Staying at Golden Oaks - airbnb etc.

darrelljon

Original Poster
Where can I find more info about staying at Golden Oaks? I understand it is a residential development but I'm thinking of short-term lodging for a holiday on property.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is my understanding that the covenants and restrictions for Golden Oak forbid short term rental of the properties.

I have also heard that short term housing rentals in Orange county are illegal, but I have never verified this.

epcotisbest

Where can I find more info about staying at Golden Oaks? I understand it is a residential development but I'm thinking of short-term lodging for a holiday on property.

Are you familiar with Golden Oak? You won't be finding any short term rentals there. You might consider The Four Seasons if that is the area you want to stay in, but even Four Seasons guests don't have access to Golden Oak residential areas.

winstongator

It is my understanding that the covenants and restrictions for Golden Oak forbid short term rental of the properties.

I have also heard that short term housing rentals in Orange county are illegal, but I have never verified this.
I’d also guess that people living in golden oaks aren’t interested in renting their properties.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I’d also guess that people living in golden oaks aren’t interested in renting their properties.
You would be surprised.

Subdivisions like Golden Oaks are often second, third or fourth vacation homes for the residents. It would not surprise me one bit if a good chunk of them are vacant 10-11 months out of the year.

High end rentals in desirable locations are quite a lucrative business with large homes going for 4 figures a night. With a myriad of third party business willing to manage the rental, an owner often has to do nothing more than cash a check every month.

Of course, this is why many planned communities forbid the short term rental of the properties within them.

winstongator

You would be surprised.

Subdivisions like Golden Oaks are often second, third or fourth vacation homes for the residents. It would not surprise me one bit if a good chunk of them are vacant 10-11 months out of the year.

High end rentals in desirable locations are quite a lucrative business with large homes going for 4 figures a night. With a myriad of third party business willing to manage the rental, an owner often has to do nothing more than cash a check every month.

Of course, this is why many planned communities forbid the short term rental of the properties within them.
A double-lot giant home sits beachfront next to the public access we used to use. Honestly, it looked like a hotel. We would go to that access consistently, I'd drive , bike and run by it. I saw it in use the 4th of July, and maybe one other week. It's not the only one like that around us. There are homes near that one that get rented, but they're rental homes. I'd guess Golden Oak is more like the first group than the second. Agree the HOA would not allow.

We stayed in Augusta when we evac'd for Irma. Heard a story about a guy who pays his full year's worth of mortgage from what he makes renting his house out for a week or two around The Masters. Not to that degree, but it's pretty common to rent for that one week or two, as it is where I am around the TPC tournament.

epcotisbest

Took me a little while to find it, but here is a page from the paperwork we received from Golden Oak. Scanned it and highlighted the information regarding rentals.

GoldenOak.jpg

yaksplat

So what you're saying is that if i can convince an owner in Golden Oak to rent their house to me for 180 days, i can have "guests" show up for varying lengths of stay within that time. Said guests could then purchase a $2000 t-shirt from me on a daily basis...

Kobe!!

A double-lot giant home sits beachfront next to the public access we used to use. Honestly, it looked like a hotel. We would go to that access consistently, I'd drive , bike and run by it. I saw it in use the 4th of July, and maybe one other week. It's not the only one like that around us. There are homes near that one that get rented, but they're rental homes. I'd guess Golden Oak is more like the first group than the second. Agree the HOA would not allow.

We stayed in Augusta when we evac'd for Irma. Heard a story about a guy who pays his full year's worth of mortgage from what he makes renting his house out for a week or two around The Masters. Not to that degree, but it's pretty common to rent for that one week or two, as it is where I am around the TPC tournament.
Having been to The Masters a few times now, I know the rates and this is not accurate. Yes it's expensive but not that much. #MakeTigerGreatAgain
So what you're saying is that if i can convince an owner in Golden Oak to rent their house to me for 180 days, i can have "guests" show up for varying lengths of stay within that time. Said guests could then purchase a $2000 t-shirt from me on a daily basis...
"Guests" haha

donsullivan

Premium Member
You are not going to find a vacation rental 'home' in Golden Oak, it is a very different kind of community and it's not going to happen. If you desire something in that area your ONLY option will be the Four Seasons hotel.

Those who are referencing buying an expensive beach house and renting it much of the summer aren't understanding the HOA restrictions (and Florida laws) that explicitly prevent these things. Beachfront locations aren't subject to those regulations and rules. That 180 day minimum rental period is linked to a Florida statute that most HOA's (and Golden Oka has a very aggressive HOA) apply here specifically to prevent homes in residential neighborhoods from being turned into 'hotels' with all of the noise and disruption that can come along with that. The properties have to be zoned for short term rental (which Golden Oak is not) in order to even consider it. That's why you'll see whole neighborhoods built out along 192 south of WDW where every single home in the area is privately owned but is operating as a vacation rental property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom