Stock market investing

draybook

Original Poster
Does anyone here dabble in stocks? I'm talking pocket change stocks, not big boy stuff. I'm looking to drop around $100 in some small stocks for long term gains. I'm thinking that cannabis companies might be a good option, given the legalization and growing market. Any tips?

Goofyernmost

Does anyone here dabble in stocks? I'm talking pocket change stocks, not big boy stuff. I'm looking to drop around $100 in some small stocks for long term gains. I'm thinking that cannabis companies might be a good option, given the legalization and growing market. Any tips?
I'd bet there is a lot of money being spent on cannabis. However, most of it just goes up in smoke.

Club Cooloholic

I started a Stock Chatter thread in the politics section not knowing where to put it, but this seems a better spot! I would look to see if there are any companies that have not yet rebounded from the COVID drop, see where they are now and where they were right before it all dropped and you can hope they reach it again. Otherwise if you want some shoot the moon stuff, I don't know much about the cannabis stocks(they seem to have already taken off) but Frontier Communications used be 80 bucks a while back now they are 50 cents or less because they had tons of problems and headed to bankruptcy, I believe they may make a comeback as they look to get out of bankruptcy. They went from 10 cents to 50 cents in about 3 days last week, so see if they dip again or buy. Heck 20 bucks will get you in the game with that stock.

draybook

Original Poster
I started a Stock Chatter thread in the politics section not knowing where to put it, but this seems a better spot! I would look to see if there are any companies that have not yet rebounded from the COVID drop, see where they are now and where they were right before it all dropped and you can hope they reach it again. Otherwise if you want some shoot the moon stuff, I don't know much about the cannabis stocks(they seem to have already taken off) but Frontier Communications used be 80 bucks a while back now they are 50 cents or less because they had tons of problems and headed to bankruptcy, I believe they may make a comeback as they look to get out of bankruptcy. They went from 10 cents to 50 cents in about 3 days last week, so see if they dip again or buy. Heck 20 bucks will get you in the game with that stock.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, bud!

macefamily

There's a few bucks to be made short term if you want to put some skin in the game. Otherwise, I think with the pending regulations and corporate tax increases it's a situation you don't want to sink much cash into in the next two years. DOW will sink to 22-24k by 2023. Growth opportunities will be swallowed up by government dictated, tax funded programs.

Club Cooloholic

There's a few bucks to be made short term if you want to put some skin in the game. Otherwise, I think with the pending regulations and corporate tax increases it's a situation you don't want to sink much cash into in the next two years. DOW will sink to 22-24k by 2023. Growth opportunities will be swallowed up by government dictated, tax funded programs.
This kind of talk will push this to the political section, he is looking for stock advice. Did you pull all your money out of the market?

FutureCEO

Buy Gamestop. Actually don't the price is way too high and they will be a lot of people hurt when the price comes back down to earth. Of course, there is a chance to prices doesn't come back down to earth.

Goofyernmost

Depends on how close minded one is to different scenario's. Some of those implied evil tax funded programs might actually increase consumer spending to the point that the market stabilizes and becomes normal again (if anyone can remember what normal was). The thought that helping less fortunate then ourselves would be bad for the economy is like saying rain is a bad way to end a drought.

Club Cooloholic

Sold my bit in Frontier Communications today. They have a plan to extinguish the stock at the end of the quarter, so don't want to be holding it then IMO. Anyway now looking at something called INKW. Its a true penny stock so who knows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom