Sticky Shoes at Ice Station Cool

SirNim

Original Poster
You all love it. It's one of the greatest places in Epcot - it's ICE STATION COOL! It's one of the few places in WDW where you can actually get something for FREE! In this case, you get as much free soda as your stomach can handle. But there is a problem with this place. Alas, whenever you go into it, you come out with your shoe bottoms all sticky and sticking to the pavement of Epcot. All that soda spilled on the floor is the reason for this. To combat this sticky situation, take my advice:

As soon as you exit Ice Station Cool, you should immediately come across a small drinking water fountain. Well, what you do is this: Take your hands and cup them together as if you were brushing your teeth. Have a friend turn the water fountain on, and put your cupped hands underneath the cool water. Now, take that water in your cupped palms and drop it onto the pavement. Repeat the process two or three more times until you have a small water puddle on the ground in front of you. All you have to do is step in that little bit of water, drag your shoes around a little bit in it, then VOILA! Your shoes aren't sticky anymore!

:D

This has been a Walt Disney World® tip from SirNim®!

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by SirNim
You all love it. It's one of the greatest places in Epcot - it's ICE STATION COOL! It's one of the few places in WDW where you can actually get something for FREE! In this case, you get as much free soda as your stomach can handle. But there is a problem with this place. Alas, whenever you go into it, you come out with your shoe bottoms all sticky and sticking to the pavement of Epcot. All that soda spilled on the floor is the reason for this. To combat this sticky situation, take my advice:

As soon as you exit Ice Station Cool, you should immediately come across a small drinking water fountain. Well, what you do is this: Take your hands and cup them together as if you were brushing your teeth. Have a friend turn the water fountain on, and put your cupped hands underneath the cool water. Now, take that water in your cupped palms and drop it onto the pavement. Repeat the process two or three more times until you have a small water puddle on the ground in front of you. All you have to do is step in that little bit of water, drag your shoes around a little bit in it, then VOILA! Your shoes aren't sticky anymore!

:D

This has been a Walt Disney World® tip from SirNim®!

That sounds like a waste of water. The stickiness generally doesn't bother me. After walking around for about 15 mins or so, the stickiness you speak of is gone.

raven

Originally posted by SirNim
As soon as you exit Ice Station Cool, you should immediately come across a small drinking water fountain. Well, what you do is this: Take your hands and cup them together as if you were brushing your teeth. Have a friend turn the water fountain on, and put your cupped hands underneath the cool water. Now, take that water in your cupped palms and drop it onto the pavement. Repeat the process two or three more times until you have a small water puddle on the ground in front of you. All you have to do is step in that little bit of water, drag your shoes around a little bit in it, then VOILA! Your shoes aren't sticky anymore!This has been a Walt Disney World® tip from SirNim®!

Wow, a lifesaver indeed. Thanks for the tip. I would have never in the world thought to do this simple trick. But thanks to you (who has way too much time on their hands), you cleared it all up for me!

:D Only kidding. But sticky shoes always wear off after walking around.

CheshireCatStar

Or if you're alone, you could always take a cup with you from Ice Station Cool, and do the same trick by yourself :)

Just use the cup to drop some water onto the pavement.

Maria

...or go all the way around to the entrance and then ask if you could just step on the ice and come back out the same way! :lol:

Thank you Nimmy! :kiss:

StevenT

Worried about getting your feet sticky? Walk around on your hands :)

But seriously, washing your shoes off isn't a bad trick if someone spilled a mass amount of soda. Good tip

SirNim

Original Poster
:lol:

Whenever I walk out of there, I have sticky shoes! And they bother me! So, I spot a source of water right by the exit, just throw a little on the ground, dance around in the minute puddle, and enjoy the rest of the day sticky-shoes free! :) :lol:

I suppose you could go and fool around with the ice and snow in the walkway... but then you'd just have to walk over the sticky floor all over again to get out... and then repeat the process eternally!

:sohappy:

Er- I mean...
:(

Eh.... I dunno... :eek:

texanspivey

The way I like to relieve this problem is by exiting Ice Station Cool, proceeding to the lagoon, setting myself, and leaping in. Sure, you might get wet, but no sticky shoes! :lol:

SirNim

Original Poster
Originally posted by MadameCheshire
You can always just drag your feet in the grass a few times.
Then the bottoms of your shoes get all wet grassiness all o'er 'em.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom