Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Skipper2

My 2.671 cents worth, If I were in WDI I would be looking at using the black box idea format with an omnimover. Since that space has really not seen any major structural changes since the park opened IDK if it can handle any sort of track system at all. Black boxing it would allow the rapid IP change standard that seems to be what Disney wants to do to tomorrow proof rides. So all the ideas given so far as IP would work, re-skin the Q and load new graphics for screens and done. Where better to tryout out the tech of tomorrow than Tomorrowland? (Yes I know FutureWorld) This black box idea means they can try Incredibles, then for very little money, Big Hero 6, or whatever else until they get something that sticks or even rotate IP much faster and time it with upcoming movie releases. Kind of like a ride through interactive trailer. James Cameron would just love to play with that type of thing for one of his new Avatar releases, and when that flash in the pan is gone, POOF.........Load new graphics re-skin Q and start cycle again. Perfect location to use as a test for the concept as it is small(keeps the cost down) and could be a working prototype test for larger space installations to follow in other locations. I typed too much so make it 2.673 cents worth.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My 2.671 cents worth, If I were in WDI I would be looking at using the black box idea format with an omnimover. Since that space has really not seen any major structural changes since the park opened IDK if it can handle any sort of track system at all. Black boxing it would allow the rapid IP change standard that seems to be what Disney wants to do to tomorrow proof rides. So all the ideas given so far as IP would work, re-skin the Q and load new graphics for screens and done. Where better to tryout out the tech of tomorrow than Tomorrowland? (Yes I know FutureWorld) This black box idea means they can try Incredibles, then for very little money, Big Hero 6, or whatever else until they get something that sticks or even rotate IP much faster and time it with upcoming movie releases. Kind of like a ride through interactive trailer. James Cameron would just love to play with that type of thing for one of his new Avatar releases, and when that flash in the pan is gone, POOF.........Load new graphics re-skin Q and start cycle again. Perfect location to use as a test for the concept as it is small(keeps the cost down) and could be a working prototype test for larger space installations to follow in other locations. I typed too much so make it 2.673 cents worth.

Are you saying they should put an omnimover in there, because there's definitely not enough room for that

Skipper2

Are you saying they should put an omnimover in there, because there's definitely not enough room for that
IDK, the shortest/smallest of the omnimovers might be to big, but Peter Pan's ride system (overhead style) actually uses a smaller space than stitch does from the diagrams I have. It is almost the same size space as Pooh although shaped very differently.

Skipper2

Pooh vs Stitch for amount of space needed for a tracked ride. Pay attention to the scale bar in the legend on each diagram. BTW this isthe best free source of Disney diagrams I know of on the net.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pooh vs Stitch for amount of space needed for a tracked ride. Pay attention to the scale bar in the legend on each diagram. BTW this isthe best free source of Disney diagrams I know of on the net.

SGE is .42 acres.

Pan is .31 acres.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not a bad idea. It would be a rather short ride but if it’s mostly screen based it would be easy to change up and they could even do easy seasonal overlays like Halloween, Christmas...etc. It would sorta be like the 4D movies that can be easily swapped out but with a ride system as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, I guess that could be done....but as it is now it'd be a bit difficult
Agreed. Not likely to happen. If they really wanted to use the area efficiently they would expand into Cosmic Rays and relocate the food to Tomorrowland Terrace which is never open except for upcharge dessert parties. Probably why that won’t happen either.

Skipper2

Agreed. Not likely to happen. If they really wanted to use the area efficiently they would expand into Cosmic Rays and relocate the food to Tomorrowland Terrace which is never open except for upcharge dessert parties. Probably why that won’t happen either.
Thats why my idea was only worth 2 cents. :)

OSX

I think the best possible thing they could do is bring back the original gleaming white Tomorrowland of 1971...and then exaggerate it a bit .
Most likely going to be an unpopular opinion, but they should really go with a "Fallout" style type of Tomorrowland. Make it seem futuristic but set the timeline of the land in a weird version of the 1960's. Also have songs from that era being the area music, with a disk jockey that's playing the music throughout the land. Taking a page out of Galaxy's Edge, have the disk jockey be a robot, or in this case, S.I.R.

Bocabear

With the new Galaxy's Edge and Pandora, a dystopian fallout style is the last thing I want to see at the Magic Kingdom... Not the hopeful gleaming beautiful fantasy of the future but another battle scarred, war torn world...No thanks...Give me gleaming spires and beautiful eye candy...Dreams of the future...not angst inducing nightmare visions...

OSX

With the new Galaxy's Edge and Pandora, a dystopian fallout style is the last thing I want to see at the Magic Kingdom... Not the hopeful gleaming beautiful fantasy of the future but another battle scarred, war torn world...No thanks...Give me gleaming spires and beautiful eye candy...Dreams of the future...not angst inducing nightmare visions...
There is no way a pristine and clean aesthetic of Tomorrowland would look even good in the smoldering heat of Florida. Not to mention the hurricanes and the thunderstorms that happen on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I like that classic look of Tomorrowland where everything is white and it looks as if it came straight out of 'Logan's Run', but the environment would ultimately destroy that look.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

There is no way a pristine and clean aesthetic of Tomorrowland would look even good in the smoldering heat of Florida. Not to mention the hurricanes and the thunderstorms that happen on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I like that classic look of Tomorrowland where everything is white and it looks as if it came straight out of 'Logan's Run', but the environment would ultimately destroy that look.
Not if the appropriate materials and finishes are selected.

Bocabear

Ummm it kind of stood the test of time already before the refurb in the 90s...and that was just for aesthetics...for something new...not because it wasn't holding up... So do you suggest making everything look moldy and aged so it won't show it if all maintenance ends?
The whole point of the Magic Kingdom is supposed to be a land of fantasy... not a land of ruined dreams and distressed finishes on everything including the parts of the park that are supposed to be a brilliant utopian future...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom