Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bocabear

And to be fair, the spot is being utilized for something. It's M&G, but I'll take that over the ride any day. There are other better attractions that have been abandoned in the parks with no care for them. (DL's Peoplemover)
M&Gs are the bane of the modern theme park...Lazy and cheap...As much as I disliked the Stitch attraction itr is ALWAYS better to have an attraction than a crappy meet and greet!!

mikejs78

Premium Member
M&Gs are the bane of the modern theme park...Lazy and cheap...As much as I disliked the Stitch attraction itr is ALWAYS better to have an attraction than a crappy meet and greet!!
Normally I would agree, but in this one case I don't. Stitch is the absolute worst attraction ever to come out of Disney Imagineering. MK would be better demoing the building and replacing it with asphalt than keeping it open, so a M&G is at least a step up from that until they figure out what to do with the space.

Disney Maddux

Normally I would agree, but in this one case I don't. Stitch is the absolute worst attraction ever to come out of Disney Imagineering. MK would be better demoing the building and replacing it with asphalt than keeping it open, so a M&G is at least a step up from that until they figure out what to do with the space.
I loved Stitch’s Great Escape and found it to be a great and underrated atraction. Don’t kill me pls

geekza

Agreed, the problem is that they're extremely popular and Disney can sell a crapload of signature books and pens at extraordinary prices
Yeah, as much as I hate the fact that space that could be used for actual attractions is being used for M&G, I'm sure the current situation is a response to Katiebugs who complained that they paid a lot of money and should be guaranteed that their "Princess" can meet Mickey or Elsa. While I preferred the moment of surprise when a character would show up in the park, there are lots of people who just want that picture with a specific character and don't mind spending a half-hour out of their day to wait for one. I can't blame Disney for providing it.

Cesar R M

MGMT continues to amaze me..... I get closing this attraction to seasonal. I dont get removing it until something else is actually planned and in the works.

This section of the park needs capacity even if this ride is horrible which I felt it was just meh it should have stayed open to balance the lines out.

Another fail for out great MGMT team

Those bonuses dont pay themselves.

The Pho

It wasn't anywhere near that bad. It was an easily enjoyable, but somewhat lacking experience.

rle4lunch

Actually I heard a lot of very good response to that one...the old tires ride was extremely hard to manipulate but kinda fun if you could get it going...

Yep. We were stationed in so cal for 5 years and we able to go to DL half a dozen times a year. The flying tires were something you had to ride a few times before you enjoyed it. Once you got the hang of it, you could jump on and go knock people around.

To be fair tho, the dancing cars were a HUGE hit with our toddler at the time.

rd805

At least you can say that you "experienced" it! It wasn't around for very long!

That may be why I look back with positive memories....
I was there maybe a week or two after the park opened, and the lines overall were super short but i remember walking on and off this one over and over again. I was probably 12 though....so, hold judgement haha!

geekza

That may be why I look back with positive memories....
I was there maybe a week or two after the park opened, and the lines overall were super short but i remember walking on and off this one over and over again. I was probably 12 though....so, hold judgement haha!
To be honest, I would have like to have ridden in simply because I guarantee it would be your only chance to see Drew Carey, Whoopi Goldberg and Regis Philbin as robots. The weirdness factor alone made it a fascinating misfire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom