Stolen Music in Disney Movies

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ever hear a song on the radio and instantly recognized a connection to a famous Pixar or Disney movie? I recently had this happen and proceeded to "Shazam" it. Sure enough the song bears a resemblance to the original artists song when played side by side. I've noted this on other occasions as well. What's up with that? Is it a blatant rip or a case of "there's bound to be similarities." It's not unheard of for Disney or Disney by proxy to have a key part of a song "borrowed" and then have to later settle out of court with the original artist(s) Ex. Raymond Scott's Powerhouse + Nino Rota's Amarcord = James Horner's Honey, I Shrunk the Kids*

I've since recognized bits of Pixar's "Up" in a country tune from the late 1960s. Still searching for the song. I'll upload it once I find it. There's a pretty strong riff being used in Pixar's Parisian-influenced "Ratatouille" that sounds just like the Young Rascal's "How Can I Be Sure"

Have you noticed any seemingly stolen sounds?

Last edited:

SosoDude

I noticed a similar song in "Those Calloways" when it ran on the TCM Disney Vault last fall. The main theme has a part in it that sounds almost identical to the start of "When You Wish Upon A Star".

Pretty good movie, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom