Strange Night Times This Week AT MK??????

jrhwdw

Original Poster
I was looking at wdwent.com as I do every week, and saw strange times for MK's Nighttime Spectaculars:
Wishes at 9,
Only one CTM at 9:30
Only one MSEP at 10:00.
All Week
Anyone know what's up?

Biff215

They always wait to extend hours until closer to a month or less before based in crowd patterns, so all they probably did was not extend the hours like they normally do being crowds were a lot less than past years at this time. :)
True, but I thought Wishes was pretty much standard at 10:00 this time of year, no?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
True, but I thought Wishes was pretty much standard at 10:00 this time of year, no?

It really varies by park closing time but they also are probably not trying to have all three firework displays (HS, Epcot, and MK) happen at same time. Maybe that's why also? :)

Biff215

It really varies by park closing time but they also are probably not trying to have all three firework displays (HS, Epcot, and MK) happen at same time. Maybe that's why also? :)
There must be some reason they scheduled them for 9:00 all week, even with a 10:00 close. Wishes returns to 10:00 for pretty much the rest of the summer after this. I'm only seeing one MSEP a night, typically at 9:00, although that seems normal to add a performance if park hours get extended.

Works out for me as I have an 8:05 reservation at Ohana on Saturday... ;)

wogwog

If you are visiting MK next week 7/13 through 7/22 you might want to know of entertainment changes those days only. The Dance Party at the castle or MISIDAPI will only perform at 5:45 and 7:00 PM. Wishes at 9 and only one Electrical Parade at 10. FoF remains at 3:00. A MK Mgr or GEM losing money to me in my Friday poker game informed us. I never visit the swamp in the summer so don't care, but if you are visiting you may care. The reason given is because of more of the never ending Main Street repair. So park closing until 3 PM gives more time for the concrete to dry.

bethymouse

Nothing to do with entertainment. Simply a lot of wet concrete needing time to dry. The "normal" schedule for this time of year returns starting Saturday.
I did not know that. Interesting. I can't imagine how long it takes for that stuff to dry in that heat and humidity!:eek:

PhotoDave219

I was looking at wdwent.com as I do every week, and saw strange times for MK's Nighttime Spectaculars:
Wishes at 9,
Only one CTM at 9:30
Only one MSEP at 10:00.
All Week
Anyone know what's up?

The same thing we've been saying all summer: Attendance is down.

Does having the parade after fireworks reduce the crowds any? I feel like that would make things worse since you hav people lining up to watch while having hoards of people exiting

Yes. While a good deal of people still show up, it's significantly less than when Magic Kingdom does MSEP at 9:00 and 11:00 with 10:00 Wishes in between (the 11:00 show is always a ghost town, but 9:00 is usually packed). I think, more than anything, Guests want to see the fireworks, and MSEP is kinda just something to hold them over until Wishes starts. A lot of Guests that I've spoken with really don't care for MSEP at this point.

Karenb64

This same flip flopped schedule is going on in September and I'm wondering if back in July when they did this, if guests were still staking out their spots early on Main Street and around the Hub since the parade doesn't happen till the end. Since guests normally fill in the streets to watch CTM and Wishes are they still doing that and if so, do they all have to head over to Frontierland to watch the parade? I'm so confused how this works when the only parade is after the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom