Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

aliceismad

Wow...that sounds like it was fun in the original saucers iteration.
I wonder - are all bumper car-style rides probably a no-go anymore because of the risk of whiplash/concussion/lawsuits? I know there are still some places with them, and there's a Royal Caribbean cruise ship with bumper cars. Did they make a safer version or something?

ImperfectPixie

I wonder - are all bumper car-style rides probably a no-go anymore because of the risk of whiplash/concussion/lawsuits? I know there are still some places with them, and there's a Royal Caribbean cruise ship with bumper cars. Did they make a safer version or something?
That's a good question. I'm 99% sure Canobie Lake Park still has them...and they look pretty dated, but that's a small amusement park.

We need to toughen up and stop with the lawsuits already. Jeez.

owlsandcoffee

I think the days of Disney letting people navigate such things untethered (heck, there were motorboats back in the day) aren't returning.

You just know within 5 minutes of it opening a) one of the cars would be damaged b) a child would hurt themselves c) parents would get in a screaming match d) it would close down for "temporary repairs".

UNCgolf

I think if you asked everyone leaving MK for the day what their favorite ride was Buzz would be in the top 3 for most people. It's just fun, full stop. I'd like to see it get an update, and maybe a retheme. But I think it probably will always be an arcade ride.

I highly doubt that. Some combination of Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Space Mountain would almost certainly be ranked higher by the majority of guests (regardless of how I'd personally rank them). Possibly the Jungle Cruise too, although I'm not really a fan.

It's not all that popular -- I'm pretty sure it and Peter Pan's Flight have roughly the same hourly capacity (which is on the low side) but PPF gets double the wait time of Buzz.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I think if you asked everyone leaving MK for the day what their favorite ride was Buzz would be in the top 3 for most people. It's just fun, full stop. I'd like to see it get an update, and maybe a retheme. But I think it probably will always be an arcade ride.

I highly doubt that. Some combination of Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Space Mountain would almost certainly be ranked higher by the majority of guests (regardless of how I'd personally rank them). Possibly the Jungle Cruise too, although I'm not really a fan.

It's not all that popular -- I'm pretty sure it and Peter Pan's Flight have roughly the same hourly capacity (which is on the low side) but PPF gets double the wait time of Buzz.

The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2021 actually has a list of top 10 attractions based on different age groups.

Buzz Lightyear ranks #1 for grade school kids and makes the top 10 of each age group under 30 (pre-school, grade school, teens, young adult).

As for top 3, Buzz only makes that cut for the Grade Schoolers. For everyone else it's basically a combination of 1 or more of the following; Happily Ever After, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

owlsandcoffee

The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2021 actually has a list of top 10 attractions based on different age groups.

Buzz Lightyear ranks #1 for grade school kids and makes the top 10 of each age group under 30 (pre-school, grade school, teens, young adult).

As for top 3, Buzz only makes that cut for the Grade Schoolers. For everyone else it's basically a combination of 1 or more of the following; Happily Ever After, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Ah, thank you! That's enlightening. I probably jumped the gun by saying Top 3, haha.

jt04

Tourists. 😏

Animaniac93-98

Biggest shock of the chart for me is that Splash does not make the top 10 cut for the Teen category, but Mad Tea Party, Jungle Cruise and PhilharMagic do.

Splash is on the chart for all other age groups excluding Pre-Schoolers (which makes sense given the height requirement).

UNCgolf

That lines up with my expectations, other than Splash Mountain not appearing. That surprises me.

EDIT: Didn't see your other post about Splash until now.

RSoxNo1

VR at first. Then 3D. And finally 2D.

Too small.
I think you would need to take out some shops to get to a space big enough for an attraction. Even then, I think that entire corridor of Tomorrowland could be taken down and rebuilt in a different configuration to get a few more attractions in there.

RSoxNo1

The obvious armchair solution is to rework Tomorrowland into an Arcadeland. It seemed to be going that way. You could do the Space-themed Pizza Planet (and arcade) anything WiR (though preferably something tied to Hero's Duty and the Cybug alien swarm concept and NOT Sugar Rush) and then of course TRON, another arcade game. Not sure if going Pixel adventure land vs World of Tomorrow land is a great idea but it seems the logical choice nowadays. Tomorrowland's always been a mixed bag anyway.
I don't think that's a ridiculous idea at all. Maybe "Arcade" is a bit too on the nose, but a Virtual land isn't unrealistic.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't think that's a ridiculous idea at all. Maybe "Arcade" is a bit too on the nose, but a Virtual land isn't unrealistic.
The Digital Realm, The Grid or to keep the same nomenclature, Digital land or like you said Virtual land. But I kind of like the idea of creating a subset or mini land within Tomorrowland using those IPs. If we can't do original stuff (because Disney) than retooling Tomorrowland to be more abstract with mini lands of X or Y seems the logical answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom