Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

TwilightZone

All it shows is that the peak holiday season is over in DL on Jan 8th and in WDW on the 7th as they will no longer need the capacity these attractions provide.
That was the point I was trying to make. as well as it helps open up a new attraction earlier. my wording is not the best sometimes

TwilightZone

Is there a design layout of each attraction?
the map of star tours I found was from california's so just take this with a grain of salt
atis-star-maps.jpg
r-1416085593-AlienEncounter1.JPG

CalebS

It’s just my opinion, and I know theres flaws in it and circumstances arise where it is better to go ahead and close it but personally I dont believe an attraction should be closed down until a replacement is set in stone and signed off on. Why lose capacity before you even decide what your doing with the space? Again just my opinion

Cameron1529

But Alien Encounter wasn’t based on the movie Alien. I don’t see that attraction coming back. I loved it but it really was a terrible fit for the Magic Kingdom.

I agree, personally I never saw Alien Encounter however after seeing some videos and articles I think it would not suit the times and technology Disney have currently. Hence why many people dislike the Stitch ride.

Cameron1529

It’s just my opinion, and I know theres flaws in it and circumstances arise where it is better to go ahead and close it but personally I dont believe an attraction should be closed down until a replacement is set in stone and signed off on. Why lose capacity before you even decide what your doing with the space? Again just my opinion

I understand where you are coming from. However from a business perspective if they have very low numbers through the attraction most of the time, closing it makes sense. It will reduce their staff costs, it will reduce their electricity costs and it will reduce the logistics of running the attraction. Obviously these costs etc... are extremely small in comparison to the costs of staff and power throughout the whole of Disney however every cent counts.

I agree, personally I never saw Alien Encounter however after seeing some videos and articles I think it would not suit the times and technology Disney have currently. Hence why many people dislike the Stitch ride.
While I personally adore Alien Encounter (My username is named after the titular alien) I have to agree that chances of the ride coming back are very slim. While the ride has a very large following in contemporary times, it was met with fairly mixed reception during it's lifetime in the park. Not to mention the many controversies that the ride caused and it's fairly short wait times.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
There's an idea I had a while back... not the greatest of ideas mind you but it would allow TDO and the Imagineers to keep the Stitch building and most of the show.

Using elements from the previous iteration albeit a short and sweet version of the show with a new pre-show explaining Stitch has glitched; We learn that a glitched Stitch has managed to escape the (theater) building and is running amok in Tomorrowland causing all kinds of mischief. Aided by Jumba Jookiba and Pleakly we are given Ultra Space Communicators (Kim Possible style interactive game) and must find him and report back to HQ so a team can be sent to retrieve him. As guests turn in their communicators they exit a corridor that shows an AA post-show of Stitch's glitch being fixed! The attraction ends as guests then exit out the theatre via gift shop (lol) or into a Meet-n-Greet room to see Stitch and one of his alien friends.

Part show, part game. part gift shop. part Meet-n-Greet. If not this idea exactly; I think a combined show and interactive game could work well for this IP.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

But Alien Encounter wasn’t based on the movie Alien. I don’t see that attraction coming back. I loved it but it really was a terrible fit for the Magic Kingdom.
No but it wouldn't require that many tweaks to make it so. I agree with others, though, that it is unlikely to happen. It's not the vibe they want for MK these days which is a little unfortunate.

KBLovedDisney

There's an idea I had a while back... not the greatest of ideas mind you but it would allow TDO and the Imagineers to keep the Stitch building and most of the show.

Using elements from the previous iteration albeit a short and sweet version of the show with a new pre-show explaining Stitch has glitched; We learn that a glitched Stitch has managed to escape the (theater) building and is running amok in Tomorrowland causing all kinds of mischief. Aided by Jumba Jookiba and Pleakly we are given Ultra Space Communicators (Kim Possible style interactive game) and must find him and report back to HQ so a team can be sent to retrieve him. As guests turn in their communicators they exit a corridor that shows an AA post-show of Stitch's glitch being fixed! The attraction ends as guests then exit out the theatre via gift shop (lol) or into a Meet-n-Greet room to see Stitch and one of his alien friends.

Part show, part game. part gift shop. part Meet-n-Greet. If not this idea exactly; I think a combined show and interactive game could work well for this IP.
Maybe not just get a communicator, but also a laser gun that will help you "sedate" the glitched Stitch. Thus, SGE Laser Tag. I mean come on. Who doesn't want to laser blast Stitch at this point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom