• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Stock Market Chatter

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Exactly. And storing it, maintaining it, etc. Same with boats and jet skis. They get to be a hassle for many people after the first year or so. I've seen so many wakeboard boats show up at the marinas on a local lake during Covid, renting slips for $400 a month. That's on top of the $150K+ that they spent on the boat. Why did they do that? Because they couldn't go anywhere except the lake. Open things back up and wow, that's a lot of money we're spending on a boat.
The vacation home market is likely a similar thing.

Lilofan

The vacation home market is likely a similar thing.
That market is hot. My friend Peter lives in Maine. He works as a tour operator shuttling around tourists who have a second home in ME among his clients. According to Digital Third Coast in 2019 the ratings for vacation home buying placed ME #1, VT #2, NH #3.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
From this morning (someone must be reading this forum LOL):

Not surprising. Airlines didn't crater for any reason related to their business, but because of the pandemic. And revenues will continue to rise (while not looking like they did a little over a year ago right away) so this is just smart business. This is the reason why I 'like' AMC as a stock because theaters will see a significant rise in revenue as well probably in the 2H of 2021.

Nubs70

Not surprising. Airlines didn't crater for any reason related to their business, but because of the pandemic. And revenues will continue to rise (while not looking like they did a little over a year ago right away) so this is just smart business. This is the reason why I 'like' AMC as a stock because theaters will see a significant rise in revenue as well probably in the 2H of 2021.
Unlike airlines, I can have a better experience in my home theater which is getting better with direct to stream. I would think the upside of AMC is limited to some level below pre pandemic days.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Unlike airlines, I can have a better experience in my home theater which is getting better with direct to stream. I would think the upside of AMC is limited to some level below pre pandemic days.

In all honesty, I would prefer to see studios move to a model of releasing movies day and date for stream and in theaters. It's a better experience for me as well (and much easier on my pocket because depending on the movie I have to get a babysitter to go to the theaters). I have a theater around the corner from me and it's been absolutely packed in the evenings the last few weeks. I think we're going to find people will, for at least a while, want that experience again.

ImperfectPixie

In all honesty, I would prefer to see studios move to a model of releasing movies day and date for stream and in theaters. It's a better experience for me as well (and much easier on my pocket because depending on the movie I have to get a babysitter to go to the theaters). I have a theater around the corner from me and it's been absolutely packed in the evenings the last few weeks. I think we're going to find people will, for at least a while, want that experience again.
I think more will want to return to theaters than many think. I don't know many people who have (or want) a premium home theater set up. We'd rather stream movies more often than not, but for big releases, hubby and I still enjoy the theater experience.

Laketravis

Did you see GME today?? Opened at $44, went to $91 at close and up to $168 right now afterhours. Maybe I'll actually get my money back! I need it to hit $200 to break even haha

I did! It's bouncing all over the place. I think there are still plenty of people wanting to buy in "on the next rise" and periodically force some trading volume and higher price.

Nubs70

Rough day today...........10 year Treasury yield climbing.

It's coming. And boy, is it coming.
An infusion of cash greater than the 2001 Federal budget with no increase (or arguably decreased) in available amounts of goods and services, what could go wrong?

We are going to see a new category of flation. It won't be inflation, deflation, or stagflation but something else.

Lilofan

An infusion of cash greater than the 2001 Federal budget with no increase (or arguably decreased) in available amounts of goods and services, what could go wrong?

We are going to see a new category of flation. It won't be inflation, deflation, or stagflation but something else.
Something else is Biden takes credit for Covid vaccines doing their thing vaccinating most of America, pent up demand goes out in force bringing back from life support businesses that are struggling , more investor confidence in the markets with more cash infusions from billions sitting on the sidelines , economies come back roaring driving the bulls in the markets. There will always be naysayers in any group.

Nubs70

Something else is Biden takes credit for Covid vaccines doing their thing vaccinating most of America, pent up demand goes out in force bringing back from life support businesses that are struggling , more investor confidence in the markets with more cash infusions from billions sitting on the sidelines , economies come back roaring driving the bulls in the markets. There will always be naysayers in any group.
Increased supply of money without increased amount of goods?

We will now have an increased and more supply of money with a decreased amount of goods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom