Staying at Swan/Dolphin & Using Boardwalk Bus to MK?

MickeyLuv'r

Right on!!!

The EME at Epcot IS the reason we stay at the Swan…with the Bonvoy AP Discount we were able to stay last Fall for sub $250 a night on split stays….on both occasions the other half of the split was at Pop

We are not Deluxe peeps, but with the EME benefits being removed from all Resorts sans Deluxe, we started using the split approach

Simply we don’t see much value in the Deluxe and have to decide if we’re willing to pay for the EME benefits….wouldn’t consider a Deluxe if the EMEs were still included Value Resort stays

**Edit** Just checked for 1 night we were pondering staying in the coming months....

Dolphin $286 - 2 Doubles, no view
Swan $304 - 2 Queens no view
Fort Wilderness - $432 - Cabins (Assumption this is considered Deluxe)
Wilderness Lodge - $518 - Nature View

Bill and a Half more affordable to stay at the Dolphin than next most affordable true Disney Deluxe....your point was well made
One thing I have noticed is that the price of the Dolphin/Swan tends to be higher now on EME nights.

Meanwhile, WDW hotel prices tend to be higher on the weekends.

On any given week though, Disney has pricing seasons. A stay that is split across two calendar weeks might have to pricing seasons, or shifting a trip by one week might change the price.

Raxel7851

I believe the Cains at FW are considered moderate...someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think the price is so high is because you can sleep 6 (just like A0A suites are still considered value).
Dang that’s a tough one! I’d have to agree with your thought about the price being tied to how many people can be accommodated in the cabins. I REALLY enjoy staying at FW in my RV, but I wouldn’t consider it being a Deluxe resort. Which is fine with me.

bennyw01

Not to stoke the fire, but despite beneficial language, but its a complimentary service for all guests of Disney World property. I regularly use BW or Y&BC buses for AK, MK and DS connections when staying at S&D. I like the walk, the service is better, and its accessible. The service should just be restored at this point, all other benefits remain, but the % saving going through Mears over Disney (Mears) is likely not as valid as it was during the pandemic.

Dad 2 M & M

Not to stoke the fire, but despite beneficial language, but its a complimentary service for all guests of Disney World property. I regularly use BW or Y&BC buses for AK, MK and DS connections when staying at S&D. I like the walk, the service is better, and its accessible. The service should just be restored at this point, all other benefits remain, but the % saving going through Mears over Disney (Mears) is likely not as valid as it was during the pandemic.
I'm guessing Swan and Dolphin are not considered Disney Property? At least as far as for the busing? They're not/no longer included for some reason....

It is a nice walk from any of the Epcot Resorts ...even the full duration from one Park to the other. I'm sure many walk over to the other Resorts to catch the bus(es)....

Last edited:

bennyw01

I like to consider it as Disney owning the freehold, but Marriot leases. It is on that notion Disney property, but not Disney serviced. Disney still sell them on their site, Disney still classify them as Deluxe when factoring in their involvement to EMH, services such as buses are just a cost cutting measure I expect. Still, stipulation is irrelevant in knowing Disney provides transport to all guests, on or off property.

I love the walk too, its just MK, AK and DS. Not a huge issue, but I will often take multiple routes to the same effect.

tpoly88

Got it

We use/used the Water Taxis and walking path on previous trips, but used the busing only twice as it a was REALLY bad experience both times as the wait was long and it was shared with the rest of Epcot BLVD resorts. I had no idea Swan and Dolphin were no longer participating.

We stayed at the Swan last year for the 1st night of a split trip, with the purpose of taking in the EME at Epcot. Were able to ride Guardians with the 6:00 P.M. VQ and were able to walk on Rat 10:30ish and rode it a few times before the witching hour....anywho we didn't use WDW transport at all while at the Swan as it was 1 night and a short walk to Epcot
There is a lot of times i dont use the transportation as we usually stay one night and go to epcot and walk to the international gateway. When we do go to MK its for NSSM or the Christmas party. from Swan/dolphin we take an uber/lyft to GF where we usually eat first then go over on the monorail. on the way back ive walked to Contemporary for an uber but mostly i get on the YC or boardwalk bus depending on which hotel we are at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom