Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not that it's exactly the same, but the Columbus Zoo (all 580 acres of it!) became a completely smoke-free facility last year with seemingly little problem. It is strictly enforced, as well.
Given the spread of guests from the world over they have to cater to the regions where smoking is still as normal as drinking (or more).

I've seen plenty of poor young front line CMs attempt to ask a guest to stop smoking with predictable results. Like I said better to provide *proper* areas than force guests to feel like they can do what they like.

Until the world is smoke free WDW can't be. And I speak as an ex smoker. But we're drifting off topic.

HauntedMansionFLA

Given the spread of guests from the world over they have to cater to the regions where smoking is still as normal as drinking (or more).

I've seen plenty of poor young front line CMs attempt to ask a guest to stop smoking with predictable results. Like I said better to provide *proper* areas than force guests to feel like they can do what they like.

Until the world is smoke free WDW can't be. And I speak as an ex smoker. But we're drifting off topic.
What's the latest rumor on a new tomorrow land attraction? Or is this even on the table?

dreamscometrue

I think it'll possibly be a combination of refreshes, overlays and *possibly* new build. Not everything will change to the same level but there are possibly Land-encompassing plans.
Do you believe that there is a significant move to put some money into MK (in Tomorrowland and/or elsewhere) before the 50th, or do you think those in charge might be content with the Avland, TSL, SWL and the proposed changes to Epcot? Also, have you heard anything else about plans for phase 3 or 4 (or whatever it's called) at DHS? Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you believe that there is a significant move to put some money into MK (in Tomorrowland and/or elsewhere) before the 50th, or do you think those in charge might be content with the Avland, TSL, SWL and the proposed changes to Epcot? Also, have you heard anything else about plans for phase 3 or 4 (or whatever it's called) at DHS? Thanks.
Yes I do and no I haven't. In that order :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We took that path at night a couple of times last trip. Felt like we had accidentally stepped into some weird shady underbelly of MK. Half expected someone to either try and sell me a stolen watch or shank me.
So, smokers are either thieves or murderous thugs?

I can't stand cigarette smoke, but am perfectly capable of holding my breath for 20 seconds or stepping up the pace through that area. I would hardly call that lovely path "some weird shady underbelly of MK". The path, along with the Smoker's Area is populated generally by families, many with children - not by hoodlums.

Mat Cauthon

So, smokers are either thieves or murderous thugs?

I can't stand cigarette smoke, but am perfectly capable of holding my breath for 20 seconds or stepping up the pace through that area. I would hardly call that lovely path "some weird shady underbelly of MK". The path, along with the Smoker's Area is populated generally by families, many with children - not by hoodlums.
Guess I should have used the sarcasm or hyperbole font. I smoke cigars myself so really don't care if someone chooses to smoke or not. To restate my reply differently: the fact the path was lined on both sides for several feet with people smoking so that we had to kind of weave our way down the middle made it feel a bit of a gauntlet of smoke. Definitely not the same feel as other more open smoking areas. It was surprising and amusing as much as anything. Kind of a what the heck was that moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom