STOLPort Expansion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The northern part of the old STOLPort has been used for office trailers for some time now. A permit was filed today to further expand the trailer complex there. This will add two new 12-wide trailers and a dozen smaller ones along with associated parking.

1544463554051.png

1544463656002.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The northern part of the old STOLPort has been used for office trailers for some time now. A permit was filed today to further expand the trailer complex there. This will add two new 12-wide trailers and a dozen smaller ones along with associated parking.

View attachment 332418

View attachment 332419
Maybe that's the core for Disney's Trailer Park Resort, a new concept in budget vacation planning?

msteel

What do the current trailers support?

Is this close enough to Ft. Wilderness that it would serve the new DVC construction there?
Or would it be related to construction at the TTC (There is at least a new toll booth coming, right)?

peter11435

Is this close enough to Ft. Wilderness that it would serve the new DVC construction there?
Or would it be related to construction at the TTC (There is at least a new toll booth coming, right)?
There will be a lot of changes coming to the TTC in the next couple years. I don’t believe a new auto plaza is in the scope.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

My first guess would be for all the construction going on all over property.

Most commercial and even some residential construction will often have a trailer to act as a sort of mobile office for the project.

msteel

My first guess would be for all the construction going on all over property.

Most commercial and even some residential construction will often have a trailer to act as a sort of mobile office for the project.
Sorry - I wasn't specific. I understood they were for construction but wasn't sure how close trailers need to be (or typically are) to the project they serve - hence the question was supposed to mean "What [construction projects] do the current trailers support?"

So, in your opinion they could serve pretty much anywhere on property?

msteel

There will be a lot of changes coming to the TTC in the next couple years. I don’t believe a new auto plaza is in the scope.

I thought I had remembered this diagram here showing a new auto plaza on the old speedway land. But after another look I see that it does not. Thanks for setting me straight.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry - I wasn't specific. I understood they were for construction but wasn't sure how close trailers need to be (or typically are) to the project they serve - hence the question was supposed to mean "What [construction projects] do the current trailers support?"

So, in your opinion they could serve pretty much anywhere on property?
Yes. Having the trailer on site is nice, but not necessary. It is typically done that way because it is the only option.

In this particular instance they can build a rather nice, but temporary construction park that can service all the projects going on from a central location. Trailers can be removed or reallocated as projects wrap up or new ones come along.

Liberty6

The trailers in the STOLport house the Imagineering project teams more specifically for the WDW property while the main Imagineering office behind Test Track at EPCOT houses the region teams which includes WDW but also DCL and DLP. They had to reconfigure some of the backstage offices at Epcot which included building a new building in the former parking lot of Imagineering building limiting the parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom