Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

tissandtully

So I didn't want to start a new thread, but is there any chance that something will eventally go into this space? I had one naively assumed that Disney would for sure put in a new attraction for the 50th, but that seems like a distant silly deam...
Thanks, I actually forgot about all this and now I’m reminded. This is why we don’t bump old threads people!

Cmdr_Crimson

Thanks, I actually forgot about all this and now I’m reminded. This is why we don’t bump old threads people!
source.gif

Bocabear

Heroes Duty troop transport?...Something goes terribly wrong and the "bugs" attack the transport...It would give us an amazing AA of Sargent Calhoun in the pre-show...Lots of animated props and bugs descending from the ceiling and the center tube... It could be a lot of fun...and it is futuristic...a better fit than MILF across the esplanade...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Heroes Duty troop transport?...Something goes terribly wrong and the "bugs" attack the transport...It would give us an amazing AA of Sargent Calhoun in the pre-show...Lots of animated props and bugs descending from the ceiling and the center tube... It could be a lot of fun...and it is futuristic...a better fit than MILF across the esplanade...

Can we be recruits? And for gits and shiggles can they designate some kid in the audience as the "first-person" shooter? It writes itself.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Can we be recruits? And for gits and shiggles can they should designate some kid in the audience as the "first-person" shooter? It writes itself.
That's the point...we are all recruits in Heroes Duty...on the troop transport to the Game Grid...It really does write itself and would be a very fun attraction... A Jane Lynch AA would be freaking hilarious! They could leave all the existing seating and configuration...and....the best part, we now have a thematic bridge to Tomorrowland and video gaming with Tron...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
That's the point...we are all recruits in Heroes Duty...on the troop transport to the Game Grid...It really does write itself and would be a very fun attraction... A Jane Lynch AA would be freaking hilarious! They could leave all the existing seating and configuration...and....the best part, we now have a thematic bridge to Tomorrowland and video gaming with Tron...

Anything to unify the land is a plus, IMO. Disney needs to get on it! Of course if they were really wanting thematic bridges; a Sugar Rush Speedway would bridge the themes from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, well more so than a Tron overlay. Both "should" be a shoo-in. Yet here we are waiting for something(s) when this IP is a perfect two-birds-one stone fixer!

Last edited:

hauntology

Anything to unify the land is a plus, IMO. Disney needs to get on it! Of course if they were really wanting thematic bridges; a Sugar Rush Speedway would bridge the themes from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, well more so than a Tron overlay. Both "should" be a shoo-in. Yet here we are waiting for something(s) when this IP is a perfect two-birds-one stone fixer!

This is the best idea I've heard--I would LOVE this.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Ah yes. Because nothing says “tomorrow” like a mid 2000s arcade racer.

Annex it into Fantasyland with the Speedway's theme transitioning from Sugar Rush to Hero's Duty nearer the Tomorrowland side to keep it kosher. Or develop a new transitional hub area "The Digital Realm" or "The Grid" etc, where guests can either queue up for this, enlist in the Hero's Duty: Troop Transport or gear up for Tron. The idea seems pretty solid to me and I'm usually against IP inclusion. The visual transitions alone should sell it.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Annex it into Fantasyland with the Speedway's theme transitions from Sugar Rush to Hero's Duty nearer to the Tomorrowland side to keep it kosher. Or develop a new transitional hub area "The Digital Realm" or "The Grid" etc, where guests can either queue up for this, enlist in the Hero's Duty: Troop Transport or gear up for Tron. The idea seems pretty solid to me and I'm usually against IP inclusion. The visual transitions alone should sell it.
I don’t know, there’s something about the aesthetic of Wreck it Ralph that I absolutely hate. I love the film, probably my favourite of the modern films, but I just don’t think it should have a significant place in the parks.

hauntology

I don’t know, there’s something about the aesthetic of Wreck it Ralph that I absolutely hate. I love the film, probably my favourite of the modern films, but I just don’t think it should have a significant place in the parks.

it's an aesthetic that's all over the place, maybe? that's why i find it hard to integrate into the parks, and only a few of the characters are "futuristic" on their own accord.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
it's an aesthetic that's all over the place, maybe? that's why i find it hard to integrate into the parks, and only a few of the characters are "futuristic" on their own accord.
I always felt SW had that futuristic feel with droids and star ships going light speed. Ironically it takes place a long time ago not in the future. I know a lot of DL purists dislike Star Tours in Tomorrowland but I think for IP it fits better than most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom