Stories of the 999 happy haunts

Jekyll

Original Poster
Ok we all know the story of Master Gracey and his ill fated wife but what of the other 997 happy haunts that reside in our beloved mansion. I want to hear some of the stories you have heard about the great mansion.....

FanofDinsey1981

well, this is the story I heard..... though it is about master gracy...

he was set to marry his...5th wife...I think....and they were playing hide and go seek. Well, the silly bride to be went up to the attic and got into a box, which then closed and locked. she died (she is the one in the wedding dress with the beating heart), and Master Gracy then found her too late. He then hung himself (the one in the tower swaying at the very beginning). Somehow, there was a sorcer type lady (the crystal ball chick) that fits into all this. I think she was in love with gracy and put a spell on the upcoming marriage. She had a little sidekick too, as you are getting off the ride, she is up on a perch talking to us.

I got all of this off of doombuggies.com a long time ago.

most of the ghosts are on there too, all made up stories by the cast.

my favorite part is out side of the ride. When he hung himself, he tossed out her wedding (or engagement) ring out the window. As you leave, look for a little ring in the pavement. I was obsessed with finding it for about 6 years, but every time we went was at night!

what are some other stories anyone knows? or fix mine, I don't know if I got it exactly right..

FanofDinsey1981

I will post some stuff off of doombuggies....

"As for the biographies, here's the basic story: Master Gracy had the Mansion built on a hillside for he and his bride (the one in the attic). Madame Leota was a medium who wanted Gracy badly, but he loved his bride more. Leota cursed the house and Gracy. They didn't die right away. There were quite a few other things that happened before Gracy and Leota died. I don't remember the exact way she died, whether she was murdered or not, but her body was pulled from the river, having shruken to the size of a doll (which is our explanation for Little Leota). The Mansion was cursed so everyone generally met nasty ends, and the spirits tended to stay there. The raven was Leota's pet. There is no apparent record of its actual death. Maybe it was never alive.

"I wrote stories for the lady having the birthday party in the ballroom and one of the portraits in the stretch room. But we often gave ideas to the other CM's to help them out. We also tried to keep events logical and interrelated... The lady at the party (I don't remember her name) loved to throw parties. She was always happy-go-lucky and liked everyone. But Leota didn't like her because the parties always interrupted her seances. One night Leota became so mad that she went to the lady and made a prediction that she would die on the same night, 13 years in the future (the 13 candles on the cake). Of course she did die 13 years later, but passing away peacefully in her sleep. Yet the parties still continue...

FanofDinsey1981

here is another theory...

There are some that say Master Gracey, the supposed owner of the Haunted Mansion, murdered his young bride on the eve of their wedding, after catching her in the attic with a young man, whom he also killed viciously by decapitating him with an old sword; Gracey never had the chance to find out that the young man was merely a runner from the bridal shop, bringing a last-minute collection of veils and hats for the young bride to sample...

Still others claim that Gracey's young bride lost her sanity, and killed herself by leaping off of the top of the old mansion on her wedding day, still wearing her gown, causing Gracey, in a fit of despair, to hang himself from the rafters of his home. It's even been said that Gracey may have killed his bride in the attic after a fit of unsubstantiated jealous rage, and then buried her in a brick column out in the family graveyard after throwing her wedding ring out the attic window in disgust.

Jekyll

Original Poster
I was told that the "Ring" was once a Pole in the ground from a old Cue line...I don't know if that's true or the ring was [ut there by our friends the imagineers

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Jekyll
I was told that the "Ring" was once a Pole in the ground from a old Cue line...I don't know if that's true or the ring was [ut there by our friends the imagineers

it could be, but I like to think otherwise. ;)

let's see what else I can find....

FanofDinsey1981

I can't seem to find the link that has all the stories made up by CM's about the attraction. I think the webisght that i am looking for is currently under construction. but once I find them, I will post them. :)

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by MKCustodial
To me, this is the best HM site. It was created by the CMs who work and worked there and who have contributed with the alleged book they keep at the HM with all the stories.

http://members.aol.com/htdmsn/gallery.html

Wonderful site this is. Very nice how all the stories inter-relate to give each ghost a reason for being at the mansion. And after reading them, you'll see that the mansion has a more gothic horror feel to it...something not totally "Disney".

We can only hope and pray that the HM movie takes some of its story cues from this site. :drevil:

Tot Fan

OMG!

Originally posted by MKCustodial
To me, this is the best HM site. It was created by the CMs who work and worked there and who have contributed with the alleged book they keep at the HM with all the stories.

http://members.aol.com/htdmsn/gallery.html

Rodrigo, do you seriously work at WDW? I think I saw you there. I remember seeing someone from Rio de Janiero and the first letter of their name starting with an R. Wow, how exciting.:)

Sorry, I'm way off subject.

Continue.......

MKCustodial

Re: OMG!

Originally posted by Tot Fan

Rodrigo, do you seriously work at WDW? I think I saw you there. I remember seeing someone from Rio de Janiero and the first letter of their name starting with an R. Wow, how exciting.:)

Sorry, I'm way off subject.

Continue.......

Actually, I worked. From December 99 to February 2000, as a Custodial in Frontierland and, sometimes, Adventureland. Here's a pic...

MKCustodial

Originally posted by TravisM
Is that picture from traditions?

Yeah! :D

Attachments

• roddy 6.jpg
    roddy 6.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 49

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom