Staying off property - is it even possible to get an ADR at the 4 main parks?

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
We're staying at a condo just off property 2nd week November. No special perks or any of that. Given that property guests can book 60 days out to their check in day for the duration of their stay, am I out of luck to dine at the 4 major parks? Lunch or dinner in each park would be nice to sit inside and be served. The other meal we'd do quick service.

Also interested in T-Rex the Dinosaur restaurant at Disney Springs and the Toothsome Emporium at Universal. Unsure how early those can be booked.

Any feedback or tips appreciated.

Last edited:

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We're staying at a condo just off property 2nd week November. No special perks or any of that. Given that property guests can book 60 days out to their check in day for the duration of their stay, am I out of luck to dine at the 4 major parks? Lunch or dinner in each park would be nice to sit inside and be served. The other meal we'd do quick service.

Also interested in T-Rex the Dinosaur restaurant at Disney Springs and the Toothsome Emporium at Universal. Unsure how early those can be booked.

You can contact T-Rex directly and make a reservation without having to go thru Disney and the 60 day window if you wish. 1 (407) 828-8739

Figgy1

Premium Member
Toothsome reservations 407-224-3663 This one shouldn't be difficult to get as not everybody who goes to UNI makes ADRs but make one if it's important to you, As for how many days out everything at both parks is subject to change
Many of the DS restaurants in DS are on open table if you don't have luck with Disney's ADR system
If you don't get what you want initially keep checking as people often cancel

WorldExplorer

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your post; my understanding was that sixty days was for anyone with tickets, and the resort guests got sixty PLUS ten?

Anyway, yes. Checking right now to make an example, for today, just for lunch to be simple (four person party), I see reservations for two Animal Kingdom restaurants (it only has four), seven Epcot ones, five Magic Kingdoms, and three Hollywood Studios. Includes multiple character meals, high end restaurants, and buffets.

In my experience this isn't particularly strange. Just get in the habit of checking whenever you're on the phone. They pop up all the time.

My tip is that if you pick one of the meal buttons and none of them interest you, be sure to actually scroll through the times, picking them individually. Just right now, there's a rogue Be Our Guest lunch reservation that only appears if you hit 1:00 PM, not of you hit Lunch.

And almost everywhere does have a waiting list, if you somehow get desperate. You can jump on them from the app. The highly saught after ones fill up, but I dread to see how busy the parks would need to be for all of them to do so.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your post; my understanding was that sixty days was for anyone with tickets, and the resort guests got sixty PLUS ten?
You don’t need tickets to book a dining reservation. Anyone can book at 60 days (or less) from the current day.

Resort guests are able to book their entire stay (up to ten days) at 60 days. If their stay is 4 days, they get 4 additional days past 60, not 10.

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
You don’t need tickets to book a dining reservation. Anyone can book at 60 days (or less) from the current day.

Resort guests are able to book their entire stay (up to ten days) at 60 days. If their stay is 4 days, they get 4 additional days past 60, not 10.
Exactly. So my thinking was, could resort guests essentially fill up the entire week of my visit at sit down in park restaurants by the fact they can book before me for my time there. There are tens of thousands of resort guests staying the week I'll visit so it's not hard to imagine a handful of restaurants per park that seat a hundred to 250 people or so fill. Or am I off base and overthinking this?

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Exactly. So my thinking was, could resort guests essentially fil up the entire week of my visit by the fact they can book before me for my time there.
Not really. You may not get Space 220 and a few others at 60 days but you should get mostly everything on your wish list even if not at the exact time you want. People always cancel so keep checking for what you want if you don't get them on the first go round

thomas998

We rarely know more than 30 days in advance when we take our trips to Disney in the Fall and have never been unable to get a reservation to any place we wanted, including Cinderella's Castle or Be our Guest. The only thing you will have to do is be flexible as to which time and day you'll take and persistent in searching for reservations every day 3 or 4 times a day. Generally we've gotten the reservations sorted out before we even arrive but once or twice we only get the place on our list while we are already on the vacation. So don't think you are SOL on any place until the day before you want the reservation, people are constantly changing their minds and cancelling reservations and that is probably only going to be more likely to happen with the covid floating around causing people to cancel at the last minute.

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
Well we're going to be with our children ages 10, 7.5 and 5.5 and we will be in the parks during dining hours so we're mostly looking for fun/themed places and again 1 sit down per day is more than enough.

Vegas Disney Fan

Just be persistant, I’ve managed to get most reservations I want over the years by stalking the website, even impossible to get reservations like Cinderella’s Table. It may not be at the exact time you want, and It takes a little luck, but it’s possible if you check frequently.

As someone else mentioned earlier the resorts and Downtown Disney typically have better restaurants than the parks so don’t forget to check those also.

Richie248

Suggest that "Park Dining" is, and always has been, total JUNK.
WDW HOTEL dining is still fairly decent - but failing.
OPEN TABLE - DS, Swan-Dolphin, and a FEW WDW venues? FAR better. No Reservation games, better Restaurants.
Agree 100%, I avoid most park dining (aside from Brown Derby) and have been dining at mostly Swan/Dolphin/Reserve restaurants. I've also traded in Disney hotels for Swan Reserve. Overall better prices and quality!

But I get not wanting to the leave the parks to dine. Just keep checking, things open up all the time! Also on my last trip....noticed lot's of restaurants in the park that had availability via the waitlist (especially in Epcot).

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
Thanks all. I can definitely be persistent. We will hit the Dinosaur restaurant at DS and the candy factory Toothsome Emporium or something at UNI. Other than that probably attempt to find something in each of the 4 Disney parks. I'm not leaving the parks for dinner. And since this trip is about my kids I don't have high expectations other than something fun. I realize the prices are insane and the food can be mediocre to bad depending, but it is what it is. Saving some money at condo and breakfast will be banana or cereal at the condo most days (might try 1 character breakfast)

CAV

Toothsome reservations 407-224-3663 This one shouldn't be difficult to get as not everybody who goes to UNI makes ADRs but make one if it's important to you, As for how many days out everything at both parks is subject to change
Many of the DS restaurants in DS are on open table if you don't have luck with Disney's ADR system
If you don't get what you want initially keep checking as people often cancel
It was the WORST sit down meal experience I had I over 2 decades. Horrible service. Horrible food. Horrible service. Horrible, horrible, horrible service. Everything was horrible from ap to dessert.

MickeyLuv'r

Thanks all. I can definitely be persistent. We will hit the Dinosaur restaurant at DS and the candy factory Toothsome Emporium or something at UNI. Other than that probably attempt to find something in each of the 4 Disney parks. I'm not leaving the parks for dinner. And since this trip is about my kids I don't have high expectations other than something fun. I realize the prices are insane and the food can be mediocre to bad depending, but it is what it is. Saving some money at condo and breakfast will be banana or cereal at the condo most days (might try 1 character breakfast)
Dining at Universal is much easier than WDW. You don't need to go all out making reservations like at WDW. We usually just skip reservations at US, but you can also make them if you prefer.

One thing you can do at Universal is you put your name in, then you can walk around until your table is ready if there's a wait. You can't go all the way to the back of the park, but you can go into the front of the park or peruse the shops. Though to be honest, the last time we did that was pre-pandemic.

IMO the best part of Toothsome is the candy shop. Most of the time we just get dessert from the shop. Mind, the big milkshake things are over-the-top. Whenever we walk by, the people eating them don't look happy. They all have this expression of like, "Why did I order this?" as it melts and drips all over. In the candy shop though, they have a display case with the MOST AMAZING confections anywhere! They have a large array of macaroons, and those are excellent in a huge variety of flavors, but also next to that is a second glass case that has an ever-changing assortment of gorgeous, delicious confections, and we have always been very happy with everything we have bought there! That case is the best confections we have had ANYWHERE at WDW or Universal over many visits to both.

The food at Toothsome is otherwise decent. We tend to prefer Cowfish, but Toothsome is decent. For some reason we like Breadbox quite a bit. Overall, I wouldn't say Breadox is overly special, but it is now become a must-do for us for some reason. The caprese sandwich is very good, the prices are very reasonable.

The two Harry Potter quick serves are also a lot of fun. They are QS, but excellent QS. The decor is very fun and the food is much better than WDW's QS. There are a number of other decent places in Citywalk that are fun options.

In the Universal Studio park, the food is good at Finnegan's. Near Central Park is a crepe stand with very tasty crepes. Avoid the Simpson's eatery.

I know you say you want to eat in the parks, but Universal isn't like WDW. Toothsome is just a few steps from the entrance of IoA, and both the Hard Rock Cafe and the Hard Rock Hotel are just a short walk from US park. The shuttle boats are also very frequent to the reset of the hotels. Just maybe at park closing the boats/waits get a little long. Still, nothing like WDW transportation.

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
I did play around today looking 60 days out to simulate my experience, for closer to my actual trip (Nov). I found using the My Disney Experience app better than using the desktop browser and to let it search all dining at various park for each day , and yes I tried the suggestion to enter specific times rather than "lunch" or "dinner" and had some success. Though the choices that came up weren't the most exciting there were still several options per park avail...so worst case we sit-down SOMEWHERE which is still a win.

I think the ones that are of most interest (and probably the hardest to get):

MK - Cinderella castle, Be Our Guest
Epcot - Space 220, San Angel Inn
Hollywood Studios - dinner package with seats for fantasmic
AK- unknown???

Character breakfast - Chef Mickeys at contemporary

We have 2 off days with nothing scheduled so for those if I get T-rex at DS, Toothsome at UNI, and a decent character breakfast anywhere I'll be happy. If we then end up at vanilla places that happen to be avail in the 4 main park days, so be it, and maybe for the better.

Any other suggestions that have theming the kids would enjoy (ages 6, 7, 10)?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom