Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

startraveler

Any chance the People Mover might be made wheelchair accessible say with an elevator? I've really missed that relaxing ride. Haven't done it since I could be carried up the escalator - maybe about 10-12. So at least 20 some years.
Looking to balance out some lost rides when Ellen goes roller coaster and Haunted Mansion transfer is getting might hard. :) And I'm thinking the new mickey ride might require a transfer like the penguin ride at SeaWorld.
My understanding is the both of the Avatar rides will require a transfer from a wheelchair. Must mean there is a drop of some kind. Waiting for some feedback from the previews on how hard the transfer will be. Still wondering about the Star Wars transfers. Will have to wait a while for that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any chance the People Mover might be made wheelchair accessible say with an elevator? I've really missed that relaxing ride. Haven't done it since I could be carried up the escalator - maybe about 10-12. So at least 20 some years.
Looking to balance out some lost rides when Ellen goes roller coaster and Haunted Mansion transfer is getting might hard. :) And I'm thinking the new mickey ride might require a transfer like the penguin ride at SeaWorld.
My understanding is the both of the Avatar rides will require a transfer from a wheelchair. Must mean there is a drop of some kind. Waiting for some feedback from the previews on how hard the transfer will be. Still wondering about the Star Wars transfers. Will have to wait a while for that.

Not that I'm aware of. It'll still need a transfer into the car. I'm not up to speed with this, but can't chairs go up the speed ramp?

The Mickey ride should have a dedicated chair loading station.

startraveler

Thanks for the quick reply. Disney's posted "must be ambulatory" rides has People Mover as well as Tom Sawyer, Treehouse and Peter Pan. Good to hear that MIckey can load a chair. Not complaining. Transferring gets tiring.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Disney's posted "must be ambulatory" rides has People Mover as well as Tom Sawyer, Treehouse and Peter Pan. Good to hear that MIckey can load a chair. Not complaining. Transferring gets tiring.
Let me clarify though... Mickey should have a dedicated chair loading area. If this is to put a chair onboard or to give as much time as needed to transfer I don't know.

aladdin2007

Im against the name change, but for everything else so far.... Since the monsters inc dark ride is going bye bye at DCA (last I heard anyway, is that still happening?) would they ever consider bringing it here to replace the laugh floor or buzz? I mean yes that costs to ship scenes and parts and vehicles etc, but at the same time it could implemented with a redesign of the current space.

Goob

I loathe the Discoveryland change. A. There's absolutely no reason to change it to that and B. Every land is basically a "Discoveryland." What is the point here? Tomorrowland is arguably the most noticeable and entrenched "Disney things" in pop culture.

Dumb dumb dumb idea. It would have to pretty dadgum original and worth it for me to accept it. I guess they have some pretty special things in store.

HMF

I loathe the Discoveryland change. A. There's absolutely no reason to change it to that and B. Every land is basically a "Discoveryland." What is the point here? Tomorrowland is arguably the most noticeable and entrenched "Disney things" in pop culture.

Dumb dumb dumb idea. It would have to pretty dadgum original and worth it for me to accept it. I guess they have some pretty special things in store.
The namechange is dumb but other than that, I am actually very optimistic about this. Barring they somehow screw it up and judging by what's happened at CoP they probably won't. this is something very exciting to look forward to.

clemmo

The namechange is dumb but other than that, I am actually very optimistic about this. Barring they somehow screw it up and judging by what's happened at CoP they probably won't. this is something very exciting to look forward to.
Are we sure the name change is happening? From what it sounded like above its not being renamed but possibly up to 3 new attractions including removal of speedway, stitch, and maybe buzz. I hope it stays tomorrowland though

aladdin2007

Are we sure the name change is happening? From what it sounded like above its not being renamed but possibly up to 3 new attractions including removal of speedway, stitch, and maybe buzz. I hope it stays tomorrowland though

marni I believe said the name change is "proposed" not concrete.

correction, was referring to something else sorry now that I went back and reread posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom