Staying At the WDW Dolphin

Professor_Jason

Original Poster
Since we're Starwood Members I'm gonna go ahead book us into the Dolphin instead of the Sheraton Vistana so that we're staying on property and can get FP+ and early entry, has anybody stayed there and how was it? Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Just so you know yes you do get to do FP+ at 60 days instead of 30 like regular off property guests. Also it's not just early entry it's also late hours too. EMH are an hour early on some mornings and up to 2-3 hours later in for the evening EMH nights. (We prefer evening EMH as it will feel like you have the parks to yourself the later it gets).
Now what you will not get is Magic Bands for free like the Disney hotel resort guests. You can purchase them though if you want them and they start at $12.95 for the solid colors. You will not be able to have charging privlages back to your room either while at the parks etc.
You probably knew all this already but just wanted to clarify incase you did not know the specifics. :)

DizneyPryncess

We stayed there, but before the Magic Bands had started. We really enjoyed our stay. My daughter loved the pool/playground/sand area. We spent a lot of time there when we weren't in the parks. The location on the boardwalk is great, with the walking distance to 2 parks. I thought the rooms were nice, and clean. I would stay there again! :)

Andy_0410

I loved this property, had an amazing time a few years back. It is the best location (except monorail hotels)
We were lucky enough to get given a room where we could watch the fireworks from illuminations every night too.
Now if they just did the Disney dining plan I would be there every year

graphite1326

We stayed there once and was a nice hotel and at a good price. No Disney theme though which made it feel like just another hotel. If the theme and disney 24/7 is important to you it's not there. A little less magic for some here I am sure. Being just outside EPCOT was a plus and a boat ride to HS was also nice.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I must admit, although I love the Dolphin, I have found Picabu's to be almost inedible. Maybe it was just me, though. On the plus side, however, being open 24 hours is a great perk!

Although I tend to stay over in the Swan (but have stayed at the Dolphin a few times), I always go over to Picabu, no matter which hotel I'm staying at.

It's fairly reasonable, and the food is o.k. considering it's a tray service restaurant. (Also, the decor is so cheery and fun; it reminds me a little of the whimsical animal drawing style used on the walls at the QS, Pizzafari over in AK, for example.) I also like Picabu for quick snacks during the day, or at night. Sometimes you just want a little snack, but not something as substantial as ordering a fancier dessert from in-room dining.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I was in one of the renovated rooms at the Swan last May, and I thought it was nicely done.

For those guests of WDW who want a completely Disney-themed hotel, the Swan and Dolphin are more traditionally designed hotels, so you won't find that immersive aspect there. However, they're great hotels, with reasonable prices, good restaurants, and the location and convenience of transportation is excellent.

PinnySmart

We love both the Swan and Dolphjn. We are DVC but we rent most of our points and usually always stay at one or the other. We are also Starwood members and always have tons of points from the business to stay for several weeks. I prefer the Dolphin because the Breakfast at Fresh every morning is much better IMO than the restaraunt at the Swan and of course Picabu is open 24 hours. They do offer refillable mugs for a price similar to the Disney hotels and the drink station in Picabu is a Coca Cola Freestyle. A marvelous attraction in and of itself. The Dolphin is due for a refresh but we find the rooms to be completely adequate. Depending on which Starwood level you are you may receive vouchers for free Continental breakfast and those can be upgraded to a full buffet with an omelet, pancake and waffle station. The fresh juice shots are a real pick me up in the mornings. IMO you can't go wrong with the Dolphin. We have stayed in the refreshed rooms at the Swan and they are nice just seem somewhat sterile to me but still nice. Enjoy your stay! The location simply can't be beat.

hksusa

I stayed at the Dolphin in July. First time in Disney in 10+yrs.

The hotel is very nice, like other mentioned it is not disney themed but it wasnt a problem for me. The dolphin has a resort fee and charges for parking. The hotel host alot of conferences, there was a Microsoft conference when i was there, one night the lobby bar was busy. I think when you check in, they give you an option to have your room cleaned every 3day, if you choose this they slide a $5 voucher under your door and you can use the voucher at any of the store/restaurant on property.

There is a guest service area, they have a Disney Ticket agent, Alamo Car Rental, Mears transportation.

I like their 24hrs Picabu restaurant, they had pizza available 24hrs a day, along with other options. The hotel does not have vending machine on the hotel floors, a cup a soda at Picabu was $3-4, i found out they have an unlimited refill cup for $~15 that they don't advertise. I did some looking around and found they have a vending machine in the gym area that had sports drainks, Energy drink and water. I also found a vending machine by the Disney Bus area, but that machine was empty the whole time i was there. If you walk to the broadwalk (10min walk), the general store has six packs of soda, selection is limited.

Nice laundry room and Arcade onsite, both uses credit cards.

Last edited:

Professor_Jason

Original Poster
I've stayed at the Swam and if it were just adults going I would certainly stay at the Swan or Dolphin. I stayed at the Swan with kids and they loved it, pools were great, many food choices but it's not themed like a Disney hotel more like a city hotel. The crowd was more business like as well. As opposed to kids running all over the place.
That sounds more like us, we're a boring married couple going out for my 40th, it will be nice to stay on property but leave the Parks behind at the end of the day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom