Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

elchippo

Original Poster
For those of us not on the ground locally, can we have this thread be a place for Streets of America Demo Watch? Pics and updates of what's happened and such? I know it might fall under the SW Land thread, but that is WAY too big for this specific thing I'd like to (sadly) keep an eye on. Curious to see how its demo affects things like Muppet Courtyard, Sci-Fi, Writers Stop area and other stuff surrounding it.

Or if there already is such a thread, point me to it? Thank you!

clemmo

Didn't see much on Saturday except for a pile of rubble where the theater was and the backside of the town hall was coming down. The facades still look to be intact

Ripken10

For those of us not on the ground locally, can we have this thread be a place for Streets of America Demo Watch? Pics and updates of what's happened and such? I know it might fall under the SW Land thread, but that is WAY too big for this specific thing I'd like to (sadly) keep an eye on. Curious to see how its demo affects things like Muppet Courtyard, Sci-Fi, Writers Stop area and other stuff surrounding it.

Yes, agreed, the other threads have way too much other stuff to shift through. Glad this suggestion was put in. Many people don't have time to hear people argue the same things over and over again. A thread just about Streets of America is much appreciated.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Based on the aerials that the site which cannot be named posted last week, here is the demo that has currently been completed in that area.

upload_2016-6-27_12-44-32.png

elchippo

Original Poster
Based on the aerials that the site which cannot be named posted last week, here is the demo that has currently been completed in that area.

View attachment 148428
Looks like its been LMA stuff and Premiere Theatre then? Interesting! Every time I look at these aerial views I start to realize I still have no concept of what the intended end product will look like (but it's probably still changing daily, am I right?)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like its been LMA stuff and Premiere Theatre then? Interesting! Every time I look at these aerial views I start to realize I still have no concept of what the intended end product will look like (but it's probably still changing daily, am I right?)

No, not really, the location of things is pretty well locked down now. You can find drawings the TSL and SWL threads that shows where things are going.

jensenrick

If only it was coming down. (sigh)

aidancar

While visiting Hollywood Studios this morning, I noticed that the former "Joffrey's Coffee Stand" has been reduced to a pile of rubble and they have also started to remove some other building in the back (cars meet and greet?) along with all the shrubbery that was once in front of that building in large pots.
IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg

shortstop

While visiting Hollywood Studios this morning, I noticed that the former "Joffrey's Coffee Stand" has been reduced to a pile of rubble and they have also started to remove some other building in the back (cars meet and greet?) along with all the shrubbery that was once in front of that building in large pots.
I wonder if that poor snowman knows he's about to bite the dust :(

deere839

I don't think we will see all of soa demolished just the portion with the honey shrunk the kids section and the rest of the back half the front half will server as a pathway to get to star wars land and will reopen

Variable

IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg

Loaders and hoes! Oh my!
(Two of my favorite things)

Really jealous of the DL vantage point. Going to have great views there for a long time.

ToTBellHop

IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg
Moving at break-neck speed, I see.

Goofyernmost

As of the first week of June there was no reported demolition, so a month and a half at the most.
I suppose that there is a school of thought were some people would claim that as soon as they closed the show, demolition started even if it was invisible. We are all pretty liberal where our construction/destruction time tables are concerned. Whatever fits our particular levels of love/hatred for the Disney process. Facts never get in the way!

HiYa Pal

I suppose that there is a school of thought were some people would claim that as soon as they closed the show, demolition started even if it was invisible. We are all pretty liberal where our construction/destruction time tables are concerned. Whatever fits our particular levels of love/hatred for the Disney process. Facts never get in the way!

I'm curious how long the archives have on a demo project to save whatever is going to be saved. With a lot of authentic props throughout that area, I'd assume it's probably very tedious having to separate the real stuff from the reproduced items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom