Staying at POP, can i go get a drink at AoA pool bar?

Mainahman

Original Poster
Noticed that they have a dole whip inspired drink on their pool bar menu. Is it possible to walk over and order one while were there?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I believe the pool bar is outside of the gated area of the big blue pool so yes you should be able to walk over from POP to AOA and order something from the pool bar.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I wasnt sure. Ive never done that, and assumed there was some weird open container issue. They fight that all the time here in nashville so i wasnt sure.

Yeah sure you can't have open consumption walking down the street in a city.
When you're walking from AOA back to POP over the generation gap bridge you're not on a public street.
I have often purchased alcoholic drinks at the pool bar and walked back to my room with them etc.

Mainahman

Original Poster
When you're walking from AOA back to POP over the generation gap bridge you're not on a public street.
I have often purchased alcoholic drinks at the pool bar and walked back to my room with them etc.
Boom!
This is the first trip with no kids ( my daughter turns 20 this year) so she got her last "family vacation" last year. SO this one is just us, so stuff like pool bars are now fair game, so were learning ha!

durangojim

You probably won’t have a problem because at the Epcot resorts you can take booze from one of those resorts to another Epcot resort. However don’t ever try to take booze across the magic line at international gateway. Epcot and the resorts have different liquor licenses so that’s a big stupid no-no, especially because I could be drinking a Grand Mariner slush on the Epcot side and my wife could be drinking a margarita on the resort side 1 inch away but they can’t cross that line.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You probably won’t have a problem because at the Epcot resorts you can take booze from one of those resorts to another Epcot resort. However don’t ever try to take booze across the magic line at international gateway. Epcot and the resorts have different liquor licenses so that’s a big stupid no-no, especially because I could be drinking a Grand Mariner slush on the Epcot side and my wife could be drinking a margarita on the resort side 1 inch away but they can’t cross that line.

Correct you are not allowed to bring alcohol into the parks but hey once you're in Epcot you can walk around the park with a drink in your hand.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Interesting... youd assume they would have 1 giant one, but i guess its broken out like that.

Jon81uk

Interesting... youd assume they would have 1 giant one, but i guess its broken out like that.

Might not even be a license thing, all the park rules state you can't bring in your own alcohol (meaning bottles of beer etc from home) but it makes the security CMs job easier to stop all alcohol being brought it so you don't end up with people with bottles from home arguing when they see the person with the resort drink.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Might not even be a license thing, all the park rules state you can't bring in your own alcohol (meaning bottles of beer etc from home) but it makes the security CMs job easier to stop all alcohol being brought it so you don't end up with people with bottles from home arguing when they see the person with the resort drink.
true! as what would stop you from bringing your own blender, and booze into your room, mixing it and walking around and or to the parks with it.

Rob562

Universal is the same way. You can walk around City Walk with alcohol, you can walk around the parks with alcohol, you just can't cross from one to the other with alcohol.

Though a single license must cover both parks, because they freely allow you to bring alcohol on the Hogwarts Express between parks.

-Rob

Mainahman

Original Poster
Universal is the same way. You can walk around City Walk with alcohol, you can walk around the parks with alcohol, you just can't cross from one to the other with alcohol.

Though a single license must cover both parks, because they freely allow you to bring alcohol on the Hogwarts Express between parks.

-Rob
Thats good to know. my wife asked to watch the entire potter franchise in order of release. Who am i to say no? Ha! Someone on accident bought us Universal gift cards for christmas last year, so i think she wants to use them, and wants to understand potter. Ive got her through the Goblet of Fire as of last night, so were halfway through the original 8.

Rob562

Thats good to know. my wife asked to watch the entire potter franchise in order of release. Who am i to say no? Ha! Someone on accident bought us Universal gift cards for christmas last year, so i think she wants to use them, and wants to understand potter. Ive got her through the Goblet of Fire as of last night, so were halfway through the original 8.

Yeah, there's a snack shop halfway through the queue in King's Cross station that sells cans of beer and cider, but we prefer grabbing pints of the wizard beers inside Diagon Alley before getting in line for the train. On the Hogsmeade side there's no in-queue stand, but we grab to-go beers from the Hog's Head pub in the village.

-Rob

Jon81uk

Yeah, there's a snack shop halfway through the queue in King's Cross station that sells cans of beer and cider, but we prefer grabbing pints of the wizard beers inside Diagon Alley before getting in line for the train. On the Hogsmeade side there's no in-queue stand, but we grab to-go beers from the Hog's Head pub in the village.

-Rob

and drinking cans of beer on trains is very very British.

Diesel Dan

true! as what would stop you from bringing your own blender, and booze into your room, mixing it and walking around and or to the parks with it.
We always drive our car to WDW & stay at POP so we like to bring our Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Machine and make our own Rita's in our room, we like to walk the path along the lake around POP & AOA and nobody bothers you carrying a drink. The pool bar at AOA has a good selection of drinks and is outside the pool fence.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We always drive our car to WDW & stay at POP so we like to bring our Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Machine and make our own Rita's in our room, we like to walk the path along the lake around POP & AOA and nobody bothers you carrying a drink. The pool bar at AOA has a good selection of drinks and is outside the pool fence.
I didnt think of that. Were driving too, where its our 10 year anniversary trip, im sure we will buy a couple, but is it also possible to bring our own in a cooler at least to the room?

nickys

Premium Member
I didnt think of that. Were driving too, where its our 10 year anniversary trip, im sure we will buy a couple, but is it also possible to bring our own in a cooler at least to the room?

Do you mean bring alcohol to the resort? Yes that’s fine. You can also take your cooler to the pool, just not to the actual pool side (like you can’t sit with your feet in the water with a can in your hand). But you can bring your cooler and have it by your lounger if you want.

Rob562

Do you mean bring alcohol to the resort? Yes that’s fine. You can also take your cooler to the pool, just not to the actual pool side (like you can’t sit with your feet in the water with a can in your hand). But you can bring your cooler and have it by your lounger if you want.

Just be aware that glass bottles/containers are not allowed in the pool areas. It's cans or plastic containers only.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom