Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Kman101

I'd take Stitch in the Tiki Room if it meant keeping it fairly intact. I think Moana deserves more than shoehorned into the Tiki Room (if that's actually what occurs, I don't know that we know either way at this point) but I'd also *maybe* be open to Moana being added to the Tiki Room if they integrate the birds and other things, it *could* work, but it's all in the execution. I don't mind UP going into Flights of Wonder but it's a shame two good IPs get shoehorned into shows. (And again, no one has confirmed Moana replacing the Tiki Room, as far as I know, but it's possible I missed that tidbit)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/stitchs-great-escape/ landing page has been updated to reflect that Stitch's closure is now "officially" temporary. The change to the site shows "Stitch's Great Escape! - Temporarily Closed" in the header. The operational calendar shows it closure for the unseeable future but Disney's not discounting the idea of opening it up again during the busy season per our insiders. At least we now know with 100% certainty, that in an official capacity, the attraction is only "temporarily" closed.

A truly craptastic bit of info this coldass'd morning.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/stitchs-great-escape/ landing page has been updated to reflect that Stitch's closure is now "officially" temporary. The change to the site shows " - Temporary Closed" in the header. The operational calendar shows it closure for the unseeable future but Disney's not discounting the idea of opening it up again during the busy season per our insiders. At least we now know with 100% certainty, that in an official capacity, the attraction is "temporarily" closed.

20K is still temporarily closed. They’ll refill the lagoon any day, now. I can feel it.

Bocabear

I wish they would just move the animatronic figures into the static show scenes on the People mover...What if Stitch were causing mischief with the beauty parlor robots or the traffic control system? Seems like a no brainer....
Stitch Peoplemover1.jpg

discos

The https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/stitchs-great-escape/ landing page has been updated to reflect that Stitch's closure is now "officially" temporary. The change to the site shows " - Temporary Closed" in the header. The operational calendar shows it closure for the unseeable future but Disney's not discounting the idea of opening it up again during the busy season per our insiders. At least we now know with 100% certainty, that in an official capacity, the attraction is "temporarily" closed.

When I rode the train yesterday the Stitch narration was removed when passing through Tomorrowland, compared to when I rode in Nov while Stitch was still closed but the narration on the train could still be heard.

WDWTank

Tomorrowland Transit Authority needs the sci-fi narration back.
Also, I’m wondering if Stitch’s temporary closure reflects a conversion back to Alien Encounter, since both used the same infrastructure.

FrankLapidus

Tomorrowland Transit Authority needs the sci-fi narration back.
Also, I’m wondering if Stitch’s temporary closure reflects a conversion back to Alien Encounter, since both used the same infrastructure.

We will never see Alien Encounter, or an attraction like it, at WDW again. Which is unfortunate IMO but Disney will never go back down the thematic route they took with Alien Encounter, not after the uproar that the attraction prompted.

seabreezept813

Same type of story here. Only a couple years earlier and 1 year younger. I don't remember being that scared. I knew it was pretend and I think I was aware going into it that it was a little more intense. I don't recall if my awareness of its nature came by word of mouth and/or if it was the signs. I can see how if you took a toddler or sensitive elementary school kids in there, it could be a problem but it was pretty obvious it was an attraction intended for older children, teens, and adults. Not quite Splash Mountain you might get wet obvious, but still pretty obvious to anyone remotely paying attention to their surroundings.

I went on it once and don’t remember it being that bad.. the preshow was the only part that seemed off..

Ultimately parents should plan for Disney. Guides like the unofficial give great info about scare factors and even pouring over that and having been to Disney several times, I wasn’t prepared for what would throw my stepdaughter off when she was 7. Our solution was to just reassure her that it was just disney magic, which seemed to work well.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
We will never see Alien Encounter, or an attraction like it, at WDW again. Which is unfortunate IMO but Disney will never go back down the thematic route they took with Alien Encounter, not after the uproar that the attraction prompted.

Thems big words. Hope you're wrong. I think the attraction type itself is a great concept. I wouldn't mind seeing a similar attraction in WDW. If you're referring to the horror aspect.. yeah that, that would only work in HS nowadays. Seeing as how it WAS a proven success, just deemed "too scary" I wouldn't discount it's return. Maybe not A.E. but something similar being born from it's ashes could happen, hypothetically.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom