Stitch's Great Escape Goes Seasonal

Sharon&Susan

I don’t mind shoehorning an attraction into a land (See POTC at DL and Splash Mountain at WDW), but Wreck it Ralph doesn’t fit Tomorrowland at all unless if you count any technology made in the last 40 years as “futuristic” At least it’s not as bad as Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor or Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage!

Bender123

Tron was never about the internet. It's always been a single computer (in the original, a company's mainframe) with hundreds of programs running at once.

Even Tron: Legacy had the mainframe disconnected from the internet.

But it could easily be reconfigured. Disney doesn't shy away from adjusting context for theme park attractions.

If the next Ralph movie doesn't have a walk through cameo by an animated Jeff Bridges , I will be very cross...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don’t mind shoehorning an attraction into a land (See POTC at DL and Splash Mountain at WDW), but Wreck it Ralph doesn’t fit Tomorrowland at all unless if you count any technology made in the last 40 years as “futuristic” At least it’s not as bad as Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor or Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage!

Same could be said for Tron.

Herah

Clickbait is now claiming wreck it Ralph is coming back without the VR aspect
No, their article clearly states that their rumor is WiR without VR. The VR part was ruled out by Iger. And supposedly, there will be a WiR VR at The Void, but not in the MK attraction.

@MisterPenguin , I'm not picking up on the difference?

I think the point is WiR back on the table, not so much the VR.

CoasterSnoop

To each their own of course .. but it is a fact that MKs overall satisfaction numbers are lower on days Stitch is open ...

It's also a fact that attendance in MK is rising and it has gotten so dramatic this past year complaints concerning overcrowding have become plentiful. SGE, as pitiful an attraction it is, is still an attraction that people can go into. It reopening wouldn't magically solve the overcrowding situation in MK, but every little bit counts. I'd rather it be open, or it be closed for construction on a replacement, instead of a functioning, ready-to-go attraction sitting there collecting dust in limited operation when there are no solid plans (as far as we know) to replace it and there haven't been since VR Ralph fell through over a year ago.

I may or may not have a soft spot for the thing, too.

Purduevian

Theoretically - in the space that Stitch takes up is there any top major ride in Orlando that is of high quality in that amount of space - as a comparable example?

Stitch is ~18,400 square ft (including preshows and both theaters).
Notable attractions with smallish footprints:
Winnie the Pooh: 22,800 sq ft
Philharmagic: 15,900 sq ft
PeterPan: 13,500 sq ft
Mission Space: 40,300 sq ft (but includes 4 separate centrifuges and a post show area)
Star tours: 30,500 sq ft (But I think has 6 simulators?)
Primeval Whirl: 28,000 square ft (includes 2 complete coasters)
The Simpson's Ride: 25,000 sq ft (includes 2 theaters)
You are pretty much looking at a show (simulator or not) or a small dark ride.

Personally I wouldn't mind turning it into a signature tomorrowland restaurant allowing them to close down Tomorrowland Terrace. Split the Terrace land in half. Front half, figure out how many people you can pack into a multistory dessert shop for fireworks viewing (themed to main street USA. Back half, combine with Laugh Floor to create a new epic tomorrowland ride that can expand out to where the Main street theater was going to go.

Kman101

Any chance WIR ends up in Future World instead? Tomorrowland seems the most likely of course. Just wondering if it was ever considered.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It has almost double the numbers to a few of it's other parks. So ummmm NO, it doesn't need less attractions.

It doesn't have double the numbers of attendance of the other three parks.

The MK has 20.5 million people going on 25 rides. The other three parks have 35.5 million people going on 23 rides.

The other parks need the rides more. And when that happens, MK will be less crowded.

FerretAfros

It needs less attractions and the other three parks need more attractions.
tumblr_inline_n3ghj9J3u91qcklud.gif

This isn't an either/or situation. All of WDW is painfully underbuilt for the level of crowds that it gets these days (and has gotten for years). MK needs more attractions to soak up the crowds, and the other parks desperately need more attractions to soak up and distribute the crowds more evenly.

If in doubt, just look at wait times for similar attraction in MK and DL; DL's will almost always be shorter (often considerably shorter) despite relatively similar crowd levels (MK's annual attendance is skewed by it's constant upcharge "parties") because DL simply has more to do. At MK, nearly anything that could be considered an "attraction" (a term that WDW plays fast-and-loose with) boasts wait times at least 30-45 minutes. At DL, only the big E-tickets demand those sorts of waits.

Yes, the other 3 parks are in even worse shape. But that doesn't mean that MK is where it needs to be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
tumblr_inline_n3ghj9J3u91qcklud.gif

This isn't an either/or situation. All of WDW is painfully underbuilt for the level of crowds that it gets these days (and has gotten for years). MK needs more attractions to soak up the crowds, and the other parks desperately need more attractions to soak up and distribute the crowds more evenly.

If in doubt, just look at wait times for similar attraction in MK and DL; DL's will almost always be shorter (often considerably shorter) despite relatively similar crowd levels (MK's annual attendance is skewed by it's constant upcharge "parties") because DL simply has more to do. At MK, nearly anything that could be considered an "attraction" (a term that WDW plays fast-and-loose with) boasts wait times at least 30-45 minutes. At DL, only the big E-tickets demand those sorts of waits.

Yes, the other 3 parks are in even worse shape. But that doesn't mean that MK is where it needs to be.

MK is at its tipping point with attractions and infrastructure. There are 5 million more people per year visiting MK now than a decade ago. A new ride is likely to bring in more people than that ride can handle in one day which makes the problem worse. MK needs boring expansions like more wide open spaces, an alternative to the fireworks (since the hub is full) or a new viewing area (sig link in my sig below). The now-cancelled theater would have been perfect if it could have drawn 5,000 people into an evening show while HEA was happening.

Last thing MK needs is new and improved rides... until the other three parks catch up and are just as powerful attractors of guests as the MK. MK is doing just fine as it is. Just needs really good maintenance.

Last edited:

DarleneBurrows

MK is at its tipping point with attractions and infrastructure. There are 3 million more people per year visiting MK now than a decade ago. A new ride is likely to bring in more people than that ride can handle in one day which makes the problem worse. MK needs boring expansions like more wide open spaces, an alternative to the fireworks (since the hub is full) or a new viewing area (sig link in my sig below). The now-cancelled theater would have been perfect if it could have drawn 5,000 people into an evening show while HEA was happening.

Last thing MK needs is new and improved rides... until the other three parks catch up and are just as powerful attractors of guests as the MK. MK is doing just fine as it is. Just needs really good maintenance.

That's a first. A poster actually advocating no new attractions in a park that is vastly overcrowded.

I understand your theory - namely, make the other parks better, thus there will be less crowds at Magic Kingdom. But Magic Kingdom will always be the big one for many - so i don't quite go along with your theory.

There are some 20 plus rides/attractions at the MK - but come on how many of them are big E-ticket attractions? The Tron will be the first big new attraction the park has had in many a time. Furthermore the vast majority of these 20 plus attractions are hardly people eaters (Dumbo, etc).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom