Staying thru DVC at the Saratoga Springs...

_Scar

And I was wondering if the people who rent get an idea of where they will be staying. I'd love to stay at Congress Park. I know a few DVC places have their own seperate building, does SSR?

The person I'm renting from made me believe it would all be decided on check in, so asking for a room specifically would be of no use.

Is this true? Or can I request a room?

Rob562

The person you're renting the points from is correct. Your specific unit will be assigned just like any other reservation a couple days before you check in. The DVC owner may be able to call Member Services and put a note in the reservation for you, but I'm not sure whether DVC allows requests like that.
You can always ask at check-in about your preferred location.

-Rob

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I'm not sure what you mean by separate building. Do you mean your own private separate building?

As far as wanting a room in Congress Park, you can certainly have the member note that in the reservation and they will do their best to try to fill that request. We have requested a specific area within the resort and have had that request granted.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

Calling and asking is the best way to try to reserve what you want....like the previous poster stated they will note your preference and try to accomadate you. Last August we requested a room on the second floor and got it...it just depends but I would request it before you arrive.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

Unlike BW or WL where the DVC rooms are in a separate section, all of SS is DVC so you can stay anywhere in the resort. You can request a specific section anywhere in the resort. You can make the request anytime after you make a reservation. The rooms are usually allocated a few days before you arrive so calling ahead of time will give you a much better shot than asking when you check-in.

BTW Congress Park is the best section at SS. You made a great choice.

Upvote 0

pax_65

Just to clarify, you're better off putting that request in the reservation versus asking at check-in (when it's usually too late). The request is just that - there are no guarantees it can be accommodated (if everyone requests Congress Park they can't honor all requests). But they usually make an effort at least.

The rough thing at SSR is being placed in Carousel or Paddock where you are very far from the main pool and restaurant. They are turning one of the private pools in that area into a second feature pool (which looks really nice on paper) to help address this issue. I'm not sure when that pool is scheduled to open.

In any event, SSR is a nice resort. Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

Lynne M

DVC does accept requests;it's very common for members to make them. The person that you rented from will need to call Member Services and add that request to your reservation. As a renter, you will not be able to call yourself and add the request. It must be done through MS, and they will not speak with anyone but the member, since the member owns the reservation.

If, for some reason, the member refuses to do this for you (though I can't imagine why they would), you can certainly ask at check-in. If the resort isn't full, they may be able to re-assign you to a room in Congress Park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom