Staying at swan, but would like to shop and eat at themeparks

jaw62901

I am staying at the Swan Dec 26 to Jan 3 and would like to know that since I can't charge disney thempark shops and food places to the Swan, if Disney offers vouchers or prepaid cards so I could charge food and souvenior purchases against it instead of carrying 8 days of cash with me.

Any help would be great,

Jason

BRER STITCH

Hey JASON!! :wave:

Use your Debit or Credit card to avoid having to bring cash!

Also, if you absolutely needed cash, there are ATMs all around the WDW property.

Never heard of a WDW "prepaid voucher" as you mentioned, but you could always call Customer Service and ask.

In any event, you are going to be there at a FANTASTIC time of year! HAVE FUN! :)

Upvote 0

jaw62901

Original Poster
How do disney dollars work

I never thought of that. How do the disney dollars work? I have never used them and really don't know anything about them.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Woody13

You can purchase Disney Dollars at your local Disney Store, at WDW resorts (including the Swan and Dolphin) or in the WDW parks. They come in $5.00, $10.00 or $20.00 increments. There is no charge (or sales tax) to buy them, it's an even exchange. You can use Disney Dollars anywhere in all of WDW. You get regular US money in change when you use Disney Dollars. When your trip is over, if you find you still have some Disney Dollars left over, you can exchange them anywhere at WDW for regular cash or take a few home as a souvenir of your trip. I think they are great fun to use!

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Disney dollars are great, but if you lose them your screwed...they are not like travelers cheques which I would recomend over carring cash or Disney Dollars.

Make sure you try Kimono's Japanese restuarant at the Swan....awesome!!:king:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

You can use a credit card nearly anywhere on property.

The only place I can think of where you can't is a food cart--turkey legs, popcorn, ice cream.

For sure, any sit-down restaurant will take a Visa/Mastercard or Discover.

I am 80% sure you can use them at a counter service place--Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's, ABC Commissary, etc.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Woody13
How about Disney Dollars?

Wouldn´t that be the same as carrying cash around? :veryconfu

If you have a credit card, I think that´s your best bet. As someone else mentionned, you can use it almost everywhere!. That way, you can bring less cash with you, and if you run out of it, just go to the nearest ATM. ;)

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Captain Cab

Disney Dollars are just as bad as carrying large amounts of cash around. If you lose either of them your vacation is pretty much ruined. Here are some other options for dealing with purchases:

1) Use credit cards to pay for your meals and purchases. This could be bad though if your credit card charges fees for each time you make a charge. American Express, for example, is great because there's no annual fee and/or interest charges (unless you're late on payments), or you can go ahead and try out the new Disney Rewards Visa to earn some added bonuses while shopping/dining.

2) Before you leave home get some American Express traveler's cheques. Should they be lost or stolen the traveler's cheques are insured and will be completely refunded without delay by American Express. A good idea is to lock-up several days worth of cheques in the in-room safe and only carry a day or two worth of cheques with you at all times.

3) Just plan on using good ol' cash while on vacation. There are plenty of ATMs in the theme parks and hotels, and the charge to use the machine is only about $2-3. A good idea would be to make an initial withdraw when you first arrive in the hotel, and secure most of the cash in the in-room safe. This method is not recommended, but it can work quite well as long as you are careful.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom