Steakhouse 71 coming to Disney's Contemporary Resort along with new dining at California Grill

Smiley/OCD

We’ll be there for the food, not the ambiance…if that were the case we wouldn’t have canceled our Space 220 reservation in November. If the meal is meh, just like BOG & Paradiso 37, it’ll be a one and done

aladdin2007

I have to say, and usually I am first in line to call Disney out on bad design and no theme in places lately or lack there of ,,but this was a beautiful space!! We dined here yesterday and I was expecting an ugly room after the photos I saw online, but no dont go by the pictures on the sites! For some reason they all didn't even show the actual space.

It was elegant it was refined, yes it was modern but in a retro yet classy vibe way. The art work, historic photos, the layout. It was a perfect match for the new beautiful lobby all centered around Walt and Mary Blair. Give this a chance, we were treated like royalty and the staff could not have been more fantastic. They did such a great job for opening day. This ended up being the highlight of our day compared to the giant failure at Magic Kingdom where you didnt even know the 50th existed. I still dont understand why this same theme was not carried upstairs to the concourse and the rooms, they just dont know what they are doing anymore. But first floor is a A+

splashtest

Has anyone eaten here with picky kids? I’m considering cancelling due to no pasta, pizza or grill cheese option. I supposed I could do a broccoli and fries lunch but I just wish there were more options for the littles.

michmousefan

Hey there... just an FYI... this evening (probably around 8pm EST) I'll be cancelling a reservation for next Weds at 7:30 for a group of 7.
Just in case anyone is looking for a res and wants to grab it... not really sure how long it will take Disney's system to make the table available but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Our group voted to try Morimoto instead.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Hey there... just an FYI... this evening (probably around 8pm EST) I'll be cancelling a reservation for next Weds at 7:30 for a group of 7.
Just in case anyone is looking for a res and wants to grab it... not really sure how long it will take Disney's system to make the table available but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Our group voted to try Morimoto instead.
You will enjoy Morimoto! Get an outdoor table on the deck if you can. Very relaxing!

Weather_Lady

I have to say, and usually I am first in line to call Disney out on bad design and no theme in places lately or lack there of ,,but this was a beautiful space!! We dined here yesterday and I was expecting an ugly room after the photos I saw online, but no dont go by the pictures on the sites! For some reason they all didn't even show the actual space.

It was elegant it was refined, yes it was modern but in a retro yet classy vibe way. The art work, historic photos, the layout. It was a perfect match for the new beautiful lobby all centered around Walt and Mary Blair. Give this a chance, we were treated like royalty and the staff could not have been more fantastic. They did such a great job for opening day. This ended up being the highlight of our day compared to the giant failure at Magic Kingdom where you didnt even know the 50th existed. I still dont understand why this same theme was not carried upstairs to the concourse and the rooms, they just dont know what they are doing anymore. But first floor is a A+
I'm so glad to hear that the photos didn't necessarily represent the real look of the place. I'm hoping to at least try breakfast there on an upcoming visit, and I thought the menus looked great, but I was really turned off by those photos. Your review has me putting it back on the "places to try" list!

Benjamin_Nicholas

Having been to his places in Napa, Vegas and philly, the Disney location just doesn't compare..... So disappointing......

It was bound to happen. Just go for dinner and see who's sitting at the tables.

They can't go too authentic and have had to modify even what they serve the Peking duck with (tortillas versus authentic bao). It's sorta funny and unfortunate that people go there and are wowed by it. To me, it just feels like an overpriced PF Chang's now.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
The Disney Springs location never blew us away. We had some good food, and some mediocre. None of it compared to what we had at his place in Honolulu.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Dinner last night at Steakhouse 71. One of the better meals we have had on property. My apologies for not including the actual menu name
5191F965-AF3C-496E-A849-D42109B7F839.jpeg

Crem Brûlée- it was tasty.
E18DE517-5E44-48E1-A50E-50549BCAE638.jpeg

Apple tart dessert my wife had
9363166B-94CB-4B8A-88DB-29C355B504D9.jpeg

Potato side

9CF92291-EA08-44A2-B28D-8CA6E1A57831.jpeg

Fish entree. Grouper was the fresh fish of the day.

Last edited:

DfromATX

A moderate-priced steakhouse calls to mind Outback or Texas Roadhouse - obv not a fit for the environment of the Contemporary. The theming of Steakhouse 55 would not work in that lobby either.

My '60-days' is Wednesday and it's going to be my backup choice if we can't get 'Ohana on our Magic Kingdom day. The menu looks good, but I noticed the prices weren't that high (for Disney anyway), so I was wondering if it might be like one of those chains you mentioned. I'd rather eat at 'Ohana, but it appears to be booked solid.

DfromATX

Dinner last night at Steakhouse 71. One of the better meals we have had on property. My apologies for not including the actual menu name View attachment 599443
Crem Brûlée- it was tasty.
View attachment 599444
Apple tart dessert my wife had
View attachment 599445
Potato side

View attachment 599446
Fish entree. Grouper was the fresh fish of the day.

Glad you enjoyed it! Those desserts look really delicious! How was the steak? I'm planning to book here if we can't get 'Ohana. I thought the menu sounded really good, but in all honesty, I didn't think the prices were very high (for Disney) and like someone else said previously, I was worried it would be more like an Outback or something. (Sorry to repeat myself... I didn't see your post until now and I've already posted on here basically saying the same thing lol.)

My '60-days' is Wednesday and it's going to be my backup choice if we can't get 'Ohana on our Magic Kingdom day. The menu looks good, but I noticed the prices weren't that high (for Disney anyway), so I was wondering if it might be like one of those chains you mentioned. I'd rather eat at 'Ohana, but it appears to be booked solid.

Steak is better than those chains - smaller portions but better quality. They also have other good items on the menu including their burger, the chicken entree, and the former Wave standout - Bacon and Eggs (an appetizer, not a breakfast item). Ambiance is not Ohana but food quality and value is on par or better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom