Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Kman101

*thinks back to last ride on Buzz where the spinner wasn't even working*

Unpopular Opinion: From what I've seen in videos, Dreamflight actually looked pretty cool. It'd be nice to see another ride like that.

I agree.

I'm not a fan of Buzz at all. But I know a lot of people are competitors and these kind of rides thrill them. We deserve better.

Kman101

I liked Buzz a lot better before Toy Story Mania existed.

I didn't mind Buzz in theory. It's just time for an upgrade and it seems redundant now. I wish we could get Ant-Man like Hong Kong is (yes, it's "IP" but I'd REALLY like something new in Buzz's space) But that will never happen (for a variety of reasons ;) ). I guess it's nice Marvel wants unique attractions not cloned everywhere.

Haymarket2008

*thinks back to last ride on Buzz where the spinner wasn't even working*

Unpopular Opinion: From what I've seen in videos, Dreamflight actually looked pretty cool. It'd be nice to see another ride like that.

Dream flight was super charming and very old-school. I have fond memories. I’d love to see something like it/a la If You Had Wings have a place again, but those types of rides aren’t the flavor of the day.... :(

ProfSavage

If they're going to replace Buzz with something and want Wreck it Ralph in the parks... I can see a Hero's Duty shooter, with Calhoun animantronic where Buzz is, and you're with Ralph and Vanellope and you start chasing bugs through the Internet... BOOM! Synergy of the IP/Story from the movie/Existing ride infrastructure....

As for a replacement for Stitch, I can't for the life of me think of what IP could be put in there....

Dutch Inn '76

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. I very much disagree it was Six Flags bad. Are you intentionally trying to troll?

My apologies. It was 'If You Had Wings' that I though was so awful. Dreamflight was kinda cool - but I think I only rode it once or twice. It was active during a time that we didn't travel to WDW very much.

At any rate, Buzz is better than all of 'em, IMHO.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If they're going to replace Buzz with something and want Wreck it Ralph in the parks... I can see a Hero's Duty shooter, with Calhoun animantronic where Buzz is, and you're with Ralph and Vanellope and you start chasing bugs through the Internet... BOOM! Synergy of the IP/Story from the movie/Existing ride infrastructure....

As for a replacement for Stitch, I can't for the life of me think of what IP could be put in there....

Big Hero 6, Wall-E, Tomorrowland, Meet the Robinsons, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Frankenweenie... Heck, I bet they could even use The Muppets! Use Gonzo. Make it loosely based off of Muppets from Space.

There's plenty of material to work with. Even Lilo and Stitch could STILL work. The problem is executing the idea out, and actually being creative instead of just shoehorning it in. Imagine how bad Song of the South could have been if it wasn't executed right for Splash Mountain. Doesn't matter how relevant the IP is as long as it is executed correctly. Heck, they could probably even make a second Tron attraction if it's done right.

tirian

Y'all! Buzz it a great ride! It's one of our favorites!

...and Dreamflight was one of the worst attractions at WDW. It was Six Flags bad.
I know I’m supposed to miss Dreamflight because it was a classic, an original, blah, blah, blah; but every iteration was an update on the original ‘70s cheesefest. I don’t miss it.

Alien Encounter, Mr. Toad, Horizons, the original POTC, and Journey into Imagination deserve their statuses as long-lost classics. IMO, Dreamflight does not earn that respect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom