'Strange World' Disney's 2022 Animated Film

NateD1226

Original Poster
"The 61st film in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon has a tentative title of Searcher Clade. This information comes following several trademarks filed by the Walt Disney Company in recent days, including this title. Other trademarks filed include the character names of Ethan Clade, Meridian Clade, and Captain Calypso Kahn. As Ethan was previously revealed to be the main character in the film, it can only be assumed he is the titular “Searcher Clade”

Ethan Clade is a Bi-racial (Caucasian/African-American) 14-year old. The studio is looking for voiceover talent 18 and older to play the role. According to the logline, Ethan “sounds very typical as far as teenagers go. Playful and quick-witted, but can also retreat. He can be a wise-, but he isn’t particularly tough. The actor VOICING him should be FUNNY, LIKABLE, & SOUND LIKE A 14 YR OLD, but also possess the ability to quickly turn inward and show us a SOFT EMOTIONAL SIDE.”

The movie is directed by Don Hall (Director of Winnie the Pooh, Raya and the Last Dragon, & Big Hero 6) with writer Qui Nguyen (Raya and the Last Dragon) writing the film. The release date is currently set for November 23, 2022.

Jedijax719

18 and older but sound like a 14 year old????

I was hoping for them to make the movie "Sade" about an African princess that had been rumored. Or something relating to India. But, eh, I will give it a shot of course.

Squidney

18 and older but sound like a 14 year old????

I was hoping for them to make the movie "Sade" about an African princess that had been rumored. Or something relating to India. But, eh, I will give it a shot of course.

I think they mean can have the voice of a 14 year old. Bart Simpson is voiced by an older woman for crying out loud.

tcool123

Teaser trailer released -

Wow I’m not going to lie this looks kinda amazing? I’m really digging the animation, the trailer’s vibe, the scifi b film trailer vibes, the art direction, and honesty I could see this “working” in Tomorrowland. Hopefully audiences receive this well as it reminds me of Atlantis and Treasure Planet both of which are well known flops albeit great adventures.

Ghost93

I'm getting heavy Atlantis: the Lost Empire vibes. Hopefully, if the movie is good, this one will be more warmly received by the general public.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Wow I’m not going to lie this looks kinda amazing? I’m really digging the animation, the trailer’s vibe, the scifi b film trailer vibes, the art direction, and honesty I could see this “working” in Tomorrowland. Hopefully audiences receive this well as it reminds me of Atlantis and Treasure Planet both of which are well known flops albeit great adventures.
The art direction is killer. Feels like the perfect mashup of moody PIXAR scapes and expressive Sony Animation character designs. Hotel Transylvania, Mitchells vs. the Machines vibes which isn't a bad thing. A worthy popcorn flick. Can't wait. The trailer got me hyped.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It'd definitely work in Tomorrowland. The plot currently occupied by the car-shaped lawn mowers... What better area for a dark ride "Voyage of a Strange World" attraction that asthetically bridges the whimsical Fantasyland and Sci-fi Tomorrowland? The only potential caveat would be the TRON coaster but even that could be forgiven given it's bubbly, organic-like canopy (and seamlessly integrated nighttime lighting) Dang! I need this movie to work. Tomorrowland needs this movie to work.

NateD1226

Original Poster
More details from Annecy...

"Dennis Quaid, Lucy Liu, Gabrielle Union and Jaboukie Young-White have joined the key voice cast of “Strange World,” the upcoming adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and scheduled to be released on Nov. 23.

Directed by “Big Hero 6” helmer Don Hall, rolling off the success of “Raya and the Last Dragon,” and written and co-directed by Qui Nguyen, who co-wrote “Raya,” “Strange World” follows three generations of the Clade family, legendary explorers, who arrive at a dazzling land full of mysterious phenomena – shoals of flying fish, walking rock columns, and octupus-looking monsters, a recent trailer suggests.

Narrated in a retro visual style of ‘50s sci-fi B movies, “Strange World” will have granddad Jaeger Clade voiced by Quaid. Young-White voices the grandson, Ethan. Union voices Meridian, who is married to son Searcher, played as already announced by Jake Gyllenhaal. Liu is Callisto Mal, head of Avolonea, the magical setting to the film.

Inspired by Edgar Rice Burrows and Jules Verne, the movie incorporates other non-speaking characters, such as a three-legged dog, Legend, and a gelatinous blue blob , Splay, whom they meet on their adventure."

Description of the scenes:

"Walt Disney screens three sequences of “Strange World.” In the first, Ethan seems to have a same-sex flirtation in a field with heartthrob Diazo, the flirtation being interrupted by Searcher whose very accepting reaction embarrass Ethan.

The second sequence unveil at Annecy was an action scene as the whole family explores a cavern in a lime green looking submarine which is attacked by a creature which resembles origami fuchsia stingrays.

The attack ends with the family separated, Searcher and his dog stranded in a strange new world while Ethan and mom stay on the ship.

In sequence three, Searcher and the dog explore new surroundings, the crazy landscape looking like a coral refer painted bright pink.

Meeting Splat, they get attacked by a Cthulhu-looking beast, only to be rescued by a bearded old hunter who takes off his hood. “Dad?!!” Searcher exclaims."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom