Stitch's Great Escape a question??

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
2 questions that came up with all these rumors that poor little old me can't handle and needs some answers so i went to my friends that work at disney and they know as much as me so i come here to my forum friends to make a right out of a mess.

1) what is the name of this ride now is it still great escape or stitch encounter wasn't stitch's great escape confermed?

2) i am going in august as some on this forum already know is it true of what i heard along w/ a few employees that the opening is set for sometime in September of this year and that all of us whom go in august might be able to ride it in previews?

thanks a bunch much disney love to all whom read or answer:wave:

dxwwf3

1) Stitch's Great Escape seems to be the official name
(Even though it's not TECHNICALLY "Stitch" :) )

2) From what we've been hearing it should be open in some form
(either Soft or Regular) during your visit. I hope at least you
enjoy it because I don't plan on seeing it :lol:

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
i will b/c i always will be a stitch fan first stitch (my stuff version that is) is like my brother and part of my ohana.
but that is nothing aganist AEC it will always remain a classic in my book and i will still scare the ________ out of people w/ my version i do in my basement from time to time. :lol:
but thanks for the info

Bill

Account Suspended
Stitch's Great Escape! seems to be the official name. Though I've been seeing ESCAPE written in all caps a lot lately.

All major construction is done now, only cosmetic work and the line cue are still being worked on.

Soft openings in late May or Mid June. :)

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Bill
All major construction is done now, only cosmetic work and the line cue are still being worked on.

Yes now after that all that is left is for all the Imagineers to gather up anything left over from Alien Encounter and to put it into a pile. And then they can just let me pick it up when I'm down there in June.
:animwink:

Skippy

Originally posted by dxwwf3
And then they can just let me pick it up when I'm down there in June.
:animwink:

darnit, hope there's enough to share between all of us......I GET THE SKIPPY STUFF!

SkipKid

Bill

Account Suspended
Skippy is still in the attraction, so I don't think there is any Skippy stuff to give away. lol

dxwwf3

Originally posted by SkipKid
darnit, hope there's enough to share between all of us......I GET THE SKIPPY STUFF!

SkipKid

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just hope they haven't destroyed alot of the stuff by now.

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
well this is all great to here about stitch being open hopefully when i go down but it is still said to hear about Alien encounter even though Skippy and SIR are still going to be in the preshow area so and the seating area and main show concept are going to be similar its not a complete lose but i will miss alien encounter but i am glad that lilo and stitch has a ride the only problem imho it belongs at mgm.

dizneeboy

Hmm..I was really excited to hear there was a very small chance for soft openings in June, but late May is the earliest date I've heard yet. Wow.

dxwwf3, love the avatar also. Is it just me, or does the alien almost look like a mutated Figment :)

Speaking of similarities, skippy kinda reminds me of Stich's lazy cousin who likes sandwiches. If this wasn't a prequal to the movie, maybe they could have used that character (forgot his name). I'm glad they didn't though...gotta love skippy!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by dizneeboy
dxwwf3, love the avatar also. Is it just me, or does the alien almost look like a mutated Figment :)

Yes he certainly did! Sorta the antithesis of Figment as well.

JEDI1138

Stitch's Great Escape! seems to be the official name. Though I've been seeing ESCAPE written in all caps a lot lately.

Well, when I walked around in there last week, I don't see it opening any time soon, especially without the animatronics installed. the only thing open is the Gift shop, and it's not finised yet.

PM me if you have questions.

SirGoofy

Originally posted by dizneeboy

I never really got a good look at the alien befor, but after lookin at the avatar it does kinda look like Figment. That makes me even more angry that they closed the attraction.

DarkMeasures

I think I found a soon to be pattern.

Tom Morrow - Preshow host of Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars

SIR - Preshow host of Alien Encounter and Stitch....

Anyone find it weird that in 33 years, that one building has hosted 4 attractions?

dxwwf3

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
SIR - Preshow host of Alien Encounter and Stitch....

Actually I believe that S.I.R. has been dismantled for parts (according to Bill) so I would have to guess that he will not host the 2nd preshow to SGE. And I still find it hard to believe that the character of Skippy will return in SGE. I'm sure it will be a totally new character with the same animatronic.

WDWhumanmap

Original Poster
they both do return as like a securtiy information help b/c we are supose to be security in helping gantu keep stitch in the cylinder its very similar in plot in a way to alien except sorry to tell ya there is no man eating alien here just an nutty hyperactive evil genius experiment 626 :sohappy: for stitch but still :cry: for alien encounter

dmagickingdom

I have little to no information on the Stitch attraction...Does anyone have any rumors or photos or anything regarding this attraction??? I know it's pretty much going to be the same layout as AE (RIP) but any idea of the storyline behind it yet???

(i didn't see the above post before...sorry)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom