Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

owlsandcoffee

Why not bring back X-S with the addition of Predator and Alien protagonists? Not merely evil, they will hunt you down and eat you.
I think X-S is a worthwhile bit of intellectual property. Park original, etc. Perhaps they could have a different show in each theatre: one more kid-friendly, one more intense.

owlsandcoffee

It's not in a movie, Bobby C has no idea what it is or how to capitalize it.
I also have a nagging suspicion that the Bobs don't necessarily want people thinking about the incompatibility of corporate interest and human survival...

edited because the word I used instead of nagging apparently tripped the censor

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Lilo & Stitch - Replace laugh floor with that stitch interactive show

Wall-E - Replace SGE with a Despicable Me style simulator, divide into 4 theatres by splitting each theatre in half.

Robots - Replace Buzz Lightyear with a new shoot em up target ride.

COP - Upgrade the AA’s and scenes.

Get rid of speedway, reboot Flight of the Navigator on a large scale, and put an E-Ticket attraction themed to that movie there.

Tron
PeopleMover
Space Mountain

owlsandcoffee

Yes, the above all sounds cool. I'm not sure if I'd prefer 4 shows with a new layout or 2 with the current. Seems like it might actually decrease capacity to split it up more.

Bocabear

In a world beset with increasing violence perhaps adding another "shoot-em-up" target ride is not such a great idea... Perhaps using the technology to "collect" things would be better... A little change in focus, but the same overall... I think as a society we have to get away from the "Shoot-em-up" culture...
Collect, create, inspire...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
In a world beset with increasing violence perhaps adding another "shoot-em-up" target ride is not such a great idea... Perhaps using the technology to "collect" things would be better... A little change in focus, but the same overall... I think as a society we have to get away from the "Shoot-em-up" culture...

Back when "they" were considering a name change for Tomorrowland (or was that just fan spec?) I had armchaired a concept of collecting "sparks of imagination" with Dreamfinder and Figment. I think it could have worked in the Buzz building. Another option would have seen us help Lilo collect all of Stitch's cousins in a Lilo and Stitch themed attraction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Aliens shooting abduction rays at farm animals!!!

See, there is a use for Home on the Range!!!

aliceismad

The powers that be decided to add a Tron while leaving valuable existing space vacant, so they clearly have a different approach to the management of Tomorrowland than I would.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I never got to see this but I really enjoy the replacement. It's fun that the current ride switches up music and dances so that it's even a different ride in the same day. Then holiday music overlays go further
Sitting in a "dancing" car is enjoyable?

The bar has really dropped to a low level...

aliceismad

That the world’s most visited theme park has abandoned and under utilized attraction, retail and dining space is just mind boggling.
Right? And we all know that buildings that are abandoned in place and not maintained will take much more money to fix in 5 or 10 years vs. now. Eventually it will cost less to demo a building and rebuild vs. renovating an existing building.

pdude81

Sitting in a "dancing" car is enjoyable?

The bar has really dropped to a low level...
I prefer the dancing cars to bumper cars, yes. They do a tiny bit of this in MMRR in the Daisy room also.

And IMO the dancing car ride is far superior to the Mater spin ride, even though both are probably C ticket level.

The Aracuan Bird

Tomorrowland should be all about space and robots and robots in space.

The Fox movie 'Robots' got decent reviews and could be an excellent aesthetic to follow and be a fun attraction with a robot factory shenanigans gone awry with split second misses and gags. And it's criminal that there's no WALL*E attraction in Tomorrowland.

For space, consider this: You know how MMRR was the first Mickey Mouse themed ride in the whole of Disney parks history? Why not Mickey and friends in space?
Yes please.
4C6863E0-F541-4A27-A00E-885A4AEB37FF.jpeg

Mickey is the universal IP. They did tons of “Tomorrowland” stories with him around the opening of Disneyland.

Disney Maddux

I know, I know, necro.

But I'm just thinking... There were the rumbles of the WIR attraction being revived using the SGE setup, adding controllers to the harnesses and making it a more interactive attraction, and those rumblings were late 2019 IIRC, not long before Iger stepped down and things went quiet again.

Now with him back in and making a big deal about getting creative projects started again, it's got me thinking if we could potentially see the re-revival of this.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I know, I know, necro.

But I'm just thinking... There were the rumbles of the WIR attraction being revived using the SGE setup, adding controllers to the harnesses and making it a more interactive attraction, and those rumblings were late 2019 IIRC, not long before Iger stepped down and things went quiet again.

Now with him back in and making a big deal about getting creative projects started again, it's got me thinking if we could potentially see the re-revival of this.
All of the talk about "creative this and that" was about the Media side of the company, not Parks.

And people forget who was head of the Parks in 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom