Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

DisneyDodo

I think Buzz could be an awesome ride if they would significantly improve the shooting aspect - right now it's almost impossible to tell what you're shooting at. Otherwise, I think the ride has a really cool feel, even if it is filled with cardboard cutouts.

I don't think there's anything really wrong with MILF (acronym aside). It's not a headliner, but it's a solid attraction and I don't really see any need for it to be replaced, though I would never object to an upgrade.

SGE is an embarrassment to WDW and needs to be replaced ASAP. The attraction appeals to no demographic - it's too scary for kids and too simple, childish, and unimaginative for adults. It's a miracle that it has lasted this long and I would really hope Disney's plans aren't for this to still be seasonal by the time the 50th rolls around...

njDizFan

For me, Tomorrowland is SM and the Wedway (maybe throw in Astro). Everything else is a thematic mess. That being said, I enjoy Monster Inc. and Buzz(even prefer it over TSMM) and love CoP. Aliens, monsters and go carts really do not belong in a land that showcases our visions of tomorrow. I'm also in the camp where CoP and iaSW should go into Epcot.

larandtra

I would have no issue if they moved COP to Epcot. Not sure how those logistics would work but Id be perfectly happy with that.
IASW, eh, doesnt really matter to me, but agreed that for me TL is Space Mtn, Astro, TTA and everything else can be redone and used more appropriately.

WDWTank

Imagine an attraction where some random character from the Disney-owned IPs would pop into the teleportation chamber -- one time it might be Stitch, the next, Rocket, and the time after that, Groot...

Then open your imagination and include Donald Duck, Dr Strange, or even Loki...

Of course, that would take some money and time, and multiple AAs available under the stage to slide into place. I think that's probably beyond the reach of today's Imagineering crew...
Then it wouldn't be a legitimate attraction, more like an "advertising ride"....

WDWTank

For me, Tomorrowland is SM and the Wedway (maybe throw in Astro). Everything else is a thematic mess. That being said, I enjoy Monster Inc. and Buzz(even prefer it over TSMM) and love CoP. Aliens, monsters and go carts really do not belong in a land that showcases our visions of tomorrow. I'm also in the camp where CoP and iaSW should go into Epcot.
In this vision of the future that never was, aliens do :)
But not Monsters inc or another lazy excuse to shoehorn a property. I think the best Disney IP attraction is Buzz Lightyear. Perfect theme, perfect execution, a galactic war, not a toy playset, etc. One of the things I love about Toy story are the worlds within the toys. But recently, Disney didn't appear interested to use the Toy Story characters in a fantasy setting. Why didn't they bring back the Buzz Lightyear TV series when Toy Story 3 came out?
This is just my opinion though :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Then it wouldn't be a legitimate attraction, more like an "advertising ride"....
Well, if they can pull off multiple AA's popping up, what's to keep them from throwing in an Abraham Lincoln, or a Muppet, or even (dare I say it?) Walt Disney himself???

dennis-in-ct

Kali has an OK queue, a vanished storyline and beautiful yet commonplace rockwork. All it needs is a multi-million dollar upgrade, a plot and more kinetic energy. As for Rafiki... It's Nahtazu!

Kali's queue is more exciting to me than the actual ride itself. Every visit I make a point to walk the queue. I have only been on the ride once. That was enough.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

It's super fun on a cold day and you can ride on repeat. Otherwise, it's meh.
The ride is absolutely nothing. Every five years or so I reride because I become convinced it can't be as substanceless as I remember and every time, it disappoints me more. There are very few attractions whose removal I think would improve a park, but Kali is one of them.

Line is nice, though.

EricsBiscuit

The ride is absolutely nothing. Every five years or so I reride because I become convinced it can't be as substanceless as I remember and every time, it disappoints me more. There are very few attractions whose removal I think would improve a park, but Kali is one of them.

Line is nice, though.
I honestly don't understand the hate but it's whatever. They should focus on removing Dino Rama and then additions not replacements.

tl77

I think Laugh floor is fun to see now and then, but, I just dont see it as long term draw or an attraction people revisit. Im nto saying get rid of because I think its bad, but, get rid of in order to create something people will return to and will improve crowd flow. Thats a lot of area over there that could help alleviate a lot of crowds if it had better drawing attractions. While Buzz draws crowds, I doubt many dispute it may have outlived its life cycle in its current state. Either a reboot or a removal and replacement seem in order. But again, I just dont see them doing much to improve this area for a while.

I agree, the Laugh Floor building is also pretty large, and it's nearly 3 stories with it's sunken floor and high ceiling. They could fit a decent sized dark ride in it, something the size of Peter Pan's Flight. I don't know how big the Monster's Inc Door ride at DCA is, but a dark ride themed to Wall-E or Stitch would fit fairly well into the current Tomorrowland.

The Stitch's Great Escape building isn't as big, they could expand it into the area where the one theater's outside exit is, but the could fit a Winnie the Pooh sized dark ride in that space, or maybe just move the Tomorrowland dance parties in that space... if they still do them, they seemed to be popular, but loud

brb1006

DJezYfoVYAAi6UV.jpg

Hurricane Irma ripped all the new advertisements off this billboard, revealing an ad for the "new" Stitch's Great Escape attraction underneath. Photo by Christopher Martin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom