Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Goofyernmost

I don't see anything getting their knickers in a knot, do you? Rather, sharing of ideas.
Lighten up Francis, it's just an expression. Used in connection with a make believe land connecting to a make believe land. There is an underlying feel of critical evaluation when the only actual information that anyone has is manufactured in our own minds. The questions are being asked like anyone here has the answers, it's one make believe thought after another.

When statements are made that some such thing or the other will not flow well and they shouldn't be doing it that way then it is more then sharing ideas, it is taking a manufactured thought and making a fact out of it with no basis of reality. That is getting ones knickers in a knot.
Goofynermost means well but doesn't seem to like speculation. Just an observation ...
It's not so much that I don't like speculation as long as speculation is based on something more solid then a fleeting thought that passes randomly through our minds. However, in this case the speculation defined exactly what DHS has been practically since it opened up. Scenes did not represent different locations in California or any other place, they represented sets for movie making in Hollywood. My question was if you say Hollywood or LA, how is that different? In the end it really doesn't matter, it will be whatever they have decided they want it to be. My philosophy is why discuss what isn't yet, there is nothing to discuss until whatever it is becomes actual, then it is worthy of discussion. In this case we all know how cheap Disney is, they are not going to spend mega-bucks to connect between SWL and ST when they know it isn't going to be of any need for very long. That was the reason for my original response. It just seemed that someone missed the "discussion" brought up a number of times about the ultimate demise of ST.

Kman101

But we're all going to discuss and speculate. That to me is what a discussion board is ... so try not to always get so up in arms over it? It comes off as lecturing to be quite honest. Just ignore it if bothers you. Not trying to be rude, I really am not, but it does come off as lecturing people on what to talk about.

Goofyernmost

But we're all going to discuss and speculate. That to me is what a discussion board is ... so try not to always get so up in arms over it? It comes off as lecturing to be quite honest. Just ignore it if bothers you. Not trying to be rude, I really am not, but it does come off as lecturing people on what to talk about.
You and the rest can talk about anything you want, I am not saying don't do it, I'm saying that, in my mind, it is just hot air. We don't know what they are going to be doing in detail, we are discussing the same thing as talking about the existence of the planet Hogwash, which doesn't exist, and I am expressing my concern about reading about stuff that is nothing more then air particles. I what to see what is happening with the area, not what an armchair imagineer THINKS is happening. I and other have to wade through post after post of nonsense just to try and determine what is legit and what is BS. I think on a discussion board I should be able to express my frustrations without being told to stay away or that I am lecturing. Harry Truman was given the nickname 'Give um Hell Harry'. When asked about it he said, "I just tell the truth and they think it's hell".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We don't know what they are going to be doing in detail...
Okay.

They're repaniting the facades. Pale greens for Grand Lofts, brown and greys for Spring Flower Market (with purple awning for Spring Flower Market, green and red for Garcia Sisters) and brickwork and cream for Angeling Alterations. The storage sheds and trash compactor behind will remain in the backstage space. And they're adding a curved awning on the south west corner.

Walls should start to come down in July all being well with a completion end of September.

Similarly, Muppetvision will be held in the Grand Theatre. Expect the brickwork to be more prominent with vertical banners either side of the re designed entrance marquee and canopy.

Good enough?

disneyC97

Thanks Martin! Always appreciate your info.

Assume the visible facade supports behind the remaining strip will be concealed in some way?

YodaMan

Thanks for always sharing whatever you're able to. Any idea on the fate of the Writer's Stop building or is that still up in the air? Will it be absorbed in the new transitional facade left over from SOA? Will Sci Fi find a use for it? Will It return to some kind of store? It's such a random little space.

Kman101

You and the rest can talk about anything you want, I am not saying don't do it, I'm saying that, in my mind, it is just hot air. We don't know what they are going to be doing in detail, we are discussing the same thing as talking about the existence of the planet Hogwash, which doesn't exist, and I am expressing my concern about reading about stuff that is nothing more then air particles. I what to see what is happening with the area, not what an armchair imagineer THINKS is happening. I and other have to wade through post after post of nonsense just to try and determine what is legit and what is BS. I think on a discussion board I should be able to express my frustrations without being told to stay away or that I am lecturing. Harry Truman was given the nickname 'Give um Hell Harry'. When asked about it he said, "I just tell the truth and they think it's hell".

It's not about telling you what you can and cannot say. You just come off as frustrated so I suggested not saying anything. Sorry to get you riled up again. Yes, you can post about whatever you want, but so can the rest of us. Carry on then.

hrt16

From @bioreconstruct
C85_C9lXcAAO4fX.jpg-large.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom