Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Kman101

For the record, this could also be a gutting to better support the function of the things surrounding it (Ice Cream, gift shops, meet and greet). Currently, some of these functions awkwardly bleed into the current theaters (I know that at least the southernmost theater is in use). Gutting doesn't always equate to a new attraction coming.

I need to scan this thread, but did the permit specify the work being done, aka a gut job? Not questioning you, just wondering because I missed that. I took it with a grain of salt because it was "confirmed" by Clickbait.

So are they dumping a theater to make room for backstage use by shops? I'm a little confused what the "awkwardly bleeds into the current theaters" means, sorry, lol!

Kman101

Apparently, that attraction gets surprisingly good reviews from families. But then again, Disney can make any data look good.

It does, apparently. And I don't dislike it. It's cute and not for everyone. Of course some of you (not you, others) won't care for it, it's not really designed for you. It's pretty fun and I do wonder if some have dismissed it because it's simply not a dark ride or Cars Land. We need different things to do in each park and this checks off a box for them. I'm cool with it. I can see the location being the real reason it gets moderate numbers. It's just far out of the way. I get they wanted to fill that theater and put something in quick but they need to dig a little deeper sometimes and think about where they're putting things.

I still think Rock 'n' Roller Coaster becomes either CARS or Incredibles to tie the area together. But just a wild guess. I'm not holding my breath for Monsters Inc. anymore, lol. And that would be too big of a changeover for that coaster. No way that wasn't ever more than fan dreams.

In reality, the Stitch area wasn't ever going to be more than a theater in the round attraction so a similar show makes sense, budget cut version or not (of course I'd prefer the full non-budget friendly version). We shall see what happens. They just aren't going to do what some want them to do (or what I want them to do, so I'm trying to approach with a different mindframe of what it would check off for them in the park)

Let's be real. A single, fantastic animatronic (just a fantastic animatronic; not saying LMRA is "fantastic") show is better than a meet and greet, personally. Would I like better? Of course I would!

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I still think Rock 'n' Roller Coaster becomes either CARS or Incredibles to tie the area together. But just a wild guess. I'm not holding my breath for Monsters Inc. anymore, lol. And that would be too big of a changeover for that coaster. No way that wasn't ever more than fan dreams.

They'd have to gut it and build a new ride to turn it into Cars, too. Otherwise you're eliminating a huge portion of the fan base. It really wouldn't be a good idea to retheme it to any Pixar property, but the Incredibles is probably the best option.

Kman101

They'd have to gut it and build a new ride to turn it into Cars, too. Otherwise you're eliminating a huge portion of the fan base. It really wouldn't be a good idea to retheme it to any Pixar property, but the Incredibles is probably the best option.

I disagree slightly. It's not THAT intense of a coaster, all things considered. Not everything needs to be toddler or 5 year old friendly. But I do see your point and agree they might hesitate on doing that. But they have a family coaster in Slinky Dog. Kids who can't ride, parents can swap and take them to LMRA. Kids can't ride anyway so even if it changes to a more kid friendly IP. I can see this being a back and forth with them.

The ride vehicle is literally a stretch limo. Street signs. Lights. Hello, Cars. But probably too easy and not likely. My gut says a version of Incredicoaster as well. But then I worry about Space Mountain. I also had a weird dream the Incredibles took over Carousel of Progress too. LOL! I know that's never happening (please?)

But who knows?

UNCgolf

I disagree slightly. It's not THAT intense of a coaster, all things considered. Not everything needs to be toddler or 5 year old friendly. But I do see your point and agree they might hesitate on doing that. But they have a family coaster in Slinky Dog. Kids who can't ride, parents can swap and take them to LMRA. Kids can't ride anyway so even if it changes to a more kid friendly IP. I can see this being a back and forth with them.

The ride vehicle is literally a stretch limo. Street signs. Lights. Hello, Cars. But probably too easy and not likely. My gut says a version of Incredicoaster as well. But then I worry about Space Mountain. I also had a weird dream the Incredibles took over Carousel of Progress too. LOL! I know that's never happening (please?)

But who knows?

The problem is it has a 48 inch height restriction, which eliminates most kids under roughly 8. That's the majority of the Cars fanbase, which is why I don't think it makes any sense. Every kid I know that loved the Cars franchise were like 5-6 and then kinda grew out of it. Why would you make an IP based ride that doesn't allow the fans of the IP to ride?

Kman101

The problem is it has a 48 inch height restriction, which eliminates most kids under roughly 8. That's the majority of the Cars fanbase, which is why I don't think it makes any sense. Every kid I know that loved the Cars franchise were like 5-6 and then kinda grew out of it. Why would you make an IP based ride that doesn't allow the fans of the IP to ride?

Because those 5 and 6 year olds don't stay 5 and 6 year old? And not everything can be for them. Not likely, but you have to think of "easy overlay" and sometimes that overrules something else. I think you're letting this idea you have it's too kid friendly.

Incredicoaster isn't exactly letting on 5 or 6 year olds and that's just fine 🤷‍♂️ it's also 40. They do just fine.

UNCgolf

Because those 5 and 6 year olds don't stay 5 and 6 year old? And not everything can be for them. Not likely, but you have to think of "easy overlay" and sometimes that overrules something else. I think you're letting this idea you have it's too kid friendly.

Incredicoaster isn't exactly letting on 5 or 6 year olds and that's just fine 🤷‍♂️ it's also 40. They do just fine.

I feel like you're missing the point.

Most of the kids that loved it at 5-6 don't care that much about it when they're 12, at least in my experience. And of course not everything can be for them -- that's exactly what I'm saying. Why do a Cars overlay for a ride that doesn't fit the fan base? Use a different overlay that people of the proper age would want; most teenagers and adults aren't going to care that much about a Cars ride. They'd be better off leaving it exactly as it is than changing it to Cars, because a Cars overlay would almost certainly decrease the popularity.

Using Cars would be almost nonsensical for that ride. Disney is smarter than that -- they wouldn't put a Frozen ride there either; it would just lead to a ton of complaints. I also said my original post that the Incredibles would make far more sense if they were going to use Pixar.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Either of these work?

(Cars) (Incredibles)
Not an exact clone of RnRC but close enough to get the idea. While any music can be made to overlay "well enough" the trick is weaving a story around the coaster; something California Adventure's Incredicoaster fails to do successfully. I suspect any attempt at "Pixaring" RnRC would result in the same half-baked attempt. That said, as you can see within the videos above there are enough breaks in the songs where AAs, screenz and video montages could be added to make a "better" overlay.

As stated numerous times though (same goes for Jim Hill's ridiculous Monster's Inc theory) the 48" height requirement remains the biggest obstacle. The target demo won't be able to ride it.

Personally, I'd rather it themed to a villain or Indiana Jones or even Muppet's Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. That "A Goofy Movie" armchair mentioned previously would be a good choice if Imagineering is going to stick with the simple overlay and on-board music.
As a last resort there's always @WDWTank's Sky High? :p

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The problem is it has a 48 inch height restriction, which eliminates most kids under roughly 8.

Just a wee quibble... Half of all 7 year olds are 48". :D

So, the IP you want should be geared for 7 year olds and up. Aerosmith was definitely aiming for teens.

IMO, an Incredicoaster would be the best fit in the new IP-only universe.

But, given current conditions.... there's no rush. And definitely no Rush.

Disneyson

The target audience for RnRC are currently OBSESSED with A Goofy Movie, The Emperor’s New Groove, and Hercules. If they were to do an IP, they would be smart to do one of those. If they called it “Powerline: A Goofy Coaster” or “Kronk and Yzma’s New Groove Coaster” (saving Herc for Greece in EPCOT), they would have a LOT of luck.

UNCgolf

Just a wee quibble... Half of all 7 year olds are 48". :D

So, the IP you want should be geared for 7 year olds and up. Aerosmith was definitely aiming for teens.

IMO, an Incredicoaster would be the best fit in the new IP-only universe.

But, given current conditions.... there's no rush. And definitely no Rush.

Yeah, I know -- but you basically need to be thinking 8 or higher to ensure someone can ride. The average 7 year old boy is between 47-48" and the average 7 year old girl is shorter.

Basically, though, your second sentence was my main point. Cars is a franchise geared more towards younger kids, so it's not even remotely a good fit for that coaster. I don't think the Incredibles is a great fit either, but it would be fine and a much better choice than Cars.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The average 7 year old boy is between 47-48" and the average 7 year old girl is shorter.

If I was an original Star Trek episode, I'd be The Trouble with Quibbles...

1585527405016.png

UNCgolf

If I was an original Star Trek episode, I'd be The Trouble with Quibbles...

View attachment 459466

The data I was looking at had the average boy at 47.7" which would still technically be too short to ride!

Regardless, it would still leave out roughly half of 7 year olds. And I don't think it matters that much anyways, because you'd really want 5 and 6 year olds to be able to ride a Cars attraction -- Radiator Springs Racers is only 40".

UNCgolf

Listen, if the ride ends up being wreck it ralph, and you have to use a controller, I ain't goin! Im not touching a controller thousands of adults or kids touched. Nu uh. Not after this virus.

This is actually a fair point. I wonder if Disney will shy away from things like this in the future because of sanitation issues.

Obviously there's tons of things you could touch throughout the park that multiple people will have touched, but it's still different to have something that's an essential part of an attraction. CMs would likely have to spray/wipe down each individual controller between each show which would cause operational inefficiency.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Listen, if the ride ends up being wreck it ralph, and you have to use a controller, I ain't goin! Im not touching a controller thousands of adults or kids touched. Nu uh. Not after this virus.

Never going to touch a railing in a queue? Any part of the inside of a ride vehicle? The pole of a monorail or bus? The armests and back of seats of any show? Any button inside or outside of an elevator?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom