STK no longer on Dining plan

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
As reported on other Disney sites,

STK is no longer on the Disney Dining Plan. I verfied this through the Disney website.

I am curious as to the reason, but suspect they were overwhelmed even though it was two credits.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I like Manny's in Hanes city, but every other location I've been to for Manny's has been outright HORRIBLE in service and quality.

I liked Winter Haven. Haven't been impressed with the Lake Buena Vista offerings. I'm not advocating for a Manny's at Disney, just saying I'd get as much value/quality as I would at STK.

stuart

I had a BBQ filet mignon at California grill that was always on the blogs as one of the best items at Disney world. I still brag to my wife about how good that steak was. Sadly it's no longer offered and I suspect it's due to the ddp.

That steak was amazing. I remember it dropped off the menu after they refurbished the place, and got served with corn and mash I think. A couple years or so ago, WDW1974 mentioned that the Grill was one of the places that re-did its menu due to a number of guests on DDP going and asking for steaks "without the funny sauce" and something else in its place.

bennyw01

I was highly surprised with the steak at Yak & Yeti.. was pretty damn good! I remember Yachtsman pre-DDP, those were the days, I never get DDP and will often just drive off property for steak etc.

Jon81uk

I had a BBQ filet mignon at California grill that was always on the blogs as one of the best items at Disney world. I still brag to my wife about how good that steak was. Sadly it's no longer offered and I suspect it's due to the ddp.

I had the filet with BBQ sauce back in 2010 and paid using DDP. But Cali Grill has a regularly changing seasonal menu, items come and go all the time. They always offer a filet, just the sauce and accompaniments keep changing. Currently it is with onions, steak sauce and mac-n-cheese, https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/california-grill/menus.htm
Yes, the dining plan has made some menus appeal to lowest common denominator and also made some places use lower quality ingredients, but some of those changes are also due to general cost-cutting. But at the signature places I don't think DDP has as much effect as the general cost-cutting and also many dishes regularly change at signature level restaurants anyway with the seasons.

Lilofan

There is an all you can eat meat fest, salads, desserts Argentina style place in Lake Buena Vista called "The Knife". A guy said it's incredible!

Last edited:

dreamfinder

It's a new year. Each new calendar year, some of the 3rd party locations drop off the list initially, but are added back on later. Apparently the contracts end on the calendar year, and some take longer to negotiate/sign new contracts than others.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel I get more bang from Texas Roadhouse. The quality is ways good. There are some that are less than meh though.
We had a Texas Roadhouse open up here in north Florida a little more than a year ago. It has basically replaced Outback as our go to place an inexpensive steak. The secret to a great steak there is to ask for it unseasoned as their seasoning just has way too much salt in it.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As reported on other Disney sites,

STK is no longer on the Disney Dining Plan. I verfied this through the Disney website.

I am curious as to the reason, but suspect they were overwhelmed even though it was two credits.
As mentioned above, very likely a temporary issue. Very few WDW restaurants are in a position to ignore the DDP volume.

Club Cooloholic

I was highly surprised with the steak at Yak & Yeti.. was pretty damn good! I remember Yachtsman pre-DDP, those were the days, I never get DDP and will often just drive off property for steak etc.
I like Yak and Yeti but have had inconsistencies with service and food in several visits

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom