who hadn't used one at home since around 15months old.

Weve alsorented one for next month he's now 5.5yo will only be using on evenings so me.and DH can still enjoy park time when he is asleep in stroller

dreamfinder

I would suggest getting one, solely for the ease of not having to carry the child when they fall asleep or need to take a nap. The stroller rentals are only at the entrance to the park, so it's not really convenient to decide to get one middle of the day. The only "discount" I've seen on the Disney strollers is that sometimes at park close, CMs will offer up people strollers as they are doing things like leaving F! (or other things at the back of the park). Basically the CMs don't want to have to move them all to the front of the park themselves, so they let you use it for free, and it saves them a trip. It's a win win.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Okay so an update...................yesterday at MK we were with our 7, 4 and 2 year olds. Great day. No stroller. No kidding. Our 2.5 year old was a trooper. We had a backpack, and in all honesty it wasn't until the fireworks at 9pm where I wish we had one. Then of course the long trek back to the parking lot with two tired children passed out (our oldest was fine). So, the next time we go to Disney it will be even better. I guess our kids just ran on adrenaline. So no, I am glad we did not get one. Including the price they were a nuisance I did not miss. But I was still surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom