Stormalong bay - guests

sarah5848

Original Poster
I know pool hopping is not allowed but im curious if sitting in the pool area and not swimming is considered pool hopping. My mom lives in the area and would be staying off site but would like to visit and watch the grandkids swim while we take our afternoon break from the park. Would she be allowed near enough to the pool to sit and chat with me and watch the kids swim?

Nemo14

I know that you used to be able to get a day pass for guests, but I'm not sure if they still do that. Your best bet is to ask at the desk when you check in.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I know pool hopping is not allowed but im curious if sitting in the pool area and not swimming is considered pool hopping. My mom lives in the area and would be staying off site but would like to visit and watch the grandkids swim while we take our afternoon break from the park. Would she be allowed near enough to the pool to sit and chat with me and watch the kids swim?

Chances are no. This is the one pool they really do scan everyone’s bands to enter, and will make you go back to your room to collect one even if it’s a 5 year old.

That said, you could ask at the front desk if you can add her as a day guest.

However there are two quiet pools you could use and no one would mind in the slightest.

daisyduckie

Odds are no. They do check for wrist bands to just sit near the pool. And they have no way of knowing who is just sitting and who would hop in. You can ask at the time your family goes to swim, but there is no way of knowing ahead of time what they will tell you.

CLEtoWDW

It’s worth a shot...since you are a guest at the Y&B Club they may allow your guest to come in. We have stayed there many times and I remember in the past the CM only scanning one of our Magic Bands to ensure we were guests of the resort.

Notes from Neverland

There are a few chairs (rocking chairs, if memory serves) just outside the pool area. They're on the walkway that's right up against the building. That could be an option as it looks right into the pool area.

disneyfireman

I would always try. You never know. There is always exceptions to any policy. I have found that to be true almost every trip to the world

aliceismad

Could you add your mom to the reservation for a night, even though she's not staying? I've not done it, but I've heard of other people doing it for family/friends who were only staying for a night or two. I believe there is a small fee associated with it.

sarah5848

Original Poster
Could you add your mom to the reservation for a night, even though she's not staying? I've not done it, but I've heard of other people doing it for family/friends who were only staying for a night or two. I believe there is a small fee associated with it.

I dont think so because we are a family of 5 (not including her). We tried to find a larger room available that accommodates 6 but they're all full.

slappy magoo

I'd hate to be wrong but this might be one of those situations where doing the legwork now might save you some grief later. Give the hotel a call direct, have your reservation # handy and ask what the policy is regarding day guests. They might be able to note it on your reservation now, and the fact that you're alerting them now versus trying to just bully your way towards making it happen once you're there could be the trick you need to make it happen. At the very least try to note it on the day you arrive. Because this is one of the most patrolled pools on property, I'm sure people are always trying to sneak in friends or family who are locals or who are staying at a different resort. This might be a good way to test to see if honesty is still the best policy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom