Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

HMF

The Peoplemover seems like such an easy ride to keep around. I'm sure budget cutters would like to cut the staffing and maintenance but it can't really be that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I would hate to see it ever go.
Trust me after the disaster that was Rocket Rods they will never touch WDW's Peoplemover.

HMF

I doubt they cars will look different. There again they may match the asthetics of the new land.
So when and how much is TL changing and yes this actually does sound exciting unlike Epcot and I really hope new Peoplemover narration is in the plans.

Capsin4

Intimi
Just thought I'd rehash an older discussion about Alien Encounter (and the Frozen show and Mission:Space since it's sort of relevant here).

Has anyone ever heard of Intimidator 305, Kawasemi and Skyrush? If you're in the wider amusement park/coaster fan communities you probably know them. Those rides are the darlings of certain "hardcore" coaster people. All designed and built by the same manufacturer. Fans that prefer rides like those GROAN LOUDLY when parks announce rides from other companies, and say "why can't we have Intimidator 305 or a Megalite or Skyrush" because those are some of the most highly regarded coasters in the industry. But I've visited the parks that have those rides on multiple occasions, and those are not popular rides. They're too extreme. Each of them enjoy a poor reputation among much of the normal populace. They're very good rides (well actually I don't care for Skyrush or I305 to be honest- too extreme, I'll take Fury and Mako), but normal guests either don't ride them due to their reputation or they get off the ride and say "I hated that, never riding it again". I don't know if those parks regret the decision to build those specific rides, but at all 3 parks I saw huge lines for other attractions while those big new "extreme" coasters were largely ignored. I think Alien Encounter was an excellent concept. Execution could have used some work, but the placement was horrid. Magic Kingdom isn't the appropriate venue. The reason I brought up those extreme coasters is that fans may consider them to be great experiences, but in the end if typical guests don't connect with the ride then it's not going to last. Alien Encounter (though whatever channels) had a bad rap, and was consistently one of the lowest rated/most complained about attractions in the park.

I totally understand the complaint that parents are idiots. I see terrified kids boarding rides they have no business riding all over the place. But those rides are still here, and Alien Encounter is gone. There's a reason for it. Dumb parents may be the reason but that seemed to be a big enough reason to re-do the attraction as unfortunate as that may be. As far as popularity, I did not oversee that attraction (it was gone by the time I moved to that location), but any hold overs from Alien Encounter on the front lines and along side me elsewhere agreed that it wasn't very popular. I never waited in any sort of line for it as a guest though my visits obviously aren't much of a gauge.
Intimidator is horrible and the restraints are very uncomfortable. Too many Gs for many people too.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

It won't be. But it could have theming elements it doesn't currently have.
0410+PI+042.jpg

Like this?

Haymarket2008

https://twitter.com/carouselof/status/850750143896879107

Carousel of Progress on twitter says Tomorrowland will get a new name. Discoveryland.

3 or 4 new attractions

A tron attraction is one of them but not the coaster. The coaster is being considered as a last resort.

New area lighting.

New BGM

Apart from the name change, of which I am against for purely nostalgic reasons, this all sounds really good. All of this plus a Carousel of Progress refurb is pretty fantastic.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

Carousel of Progress on twitter says Tomorrowland will get a new name. Discoveryland.

3 or 4 new attractions

A tron attraction is one of them but not the coaster. The coaster is being considered as a last resort.

New area lighting.

New BGM
3 or 4 new attractions...
Guessing taking over for Speedway and SGE, where is the 3rd or 4th going? Or could Speedway get multiple attractions built out on that area @marni1971

Kman101

3 or 4 new attractions

New area lighting.

New BGM

Thanks for sharing their info. Pretty sure they either work on or is a manager of some sort at Carousel.

I think most of us deduced it would be Discoveryland.

3 or 4 NEW attractions though? That has to mean replacing Stitch, Buzz, Laugh Floor and Speedway. Or three of them and an addition.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing their info. Pretty sure they either work on or is a manager of some sort at Carousel.

I think most of us deduced it would be Discoveryland.

3 or 4 NEW attractions though? That has to mean replacing Stitch, Buzz, Laugh Floor and Speedway. Or three of them and an addition.
Or Speedway gets 2 built over the land? I'm with you on Buzz and Stitch, but Laugh Floor I thought someone said is safe for now. Still exciting, right?

Kman101

Or Speedway gets 2 built over the land? I'm with you on Buzz and Stitch, but Laugh Floor I thought someone said is safe for now. Still exciting, right?

I'd prefer Laugh Floor to stay even if it doesn't really fit. Personally I'd have preferred Laugh Floor moved to DHS in Monstropolis along with the Door Coaster ... but that's me. It's been said Laugh Floor was safe, but who knows? It's time for Buzz to go. I know many like it but you can go to the other castle parks for Buzz, unless they replace him elsewhere too. Is Buzz on the chopping block? They have to be eyeing that ride system, unless they gut it.

Daveeeeed

For me, 3 or 4 attractions means a Buzz overhaul (either keeping the theme or just giving it a much needed update), putting a B or C ticket on the speedway also with an E-ticket, and replacing Stitch with a C or D.

I just really hope Space Mountain will be updated and they add far superior landscaping to the land.

Come to think of it... I wonder if Tron could replace Stitch. Think about it... stationary Light Cycles.:D

Daveeeeed

I'd prefer Laugh Floor to stay even if it doesn't really fit. Personally I'd have preferred Laugh Floor moved to DHS in Monstropolis along with the Door Coaster ... but that's me. It's been said Laugh Floor was safe, but who knows? It's time for Buzz to go. I know many like it but you can go to the other castle parks for Buzz, unless they replace him elsewhere too. Is Buzz on the chopping block? They have to be eyeing that ride system, unless they gut it.
Since there is soon to be a Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios it would make sense to retheme it, but it is a decent ride, so for me just updating it would be satisfying. It's a good fit for the land's current more Alienesque theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom