Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Hmmm....

As a fan of Stitch, I don't understand why everyone hates Stitch as a character.

Everyone just started bashing him after SGE was built.

Maybe Disney will replace the attraction with a bridge so all of you can get over it.

SirGoofy

As a fan of Stitch, I don't understand why everyone hates Stitch as a character.

Maybe Disney will replace the attraction with a bridge so all of you can get over it.

It's not only that, it's the way he is shoved down out throats. He is on all the merch, he was on the monorail spiel, and they even tried to incorporate him into the Fab 5. He's a good character that they went way too overboard with.

Shere_Khan

Need I remind everyone of the movies that were coming out of Disney Animation at the time?

Tarzan Yeah!
Fantasia 2000:sohappy:
Dinosaur:shrug:
The Emperor's New Groove:shrug:
Atlantis: The Lost Empire:shrug:
Lilo and Stitch:ROFLOL:
Treasure Planet:shrug:
Brother Bear:shrug:
Home on the Range:hurl:
Chicken Little :cry:
Meet the Robinsons:sohappy:

Whatever! The Emperor's New Groove is freakin awesome!

Captain Chaos

I love the Stitch character too... But, he has been forced down our throats at every turn in Disney... Too much is never a good thing... Plus, his attraction was mediocre at best... The latest dance-a-thon was an epic failure... Stitch's time has come and gone..

imamouse

I can't remember where I read it, but the word "Stitchmas" was mentioned recently. Please let it be a cruel joke/rumor!

Thrill Seeker

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: So can we officially say this is the shortest lived Disney attraction ever?

I believe so, although Martin might prove us wrong there...

Personally, I'd like to see the stage be gotten rid of all together. Where is is located is very odd and it seems out of place. If it has to stay, then maybe a new show that ties Tomorrowland together would be good, then maybe once Space Mountain is done, a new Galaxy Theater can be built and the stage can go away for good.

TP2000

The sudden closure of this reminds me of the original HSM show that premiered at DCA and MK at the same time, this was MK's-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhzlHCqe87I

this was DCA's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF6SnGsgGaE

Maybe its just cursed soil in TL? :D hopefully what ever replaces it is good.

I forgot about that! Amazing the differences between the two coasts, isn't it? :lol:

Hopefully WDW can get the Disneyland folks to help them again and get a better show for that rather large stage they just built.

WishIwasThere

I love the Stitch character too... But, he has been forced down our throats at every turn in Disney... Too much is never a good thing... Plus, his attraction was mediocre at best... The latest dance-a-thon was an epic failure... Stitch's time has come and gone..

What I think is interesting is that only at WDW, ok Tokyo too now that he's invaded the Tiki room. But no shows or attractions at DL or DLP. I think they should share the burden.

With all these posts about Imagineering underbuilding parks. Look at the opening day line up for the original opening of DL...that was pretty pathetic when you look at the current list of attractions. Heck WDW MK line up today is pretty pathetic when you look at the list of current attractions at DL MK, and that park is 2/3 the size.

WishIwasThere

I can't remember where I read it, but the word "Stitchmas" was mentioned recently. Please let it be a cruel joke/rumor!

This "stitchmas" show was going to replace the night before Christmas show that used to be at the Galaxy theater during the MVMCP. Guess they can cross that off the list of shows and attractions for the MVMCP.

Jasonflz

I believe so, although Martin might prove us wrong there...

Personally, I'd like to see the stage be gotten rid of all together. Where is is located is very odd and it seems out of place. If it has to stay, then maybe a new show that ties Tomorrowland together would be good, then maybe once Space Mountain is done, a new Galaxy Theater can be built and the stage can go away for good.

Agreed! My biggest worry with this closing is that Disney will add seating and shade but will keep Stitch and the show will continue to fail. What is up with Disney's obsession with Stitch? He isn't even that interesting.

Jasonflz

This "stitchmas" show was going to replace the night before Christmas show that used to be at the Galaxy theater during the MVMCP. Guess they can cross that off the list of shows and attractions for the MVMCP.

They were planning for three Stitch shows in Tomorrowland?!?

jhastings74

From WFTV website today:

New Disney Attraction Closing After Short Run

Posted: 9:21 am EDT June 17, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Later this month, Disney will close one of its newest attractions at Magic Kingdom.
Stitch's Supersonic Adventure will close on June 27th.
So far, officials have not said why the interactive show that opened just last month will be closing.
There is no word yet on what, if anything, is planned to replace the attraction.
Copyright 2009 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link to article: http://www.wftv.com/news/19776589/detail.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom