STK no longer on Dining plan

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What is Mannys Chophouse? A local Florida steakhouse? How do they compare to Texas Roadhouse?
They are local to Central Florida. If I am not mistaken, the first one was in Haine's City which about halfway between WDW and Lakeland.

I would put them a little above places like Texas Roadhouse and Outback, but not as good as someplace like Morton's or Ruth's Chris.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Here is a good question. Does Disney require third party restaurants to participate on DDP to be on property?
No. Each third party restaurant negotiates DDP with Disney every year. As a result, there is invariably a period at the end of every year and occasionally seeping into the new year where the list of restaurants is in flux and folks are unsure whether a given restaurant will or won't accept credits.

For the most part, the restaurants that previously accepted DDP do again, but it's never guaranteed.

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
They are local to Central Florida. If I am not mistaken, the first one was in Haine's City which about halfway between WDW and Lakeland.

I would put them a little above places like Texas Roadhouse and Outback, but not as good as someplace like Morton's or Ruth's Chris.
Same type of pricing?

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
No. Each third party restaurant negotiates DDP with Disney every year. As a result, there is invariably a period at the end of every year and occasionally seeping into the new year where the list of restaurants is in flux and folks are unsure whether a given restaurant will or won't accept credits.

For the most part, the restaurants that previously accepted DDP do again, but it's never guaranteed.
It seems popular enough. Another question I have is, if they stay off the plan, could it be because they were always jam packed? Not that they wouldn't be even if they were off DDP.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It seems popular enough. Another question I have is, if they stay off the plan, could it be because they were always jam packed? Not that they wouldn't be even if they were off DDP.
The main reason I see for a restaurant to stay off of the DDP is to maintain control over their menu as the DDP makes to where a restaurant essentially has a price cap on their items. A one credit restaurant can't have something like a good quality fillet on the menu and remain profitable

Disstevefan1

What is Mannys Chophouse? A local Florida steakhouse? How do they compare to Texas Roadhouse?

Manny’s is a local chain with several locations in FL, The Kissimmee location being the closest to WDW. Manny’s is of a higher quality and better selection than Texas Roadhouse or Logan’s in my opinion, although I love the free peanuts in Texas Roadhouse and Logan’s 😊

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
As Texas Roadhouse...yes. Something like a NY strip and sides will be in the $20 range.
That is still pretty darn good.

The main reason I see for a restaurant to stay off of the DDP is to maintain control over their menu as the DDP makes to where a restaurant essentially has a price cap on their items. A one credit restaurant can't have something like a good quality fillet on the menu and remain profitable

Yes it surprised me they were on the DDP because they are a high end steakhouse.

Anyone have opinions of the Black Angus steakhouses?

Disneyhead'71

That is still pretty darn good.

Yes it surprised me they were on the DDP because they are a high end steakhouse.

Anyone have opinions of the Black Angus steakhouses?
There are 2 different Black Angus chains. Stuart Anderson's Black Angus Steakhouse is on par with Texas Roadhouse/Longhorn. But it is a western USA chain. The Black Angus chain found in Central Florida...not good. Barely batter than Golden Corral.

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
There are 2 different Black Angus chains. Stuart Anderson's Black Angus Steakhouse is on par with Texas Roadhouse/Longhorn. But it is a western USA chain. The Black Angus chain found in Central Florida...not good. Barely batter than Golden Corral.
Kinda was suspicious about it but have never been able to hit a Black Angus when I was down there.

phillip9698

I had the filet with BBQ sauce back in 2010 and paid using DDP. But Cali Grill has a regularly changing seasonal menu, items come and go all the time. They always offer a filet, just the sauce and accompaniments keep changing. Currently it is with onions, steak sauce and mac-n-cheese, https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/california-grill/menus.htm
Yes, the dining plan has made some menus appeal to lowest common denominator and also made some places use lower quality ingredients, but some of those changes are also due to general cost-cutting. But at the signature places I don't think DDP has as much effect as the general cost-cutting and also many dishes regularly change at signature level restaurants anyway with the seasons.

The last time I had it was fall 2011. I've been looking ever since then and once they removed it from the menu it has never come back. I thought it would make its way back into the rotation but it hasn't, for years. It's went from being a rather unique steak to just one of many you can get on property.

nickys

Premium Member
It's a new year. Each new calendar year, some of the 3rd party locations drop off the list initially, but are added back on later. Apparently the contracts end on the calendar year, and some take longer to negotiate/sign new contracts than others.
As mentioned above, very likely a temporary issue. Very few WDW restaurants are in a position to ignore the DDP volume.

This come up every year u TIL the lists are finalised.

But don’t the restaurants in question usually still accept the DDP, even though they might not be listed yet?

Whilst the report of STK was where they actually refused to accept it on Jan 1st, which seems to be a shift from the norm.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Manny’s is a local chain with several locations in FL, The Kissimmee location being the closest to WDW. Manny’s is of a higher quality and better selection than Texas Roadhouse or Logan’s in my opinion, although I love the free peanuts in Texas Roadhouse and Logan’s 😊

They just opened one on 535 in the old Joe's location 2 minutes outside the gate. Ate there last week. Let's just say....they're still working out a few kinks. Still....not bad.

Jedi Stitch

A lot of people think very little of the Dining Plan, and for many I can see it is not worth it to them. To me, I find front loading my trip cost makes the most sense. The fact that I can prepay, the flight, lodging, and food, makes it so I can basically leave my brain at the gate and just enjoy the park.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A lot of people think very little of the Dining Plan, and for many I can see it is not worth it to them. To me, I find front loading my trip cost makes the most sense. The fact that I can prepay, the flight, lodging, and food, makes it so I can basically leave my brain at the gate and just enjoy the park.
That is pretty much the most redeeming quality about the DDP, but there are other ways to do almost the same thing.

The biggest issue with the DDP being worth it is the cost vs. the value. This varies from family to family. If all you do is look at the cost of the plan and then compare it to the most expensive meals at a particular restaurant then the DDP will always come out ahead and look like a value. When you start to look at what you would actually order if you were paying cash at a restaurant, the savings quickly erode. The savings get even higher when you bring tipping at TS restaurants into the equation.

If you have done the math and the numbers are a bit iffy on the DDP, the best way I know to get around this is to simply take what you would spend on the DDP and put that amount on a Disney Gift card. This essentially prepays your meals just like the DDP and gives you the opportunity to save a little coin. Every time I have done this I end up a balance leftover on the card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom