Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

orky8

@marni1971 - "It has legs."
@Magic Feather - "...this ride will be sweet!"
Ok, you guys have me taking every word literally.
It's obviously the Mad Adventures of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man!

Or Sugar Rush... (eta with a little bit of Hero's Duty bugs -- lots of legs)

Based on the reference to HB 641, seems like Wreck it Ralph, though I don't see how that statute would be applicable here.

rnese

I was waiting to get through the whole thread before typing this. Speedway is such a HUGE WASTE OF SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is. It could be better utilized. Build over top of it. Part of the track can be in essence inside then construct an attraction on what would be the "2nd floor".

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Isn't that the one about redemptive credits from amusement games? Who's running an arcade in an attraction?

Oh.
I still don't see what that has to do with this.
dontknow.gif

V_L_Raptor

I still don't see what that has to do with this.
dontknow.gif

It's also got some stuff about licensing amusement machines overall, I think.

If the attraction is just a movie with some arcade game references, that's one thing. If, however, it's an interactive attraction...

doctornick

Think Despicable Me

Yes, two theaters are used, and will be used

I'd hope it would be more motion simulator and less straightforward 4D show. If it is indeed based on WIR, it would make more sense for the setting (in TL) to be based on Hero's Duty or a new/different sci-fi "game" as opposed to Sugar Rush but it sounds like they might be using that game as the setting.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, do you have any idea when we might see some official word?
We need to keep in mind that (to my knowledge) this project has not been green lit HOWEVER, WDI is already putting significant resources into this project and I would say is well on track to be green lit. This should be a relatively quick turnaround. Around 1.5 years max (presuming no delays). I'd say expect an announcement about a month after approval and a stitch shut Down in 3 months with a reopen in a year ish, probably to be completed between 2018 and 2021

articos

We need to keep in mind that (to my knowledge) this project has not been green lit HOWEVER, WDI is already putting significant resources into this project and I would say is well on track to be green lit. This should be a relatively quick turnaround. Around 1.5 years max (presuming no delays). I'd say expect an announcement about a month after approval and a stitch shut Down in 3 months with a reopen in a year ish, probably to be completed between 2018 and 2021
More 2018, less 2021. Sunglasses @marni1971? :D

britain

Any sufficiently unique game system I think could justify being in Tomorrowland simply by virtue of being "electronic gaming that will be used in the future".

Heck, the game could be something in the old west, but if it's advanced VR, it could fit in Tomorrowland. So I wouldn't care if it's sugar rush.

britain

(Of course, if it's so advanced that you can't tell it's VR, then I suppose the theme of the game itself would matter. But technologically speaking we are not there yet.)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom