• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Stock Market Chatter

Lilofan

There should be no concern for those of us here since most have lots of investments. Afterall, the studies of those who go to regional themeparks are in the top 40% and those who go to Destination Parks are in the top 20%. Disney and Universal are for the rich and anyone here who thinks they are middleclass but take yearly vacations to either are trying to pretend they are not rich.
I agree but some of the wealthy that I am friends with think of WDW in an unfavorable light. They vacation with their kids in nearby and far away distant places in warm and cold climates ( beach, ski, eco tourism, hiking, , climbing, sailing , etc ) and think of Disney as an overrated amusement park and not an interesting place to vacation at. I still like vacationing at Disney as it is an escape from the real world.

The Mom

Premium Member
We be making some coin today, boys.
But it's all paper "wealth" which can disappear way too quickly. ;) I've found that the best way to survive financially is to not let let the market - or even a sudden rise in real income - determine how "rich" I feel. Always put something aside for a rainy day - and wait until it's an actual monsoon before you touch it!

Laketravis

But it's all paper "wealth" which can disappear way too quickly. ;) I've found that the best way to survive financially is to not let let the market - or even a sudden rise in real income - determine how "rich" I feel. Always put something aside for a rainy day - and wait until it's an actual monsoon before you touch it!

Oh, for sure. Many of the gains I'm seeing today are in funds I don't plan on cashing in for at least a decade. It's just nice to see extreme volatility work in our favor some days.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Im putting more eggs in the crypto basket. Not buying bitcoin, per say, but the miner companies, a little here and there hoping one hits big.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I think we will see an odd thing happen with the market, as the economy opens up and people get back to onsite jobs, and start vacationing etc., there will be less money being pumped into the market, and things are going to bleed for a bit. Right now a lot of people have been spending way less than usual, no movies, dinners out etc., that money has been gambling money for some, you have folks playing the market out of boredom, and some stock prices reflect that. There are still good plays, in certain sectors, but I would not want to be buying some of these that have hit all time high prices, it just doesn't make sense. I see a correction and would just say to anyone watching continue to hold but maybe have some liquid reserves to be able to invest at the dips, as it will go up again.

The Mom

Premium Member
This is not the Stock Market, per se, but another form of investing. Which can go south very, very quickly. Especially since a digital form has been added to a more traditional form where the buyer actually had physical possession of the items.

I have never been a "buy something because it might be profitable" sort of person, so this doesn't concern me. I bought a house because we needed someplace to live, not because I planned on making a profit when I sold it someday. I (or my children) most likely will get more than we paid for it almost 40 years ago. I have some gold, gems, etc but only because they are pretty. Again, if they make a profit someday all the better - but that wasn't the point in purchasing them. I'm sure we have some items that may be worth considerably more than we paid for them, while some have lost value because a younger generation do not want them.

But they were never part of our financial planning.

Nubs70

Premium Member
This is not the Stock Market, per se, but another form of investing. Which can go south very, very quickly. Especially since a digital form has been added to a more traditional form where the buyer actually had physical possession of the items.

I have never been a "buy something because it might be profitable" sort of person, so this doesn't concern me. I bought a house because we needed someplace to live, not because I planned on making a profit when I sold it someday. I (or my children) most likely will get more than we paid for it almost 40 years ago. I have some gold, gems, etc but only because they are pretty. Again, if they make a profit someday all the better - but that wasn't the point in purchasing them. I'm sure we have some items that may be worth considerably more than we paid for them, while some have lost value because a younger generation do not want them.

But they were never part of our financial planning.
There is also security problems with NFT's. Recently, people "invest" in an NFT then the NFT disappears.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just an fyi: I learned a new financial term today: reflation. I read a Bloomberg article. Toward the end of the article, it referenced both inflation and reflation, and how that may affect the stock market. (I had to look up the definition on Google.)

Here's the sentence from the Bloomberg article titled "S&P 500 Surges Past Record 4,000 on Growth Outlook: Markets Wrap" (but I couldn't get the link to post below), so I copied just the sentence:

“Before you worry about inflation, there’s reflation and I think that’s the main theme in the market,” said Ed Campbell, portfolio manager and managing director at QMA."

_CJ

Sold my AMC today for about a 30% short term profit. I had put my first order to buy back when it was $5 but I canceled it right before that Reddit junk happened. *facepalm* Anyway, I got in at $8. My rich friends tell me to just take my profits and move on... I want to be like them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom