Steakhouse 71 coming to Disney's Contemporary Resort along with new dining at California Grill

JohnD

FIRST LOOK at menus for the upcoming Steakhouse 71 at Disney's Contemporary Resort​

Steakhouse-71_Full_44027.jpg
Salivating. . .

LSLS

Prices are up in the MDE app. Not bad at all.
I'd agree on steak prices (though still not a fan of not coming with a salad or something along those lines). Breakfast is OK-a bit high. Lunch is way expensive to me. $20 for a smash burger?

JohnD

Disney did say this wasn't meant to be a high end restaurant. Looks like it's still "Wave" class.

It's a nice trade off, though, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For dinner, I see you can get a filet, NY strip, and prime rib. No ribeye, though. So reasonable prices overall.

nickys

Premium Member
I notice the only way to get a Mickey waffle is getting the special $20 breakfast. ☹️ Still gonna miss the buffet breakfast.

JohnD

Just made a reservation for Oct 1st, will be a nice break from the Magic Kingdom!

Same here. Currently I have an ADR for Whispering Canyon at 5:00pm and dinner at 6:55 so need to cancel one anyway. I also grabbed one for 10/5 at 6:00 pm before the Boo Bash that night. I'm thinking of cancelling the 10/1 Steakhouse ADR. The only problem is that you can't cancel via MDE right now. You can only call to cancel.

michmousefan

Was happy to get a res for a table of 7 for Nov. 10; kinda hard to find tables for large groups if you aren't staying on property and can take advantage of the additional time to secure reservations.

dreday3

Same here. Currently I have an ADR for Whispering Canyon at 5:00pm and dinner at 6:55 so need to cancel one anyway. I also grabbed one for 10/5 at 6:00 pm before the Boo Bash that night. I'm thinking of cancelling the 10/1 Steakhouse ADR. The only problem is that you can't cancel via MDE right now. You can only call to cancel.

I see a lot of people eating there before Boo Bash.

Do you think you would be too full to enjoy the rest of the night at Boo Bash? Maybe it's just me. If I eat a steak dinner, I'm pretty much done for the night outside of sitting outside with wine/cocktails. :D

JohnD

I see a lot of people eating there before Boo Bash.

Do you think you would be too full to enjoy the rest of the night at Boo Bash? Maybe it's just me. If I eat a steak dinner, I'm pretty much done for the night outside of sitting outside with wine/cocktails. :D

Good point. Well, previously I had GF Cafe at the same time and was thinking about getting the NY strip. For Steakhouse, I'm thinking of getting the 6oz filet which isn't as big and a veggie for a side. The 15 layer cake is tempting but probably way too much. Maybe the Creme Brulee instead. So still enjoy the steakhouse, just smaller options.

dreday3

Good point. Well, previously I had GF Cafe at the same time and was thinking about getting the NY strip. For Steakhouse, I'm thinking of getting the 6oz filet which isn't as big and a veggie for a side. The 15 layer cake is tempting but probably way too much. Maybe the Creme Brulee instead. So still enjoy the steakhouse, just smaller options.

That's a good plan.

We didn't end up booking here, but honestly I can see us on an MK day attempting to get a lunch reservation on the fly, used to be able to do that with The Wave. Walk on over. I would looove a Prime Rib sandwich!

JohnD

That's a good plan.

We didn't end up booking here, but honestly I can see us on an MK day attempting to get a lunch reservation on the fly, used to be able to do that with The Wave. Walk on over. I would looove a Prime Rib sandwich!

Maybe eventually again with Steakhouse 71 that could be a plan but because new it's already completly booked on 10/1 for example. Early this morning, I grabbed a 10/1 6:55pm ADR because I could. However, I already have a 5pm ADR at Whispering Canyon. But then I went to 10/5 and got that ADR and now am thinking of canceling the 6:55 SH71 ADR for several reasons. 1) That ADR could go approx 7pm-8:30pm and would be right up against fireworks 2) Later full meal as you pointed it. 3) 5pm Whispering Canyon is still a good break away from MK during the day with a meal in the early evening to return to MK with more time. So, yeah, leaning to keeping Whispering Canyon and canceling Steakhouse 71 (have to call currently. Can't use MDE).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom