Staying at POFQ for the first time,What is everyones take on this resort? Good or bad

JEANYLASER

We really wanted to stay in POFQ it's for December 2010! Because we never stayed in POFQ before! POFQ is my Favorite Moderate Resort!

I love this resort. It was the first Disney resort I have ever stayed at. DH and I stayed in building 4 for our honeymoon which is right next to the main building. I love how quiet and relaxing the grounds are and the atmosphere in the main building is fun and spirited. The pool is very nice. I really enjoyed being picked up first for the bus service (the buses many times will head on to POR to pick up more guests). My favourite part of the resort is the boat service to POR and DTD. It's quite relaxing and it is nice to see different parts of the resorts (golf course, Tree Houses and Saratoga). Riding at night is even better. I'm sure you will love staying there. Enjoy your trip. :)

Upvote 0

tmp

It's our favorite resort. We are staying there next month and this will be the third time in my past five trips we gave decided to stay there. The other two times was Pop in August and the Beach Club in January. If you are looking for sit down dining this is not for you. However the small size of this resort is fantastic. The theming is nice and being along the river is great. It's quiet and it's a nice break from the parks.

Upvote 0
Stayed there for the first time last June (2009) and we loved it. Was our first ever stay at a Moderate and it's now our moderate of choice. Had to move our next trip from Dec 2010 to June 2011 and downgrade and we opted to go back to POFQ. Can't wait!

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We love POFQ. Certainly our favorite moderate resort. Especially nice because it is so much quieter than most of the moderates. And the beignets early in the morning can't be beat.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I love it! I've been trying to stay at each resort on property, but I broke my rule to stay at POFQ a second time just because it's so nice!

Small, quaint, well-themed and quiet, it doesn't get better than that.

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

Our favorite moderate resort

POFQ is our favorite moderate resort. We have stayed at all the others and this one by far is our favorite. CSR and CBR are way to big for our family. They are beautiful, but way to big. We love the FQ because it is small and quiet. The Riverside is also beautiful but larger then FQ. We look at it as we have two hotels at our fingertips, with the Riverside being in walking distance. Usually one night we take the beautiful walk over and use their pool. We will be staying at POFQ again this July and we can't wait. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

coltow

LOVE IT! It's so relaxing, very peaceful and pool is alot of fun. I just wish they could upgrade the beds to queens, that legit was our only complaint.

Upvote 0

yoyoflamingo

POFQ is our favorite moderate resort. We have stayed at all the others and this one by far is our favorite. CSR and CBR are way to big for our family. They are beautiful, but way to big. We love the FQ because it is small and quiet. The Riverside is also beautiful but larger then FQ. We look at it as we have two hotels at our fingertips, with the Riverside being in walking distance. Usually one night we take the beautiful walk over and use their pool. We will be staying at POFQ again this July and we can't wait. Have a great time!

Agree with everything said here. There's also something to be said about the boat ride to DTD. Truly wonderful.

A great resort, and very romantic and magical as well, especially at night and early in the morning. I love this resort!

Upvote 0

LyssaPooh

POFQ is our favorite Moderate Resort. It is lovely - the cobblestone streets, atmosphere and smaller feel were perfect for my husband and I. Rooms are nice, and the best part is that FQ is picked up first on the bus route (buses are shared with PO Riverside). Highly recommended.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

The beignets are incredible. I've enclosed a pic for you drool pleasure. The grounds are nice and not too spread out. It's an enjoyable resort. I prefer POR, but POFQ is a close second as I've only toured it and can't make a fully educated decision.

beignets.jpg

Upvote 0

Mightyquinn

Stayed here in March and is now our favorite moderate resort. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes to get on a bus to the parks! The ferry was very nice to DTD and the kids love the pool and hot tub.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

I stayed at POFQ when I was a teen with my parents. It was nice! I loved the pardi gras theme. It was quiet, too. Compared to value resorts, not as much screaming running kids ;) lol We are doing CB on our next trip.

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

I really like POFQ but be sure to walk over to POR to see Yeehaw Bob one night. He is really entertaining, and the walk along the water over to POR is nice.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We've stayed there twice and really like it. Smaller so less walking and less hectic food court. Nice pool. Non-stop buses to MK (all other mod buses make several stops.) Beignets. Boat to DTD.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Our absolute favorite! Wouldn't stay at a different moderate. Grounds are beautiful, Boat ride is wonderful, staff is wonderful...Now I feel homesick!:brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom