Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

wdwfan4ver

Stitch going away would be good, but I would've thought Monsters Inc. Laughing might would have been the first of the 2 things gone. Stitch has the futuristic monster from another planet going for for it, but Monsters Inc. Floor has nothing about the future even in Sci-fi way. I don't think Stitch going away is going to fix the theme issue there besides being a mess.

I'm guessing Big Hero 6 at this point being the replacement. I mentioned Big Hero 6 because Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland announced a Big Hero 6 attraction. I don't think it would be getting the musical whip ride for big Hero 6 like Tokyo is getting though. The other thing is Big Hero 6 is getting a cartoon series on Disney XD next year in 2017 and that means Disney means Disney isn't done using the IP.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Stitch going away would be good, but I would've thought Monsters Inc. Laughing might would have been the first of the 2 things gone. Stitch has the futuristic monster from another planet going for for it, but Monsters Inc. Floor has nothing about the future even in Sci-fi way. I'm guessing Big Hero 6 at this point.

I mentioned Big Hero 6 because Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland announced a Big Hero 6 attraction. I don't think it would be getting the musical whip ride for big Hero 6 like Tokyo is getting though. The other thing is Big Hero 6 is getting a cartoon series on Disney XD next year in 2017 and that means Disney means Disney isn't done using the IP.
Just out of curiosity...what makes a monster "futuristic"?

As opposed to a modern day monster or a monster from days gone by.

JRMFL

During the 18 months I worked merch in TLand, in the shops at the exit of Stitch, we heard a never-ending stream of complaints from disgruntled parents. The ride had hurt their child. Had frightened their child and they couldn't get to the child to comfort them. Every ride dump had at least one crying child. I wondered how much time/$/energy the GSMs had wasted over the years on service recovery just from this one attraction. I am sure my old TLand friends will rejoice at this news even more than when they closed the SM arcade.

My suggestion for a replacement is to gut the entire inerior structure, and create a massive meet-and-greet bazaar. Get Stitch inside, and consistent. Get Buzz inside. Proper photo ops with Incredibles til the Dance Party starts. Add other TLand attraction chars like Mike Wizowzski, or obvious tie-ins like Miles From Tomorrowland.

MagicHappens1971

I know, that's why I said I wish they Could because I doubt they could fit a people eater into either or make a worthwhile attraction into both separately. They would have to reroute a lot of stuff.
I don't think they meant People Eater literally, just that the attraction has a high amount of people coming through it on a hourly basis.

doctornick

The hate of Laugh Floor here is almost shocking. It was one of the most entertaining experiences in the park. It has some high overhead with the cast needed, but it's consistently been extremely fun and quite funny.

Can't speak for others, but I like Laugh Floor as well. It's a well executed display of "living characters". The issue with the attraction is that it is not in an appropriate location -- there's nothing particularly futuristic about it and it clashes with the rest of TL.

Personally, I'd like Laugh Floor to be replaced with something more thematically appropriate but have the show be moved to DHS. It would be a solid component of a Monstropolis land in DHS along with some rides like Ride and Seek or the long rumored Door Coaster.

No Name

It simply cannot be turned into a "high capacity" attraction unless nearly the whole thing is gutted and they work some magic.

However, any replacement has the potential to be an improvement. Stitch's Great Escape is something that, much like the original DCA, Iger should be caling a brand "withdrawal." It's a bad attraction, people generally don't like it, and so I'm glad to see that it's escaping its misery.

So I'm excited for this.

doctornick

It's nice to hear that Stitch is being looked at for a replacement -- man, that attraction misses the mark -- but I do hope they look at actually add attractions to MK to increase capacity given how the park is busting at the seems. There's plenty of space for more rides in the park without having to close existing things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom