Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

celluloid

Raise your hand if you'd like to see all that some day. *raises hand* :) The 'Keys to the Kingdom' tour only gives you the slightest taste of what's down there...

There is a reason. The tomorrowland area is not show appropriate like the main South MK path you were on and smells like Epcot's Hall of sulfar farts. Literal trash compactors in the hallway. While the stage that can raise and lower is neat, the mechanics are behind doors. You saw the "best" parts.

Disney Maddux

Just did a little test by doing the Stitch M&G a couple times to see what’s being left...

I don’t know what their plan is. Many doors that go straight into the theaters left unlocked or wide open. When I went through the M&G exit that goes into Star Traders, there were no cast members watching the doors that go into the theater... And the door was unlocked.

So... Not exactly sure what their gameplan is.

Kman101

Just did a little test by doing the Stitch M&G a couple times to see what’s being left...

I don’t know what their plan is. Many doors that go straight into the theaters left unlocked or wide open. When I went through the M&G exit that goes into Star Traders, there were no cast members watching the doors that go into the theater... And the door was unlocked.

So... Not exactly sure what their gameplan is.

Doesn’t seem like they have a gameplan IMO lol. Kind of sad they still can’t commit to anything.

CoasterSnoop

I guess they're really putting a lot of faith into nobody caring, lol. Even by their standards today that's pretty messy, nobody watching an unlocked door that leads to a backstage area. Unless it's more common than I realize. Thanks for the update!

Cesar R M

I've taken keys to the Kingdom twice over the years and what you visit in the Utilidoors has changed dramatically over time. Currently you go down below Main Street USA and see some areas around there. You can view the tunnel toward Crystal palace including the AVAC tube for trash transport and depending on the guide you might see the one that heads toward Cinderella Castle.

When I took it the first time back in the 90's, you went down below Fantasyland and saw much, much more interesting areas. We came down a set of stairs right next to the DACS room you've likely seen on the behind the scenes TV shows. We went into the old costuming department and lockers (which I believe are moved to north service area now), saw the entrance to the Utilidoors behind Pinocchio Village House and viewed tunnel routes heading toward Tomorrowland, Cinderella Castle and Liberty Square. They also pointed out the fact that the only non-electric vehicle allowed in the Utilidoors was the armored car and they showed us the enclosed 'chute' it backed into on it's scheduled visits. At that time there was a cast member cafeteria right there near the entrance below Pinocchio's with costuming across the hall. While today isn't exactly boring for the big Disney Parks fan, they used to make much, much more interesting areas accessible for you to see.
I wonder why? the danger of phones and other recording devices? the workload is much much higher and there are more employees now?

TrainsOfDisney

Is a retro rocket to the moon / mars possible? Beyond that I’m not sure what they could do with that space, anything major would have to be practically beginning construction by now I would think.

I just figure with all the retro paint, it may have been a thought, since the theatres still have the same basic layout.

I am Timmy

Is a retro rocket to the moon / mars possible? Beyond that I’m not sure what they could do with that space, anything major would have to be practically beginning construction by now I would think.

I just figure with all the retro paint, it may have been a thought, since the theatres still have the same basic layout.
Psychedelic permanent dance party! Forget the obnoxious outdoor musical numbers. An indoor, year round, themed any-way-you-want and get-you-out-of-the rain good time party! With dancing! And characters! Then it would be optional to partake, instead of everyone in Tomorrowland having to hear the thumpin' no matter where you are. I'm sure this would eat at least 10 people an hour....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom