Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Kman101

It’d never work.

Just wait. I'm sure Pixar will have a time travel movie with a plucky big eyed hero/heroine and we'd be all set.

I figured they'd dig their heels in with a replacement once they shoved the meet and greet in there. Amazing we're still nowhere near close to getting a replacement. Is it really that hard?

And not to mention Buzz has been showing his age for years now. Heaven forbid they replace it or give it a thorough refurb. Or refurb Space Mountain (and Monsters is in the wrong park and land). But hey, let's spend a ton of money on TRON and slap up paint. Land = fixed! (I'm being a bit snarky and hyperbolic, and I know they're still "working on Tomorrowland" but ... meh ... it will still be a mess if they don't address certain things I don't even think they see as problems ... I guess I'm getting impatient with their glacial pace)

What are we at, 3 years and counting for this thread? Feels like we've been waiting a lot longer than that, lol.

Kman101

This is the worlds most visited theme park. They have a large show building in one of the most iconic lands of said park. And so far we’ve gotten 1 redo that added a scary alien into an opening day theate, and another redo that put a non-scary alien in his place.

This is the same company that lets restaurants sit "seasonal" and we have had large buildings in Epcot go unused. Not to mention the odd closure of Rafiki's Planet Watch only for them to backtrack and say it will reopen ... like you said, the worlds most visit theme parks and they were allowed to coast for almost two decades with little investment. Now they're ... literally paying for it (in more ways than one! lol)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Timekeeper 2.0 would be nice! A hybrid of original show with new footage (randomized) paired with some Stitch harness effects. A time travel attraction in Tomorrowland. Makes too much sense!

And how great would it be of Disney to honor the late Robin Williams with a Timekeeper revival. They could even have a plaque somewhere inside detailing his MANY contributions to the Walt Disney company.

Last edited:

TheOrangeBird01

Just wait. I'm sure Pixar will have a time travel movie with a plucky big eyed hero/heroine and we'd be all set.

I figured they'd dig their heels in with a replacement once they shoved the meet and greet in there. Amazing we're still nowhere near close to getting a replacement. Is it really that hard?

And not to mention Buzz has been showing his age for years now. Heaven forbid they replace it or give it a thorough refurb. Or refurb Space Mountain (and Monsters is in the wrong park and land). But hey, let's spend a ton of money on TRON and slap up paint. Land = fixed! (I'm being a bit snarky and hyperbolic, and I know they're still "working on Tomorrowland" but ... meh ... it will still be a mess if they don't address certain things I don't even think they see as problems ... I guess I'm getting impatient with their glacial pace)

What are we at, 3 years and counting for this thread? Feels like we've been waiting a lot longer than that, lol.

I think Martin was referring to the line from Carousel of Progress lol (a time traveling ride).

imarc

And how great would it be of Disney to honor the late Robin Williams with a Timekeeper revival. They could even have a plaque somewhere of his MANY contributions to the Walt Disney company.

I feel like I remember reading that Williams limited what Disney could do with is likeness after his death. Unless Zelda or whoever has the rights to his likeness agrees, I think they'd have to find a new Timekeeper.

It'll also be a little sad when they redo Imagination since that means his image will probably come out of there too.

imarc

This is the worlds most visited theme park. They have a large show building in one of the most iconic lands of said park. And so far we’ve gotten 1 redo that added a scary alien into an opening day theate, and another redo that put a non-scary alien in his place.

Don't forget about the first redo that made it go to Mars after only 4 years.

Like I mentioned, it's been cursed since opening day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom