Staying at POP and I'm concerned

SagamoreBeach

I just stayed at Pop last week for the first time in 4 years. It was basically what I remembered. I normally stay at mods or a deluxe but all were full. Pop isn't a bad resort, you defiantly see the difference from resort types. The room was basic, bed (king) two night stands, desk and chairs dresser with a tv and small refrigerator. Bathroom wasn't huge by any means. Single sink Vs the normal double. No ceiling fan which isn't a huge deal. Was in the 80's building which is almost as far from the lobby as you can be but I didn't mind the walk at all. The rooms are nothing special. The lobby I like a lot and the gift shop has mostly everything you'd need. The food court was different than I remembered with different options. It was decent as food courts go. The bus situation was never an issue, I never once had to wait more than 15 mins and I only had to stand once which was by choice. If the line was long there was two busses there it was pretty good. The rides to parks aren't horrible, MK was I think around 12 mins so nothing to cry about lol. I didn't use any of the pools so no comments there. Check in was a breeze, arrived at like 2pm and room was ready and no wait. I'd recommend it, it all goes to the "you get what you pay for". It is a value resort so, can't expect 5 diamond haha good time though no complaints
That was a very good, unpretentious review.
-T

mattdenine

We really enjoyed are stay at POP, that being said it was our first time staying on property and only our second time at WDW. We stayed in the 60's building so we were very close to the lobby so we had a really short walk. My DD really enjoyed the Hippy Dippy pool and the Kiddie pool, and the night time movies by the pool were a hit.

I found the food court had a good selection, sure it wasn't fine dinning however we only ate once a day there so it was great for what we needed.

I never had issues with the bus system either day or night, there was always room to sit and never had to stand.

I wanted to stay there again next year but my wife wanted to stay at AOA so that's what I booked.

I'm sure there are nicer places to stay on site however for the money and since we spend most of our time at the parks POP was great for what we needed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We stayed at the Pop in May for Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed it. A decent food court - loved the pasta salad - and bus service was good. Rooms were what you would expect at a Value, on the smaller side, single sink vanity, but it was just two of us. But the room was comfortable, clean and most importantly, the A/C was nice and cold! Unlike the All Stars, Pop has its own bus and I can't remember having to stand or wait forever for a bus, like I've done at both moderate and deluxe resorts. Plus, the AoA is just a short walk away and I understand they have a fantastic food court.

As a previous poster mentioned, there can be issues with large numbers of guests at certain times of the year due to tour groups and events - like cheerleading and sports competition. But there are other websites that can provide the time of the years when these events or the large tour groups come to Disney. That way, you can avoid those times of the year, if possible, or stay at a moderate resort, since most of the large groups stay at the Values.

JohnD

Just stayed at Pop. For someone who was in the parks every day, it was all I needed for a placed to sleep.

I will say the wait for the bus from the parks was long because it felt like half of WDW guests were staying there. Didn't do food court unless it was grab and go or picked up cereal or a muffin I could eat in my room the next morning. If you drink coffee, bringing your own coffee maker is a must.

Last edited:

righttrack

The main difference I find is that when you open your door and walk in your room, there's your room. No space is wasted. Also the double beds vs queen beds and only one bar and no sit down restaurant. Otherwise not too much difference. You have to ask yourself, how much resort do you need? If you're out all day and only back to sleep and cool off, it's not bad. We've stayed at Pop and stayed at Deluxes and Moderates. I liked Pop better than most moderates. Deluxes are better and yes, have more services, but in general I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Maelstrom Troll

We love Pop and have stayed there a couple of times. The theming is very fun and the overall atmosphere is relaxed and not stuffy like some of the deluxe resorts. The only problem we encountered was that the bus line had a near hour wait to get back after a late night at MK. Had we known we would have taken the AOA bus and walked the short distance. However the pluses far outweigh the negatives and I'm sure you will love it!

emcclay

My mom and I stayed there in June. We loved it! We had a room in the 50's section. The food was okay. But, we both agreed we would stay at POP over AoA any day due to the noise level at AoA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom