Storybook Dining & Kids

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Hi everyone, our trip is booked for January which means ADRs will be coming up in July :cool: I am doing a rough draft of our days just to see where we'll be and where we might like to eat.
If the discounts are the same as previous years, we will be taking advantage of Play Stay Dine and doing a TS each day. So I will be booking one per day. However, if Play Stay Dine is not offered, I will likely only keep 4 or 5 and cancel the rest.
I am on the fence in regards to Storybook Dining so I'm hoping for some opinions, specifically in regards to kids. I think the adult menu looks amazing and if it were just my husband and I, I'd book it without question. However, my kids are on the picky side. Looking at the current menu, the only thing they would eat is the pasta. My first question- if you are on the dining plan, do you still get the appetizers with your meal? I googled some pictures and for kids, I'm seeing a platter with fruit and veggies, a cheese stick, and a roll. If you have 2 kids, do they each get a cheese stick and roll? I just want to make sure they are getting something to eat other than the pasta.
My last question, how easy (or hard) is it to travel back and forth to WL relying solely on Disney transportation? We would likely start the day at MK, take the boat to WL (assuming that's the best choice), take the boat back to MK, then bus it back to our hotel. Is that too much of a hassle with kids? Were is the boat launch in relation to the restaurant? We are not interested in paying extra for Minnie Vans and my kids still use car seats so Uber is out.
Thanks for any help!

Zé_Carioca

From what I understand, since it is a Prix Fixe menu, you get apps, entree and dessert, even on the DDP. I just forget how many credits Storybook is, I think it is one.
From what I understand, even if it is a shared platter they are arranged with enough for the number of people, so yes they would each get their own cheese sticks and rolls, they are just a smaller sampling size.

As for the boat, they are very reliable and usually have a short wait. I do think it is your best option to get from MK to WL. Also the dock is not that far from Artist Point, see the map for reference.

Attachments

• InkedGeyser-Point-Bar-and-Grill_Full_29630_LI.jpg
    InkedGeyser-Point-Bar-and-Grill_Full_29630_LI.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 106

Hcalvert

Storybook is one TS credit. We are going July 13 and there will be 5 kids total in our two parties. The adults get all the appetizers each (one small serving of each, except the kids' one) and I believe the kids only get the kids app. I am hearing that you can request chicken fingers (off menu) if they don't like anything on the kid's entree menu. Everyone gets a serving of each of the desserts. All of this is covered by the dining plan. Depending where we are before dinner, we are can take a bus to MK and then the boat to WL or take a boat to DS and then a bus to WL. My husband, son, and I have APs, so we are going from WL to HWS to catch some FPs for SDD, ToT, and Star Tours late in the evening, so we are going to catch a bus at WL to HWS afterwards. My brother and his family are going to have to take the boat back to MK and catch the resort bus back to POR.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
From what I understand, since it is a Prix Fixe menu, you get apps, entree and dessert, even on the DDP. I just forget how many credits Storybook is, I think it is one.
From what I understand, even if it is a shared platter they are arranged with enough for the number of people, so yes they would each get their own cheese sticks and rolls, they are just a smaller sampling size.

As for the boat, they are very reliable and usually have a short wait. I do think it is your best option to get from MK to WL. Also the dock is not that far from Artist Point, see the map for reference.
Storybook is one TS credit. We are going July 13 and there will be 5 kids total in our two parties. The adults get all the appetizers each (one small serving of each, except the kids' one) and I believe the kids only get the kids app. I am hearing that you can request chicken fingers (off menu) if they don't like anything on the kid's entree menu. Everyone gets a serving of each of the desserts. All of this is covered by the dining plan. Depending where we are before dinner, we are can take a bus to MK and then the boat to WL or take a boat to DS and then a bus to WL. My husband, son, and I have APs, so we are going from WL to HWS to catch some FPs for SDD, ToT, and Star Tours late in the evening, so we are going to catch a bus at WL to HWS afterwards. My brother and his family are going to have to take the boat back to MK and catch the resort bus back to POR.

Thank you both!! I read a review yesterday and the family had kids who requested more rolls. So I’m hoping if they bring the kids appetizer plate, and there is only one of each item, we can ask for more. I just want to make sure my kids eat something, even if it is a roll and a cheese stick 😄 And that’s good to know about the chicken fingers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom