Stitch Stage Show Update (4/1/09)

hardcard

Original Poster
Went out to MK for my birthday today... Got my free 75 bucks, and rode a few things with the family.. The stage set up for stitch is coming along well... Today (after the rains) there were work crewes installing the large video display (LED) screen on the rear of the stage.... looked like pretty 'easy' work ...

interesting the way these big displays work... just a bunch of small displays connected to each other if you didn't know that...... really nifty..

TheDisneyMagic

Happy Birthday for yesturday :sohappy:

Were you lucky enough to get any photos of the screen being installed that you can share with us?

hardcard

Original Poster
Happy Birthday for yesturday :sohappy:

Were you lucky enough to get any photos of the screen being installed that you can share with us?

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Ye ask, and ye shall receive..

3406499751_61b2196831_b.jpg

DizneyPryncess

Happy Birthday! Glad you got to celebrate in the parks. :wave:
Thanks for the photo - the stage is coming along!
I'm very alone on this, but I am excited to see what the show is like. I'm a big fan of Stitch, but I don't like his current attraction so much.

jonnyc

Hopefully this will be Stitch's last hoorar.

I can see it now, an angry alien comes to earth to claim back his attraction, leaving Skippy to have his own musical in this stage area.

jt04

I was worried about the scale of this but actually it works with the scale of the astro orbiters/tta complex. I'm starting to "get it". The architecture that is, not the stitch craze.

SoccerMickey

At least they're still not including him on the merchandise alongside the Fab 5 characters like they were a few years ago. Although for the 2009 logo I don't understand why Nemo and Buzz Lightyear are the logo instead of Minnie

D23

I don't love stitch, nor do I loathe him. I just wish they would use him better in marketing than trying to shove it down to ppl.

Anyways....we are going to WDW in June-July...is this set to be open by then?

MissM

Here's a shot from Thursday afternoon. They were actively installing and the crane was visible from the ground as well as really good vantage from the TTA.

april0209-stitchstage.jpg

edit to add Here's the opposite view:

april0209-stitchstage2.jpg

Thorphin

Big yes, but it does seem to be looking less like a sore thumb now that it's more than just a big gray box. Is it just me or are they making really quick progress on this? I wonder what their target opening date is (other than spring, of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom